Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?

Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Anti-Flag signs to RCA Records (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13694)

Pliedes 05-02-2005 03:22 PM

I don't think I even need to say anything.

http://www.anti-flag.com/NE10.php?news_item=180

THEINCREDIBLEdork 05-02-2005 04:09 PM

how tragic... i think

victim 05-02-2005 04:11 PM

That's great. Now they'll be able to spread their important message to a wider, mainstream audience. While I've always been more of a Good Charlotte fan, it'd be great to pick up an Anti-Flag CD too the next time I'm in Wal-Mart to pick up the latest GC release. Hardcore!

DJ FC 05-02-2005 04:16 PM

I am so fucking pissed about this.

Now people all over the world will get to hear good music and I'm sure they are going to suck now!

Ugly Bastard 05-02-2005 04:23 PM

Quote:

New label or not, Anti-Flag will continue to operate in that manner. We will continue to speak out against sexism, racism, and homophobia, as well as punk-scene elitism and superficial assholes. We will continue to stand against the mindlessness and dangers of patriotism, nationalism, militarism, fascism, and morally bankrupt neo-conservatives
What a bunch of insecure faggots.

-Ugly Bastard

DJ FC 05-02-2005 04:25 PM

Quote:

We will continue to stand against the mindlessness and dangers of patriotism, nationalism, militarism, fascism, and morally bankrupt neo-conservatives
I'd be willing they couldn't use half of those words in a sentence.

Edit: Correctly, and showing an understanding for what the word is.

[ May 02, 2005, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: DJ FC ]

the Butcher 05-02-2005 04:48 PM

what i find the most funny about all of this, is that punk was created to break free of things like labels and endorsement. now, you have the most "punk rock" band on the planet signing to one of the largest record labels out there. ha. funny to say the least.

Pliedes 05-03-2005 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DJ FC:
Now people all over the world will get to hear good music and I'm sure they are going to suck now!
Sarcasm noted, but these guys don't make good music at all, in fact it's pretty much just stock "oi!" punk with rehashed "the government sucks" lyrics. The whole reason I pointed this out was simply because they've always claimed to be the anti-thesis of corporate anything. The whole thing would be a lot more humorous if it wasn't so damn predictable.

George Sherman 05-03-2005 03:45 PM

This is terrible news


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright © 2002-∞ - Nubblies.net