Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-22-2009, 03:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mr. Blonde Goes to South Korea

Well hullo gentlemen (and the few ladies. ps show us ur titz). As some of you may have picked up from a couple tidbits in one or two other threads, at the end of February I will be departing the land of free once again to teach English in South Korea. No, I have no idea how to teach small children, nor do I speak a word of Korean. Details, gentlemen, details.

I have been accepted to a nice little private school in Incheon, which is the third largest city in SK and only about an hour away from Seoul, and actually still consists of part of the metropolitan area of Seoul because of this. The bad news is is that i'm only about 30 miles away from the South/North Korean border, which means I could very likely be fucked if shit starts to hit the fan. However, there could also be good news if that situation came about as well.

I am doing this for several reasons;

Firstly I've stayed in Phoenix for entirely too long. I only came here on a whim because I wanted to get out of Indiana anyways.

Secondly, I'm not really going to teach as much as I am to travel. I really miss and love traveling.

Thirdly, I really love Asian chicks. Best head/sex I ever had was from two separate Asian chicks; that's convincing enough for me.

And Fourthly, It's actually a decent living for doing something like teaching something that comes naturally to me. My class hours are only 4PM-10PM, which is pretty fucking sweet as it gives me most of the day to either sleep in and fuck around. Incheon is connected directly to Seoul through the subway, so that could make for some good weekend trips, as well as the entire country of South Korea only being the size of Indiana anyways, so I can get anywhere within a matter of hours.

It's not all roses though, my precious friends. After reading through the contract it definitely seems like they will be working me hard for my money; but I don't see that being a problem. With what they're paying me, (which isn't a HUGE amount hourly, but still pretty good for such a job) on top of covering my housing, as well as letting me do this in the first place, I think me following by a few very strict guidelines (mainly regarding being half hour early every day and not fucking around while at work) is well worth it and more than fair.

The main thing, however, that i'm looking forward to about this trip is what i'm planning on doing after my first year of teaching. I may continue teaching, pending I don't hate it, but i'm taking 3-6 months off after this first year to go on this little trip:

I've been planning it for a while now, and it should be pretty sweet. I plan to spend as much of it as I can on the ground, either walking, busfare, train, or hitchhiking, but i'm aware there are a few spots i'll have to fly obviously. From everybody i've heard though you can get flights pretty cheap in Asia/Europe if you know the right places to book (GWB, HCW, Dent, Ironic Mustache, i'm looking at you). I eventually want to end up in London (GWB, think you'll still be there a year and a half from now?) before I take my next step.

It's possible i'll move back to the states, but right now I can't see me doing such a thing after traveling so much. I'm trying to get to all 7 continents by the time I turn 30 (which gives me about 5 years), so after that I might teach english (once again, pending I don't mind it) in South America for a while and while i'm there save up for a trip to Antarctica.

Alas, never fear Nubblites! I will still be here for you! I know my biggest fans like Active, ID, and F3lix will miss me terribly, so I plan on purchasing a laptop sometime in the next couple weeks and will have internet access in my semi furnished studio apartment, although god knows what they're gonna charge me for it. SK is the "most wired nation in the world", so can't be that expensive.

Anyways, that's that. Any tips from anyone on visiting the far east are more than appreciated.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 01-22-2009 at 03:40 AM.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 04:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

I have a basketball player/foreign exchange student from that area. I'm sure he would love to take you on a tour, plus teach you to get into triple threat position!!

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 04:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

Blonde, there is a good chance (75%+) that I will be visiting you in Korea. Flights from Europe are cheaper for some reason from what I've seen.

And yes, you can stay at my place in London. Except you should come to London as your first leg in Europe for a couple reasons:

London is one of the best places to fly into and out of Europe.
I'm in London
We can go drink in Germany and Ireland

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 05:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W. Bush View Post
Blonde, there is a good chance (75%+) that I will be visiting you in Korea. Flights from Europe are cheaper for some reason from what I've seen.

And yes, you can stay at my place in London. Except you should come to London as your first leg in Europe for a couple reasons:

London is one of the best places to fly into and out of Europe.
I'm in London
We can go drink in Germany and Ireland

GWB, you are so Worldly.

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 08:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
I like dirt.

Internets: 2790
tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to tonguegina Send a message via AIM to tonguegina Send a message via MSN to tonguegina Send a message via Yahoo to tonguegina

I have a friend in Seoul doing that same thing. Most of his students are actually businessmen, but he's had fun with it. He's in his second year right now. It seems like a pretty sweet gig. I'm sure you'll have a good time with it.
tonguegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 09:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

Well, you're actually doing it, Blonde. Congratulations. Have fun.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Why Thailand? Why Afghanistan? Why Israel? Maybe I am just a conspiracy theorist here, but you took out a large insurance policy on your life and named me as a beneficiary and are intending to get killed in one of these countries?

I'm honored.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 12:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

I havent decided how i'm handling Pakistan/Afghanistan/Iraq/Iran yet, possibly leaving Iran completely out of it, but thats just where the line went through. Regardless, I definitely want to visit Israel, i've heard its beautiful.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 01-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Afghanistan and Iran = probably not a good idea whatsoever. I'm sure you'll figure it out though.

Also, color me very interested in visiting you in SK at some point. I know a poker player who moved there after landing a seven figure score. Said the girls there are amazing and go nuts for American boys.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 04:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Internets: 1608
Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

My friend Erin just got back from a year in Korea. She didn't really like it, but then again she's a girl. I also know the gentleman that Tonguegina speaks of- the whole thing is a good fit for him. We could probably pass along some contact information if you're interested.

One of my best friends is teaching in Japan right now, and while he likes the overall experience he has been overworked. He started out teaching a few elementary classes, but after a few months, he had classes morning, afternoon, and night....he barely sleeps anymore. You're at the mercy of whatever program you enter, so make sure you do your research beforehand.

Sounds like you've thought it all out, though. This could be an amazing experience for you...I expect a detailed travelogue (with pics!).

One more thing...make sure you have a handle on your drinking. Once the distance and loneliness sets in you might start hitting the bottle a bit too hard. Punching car windows and other such mayhem probably won't go over too well
Pliedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 06:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
I like dirt.

Internets: 2790
tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to tonguegina Send a message via AIM to tonguegina Send a message via MSN to tonguegina Send a message via Yahoo to tonguegina

Neither will kicking the side view mirrors off of cars.
tonguegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 06:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Just been told by me jew-friend that going across iran to israel isn't legal, but I understand that you haven't mapped a flight path.
Also, Afghan? the war will be stepping up there over the next year, I really don't see it being a good idea.
I'll be visiting Israel at some point next year, if you visit there i'm game.
GWB is probably right in starting in london, travel up north (welcome to stay at mine) then ferry to ireland.

I think DDtemptest is a little confused with thailand/israel, I've been to thailand, albeit the tourist area, and it's all good.
Same with Israel, its probably the most pro-american country, besides the UK.
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Spice Master

Yeah i was confused about that comment too. Thailand is one of the biggest tropical vacation destinations in that hemisphere i'm pretty sure and Israel is definitely one of the US's best allies.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 01-22-2009, 10:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Well Israel may or may not be involving itself in a region wide war by that point and well Thailand I figured you were just going to have sex with 11 year olds.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 12:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

If you plan on going to Arab countries, do not let the Israelis stamp your passport as you may be denied admission. I know Iran will not let you into the country if you have any Israel stamps...

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 09:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

Teaching small Korean children you say?

Last edited by Beebs; 01-23-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 10:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

and where have you been?

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 10:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

Went to Denver, pain in the ass to start sorting through old posts. Working on new avatar.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Spice Master

Fuck, it seems like forever ago that I posted this. That being said, tomorrow morning 6AM Indiana time I start my journey. Once I get to San Francisco its about a 12 and a half hour flight and by the time I land in South Korea, exchange my money, somehow find the shuttle for my hotel and check in, it should be about 8 or 9 at night (i think) on Saturday night. I'm definitely going to be

A. Try to find some other Americans or English speakers

B. If that fails go online and find some English speaking hangout bars

C. Go there and meet some helpers.

Then I have all day Sunday to myself before training starts Monday morning, so i'll probably just wander around Seoul and shit.

Anyways, thats the update. Cheers dudes.
Unread 03-05-2009, 11:29 PM   #20 (permalink)

Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one man. How much did the flight end up costing? If you pull Korean ass within the first 48 hours, I'm visiting by May.
Unread 03-05-2009, 11:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Spice Master

780 through some travel agent i was referred to by my recruiter. we'll see about 48 hours. pending my roommate in the hotel for the first week during training isn't a douchebag about me bringing home bitches, i'm sure gonna try.

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 03-05-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Unread 03-06-2009, 02:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

Eiffel Tower some bitch
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #23 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Did your roommate apply for the same thing? he american?
780 seems a little expensive for a single flight, you can go to hong kong for $400 through orbitz.
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW

Sounds like you got it planned out decent, good luck out there and have fun dude.

780 doesn't seem that bad to travel across the globe. I'm guessing your 400 dollar figure is leaving from Europe?
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #25 (permalink)

Chicago to South Korea for $780 buying your ticket just one week in advance sounded like a steal to me.