![]() |
|
|
#78 (permalink) | |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
Quote:
We're clearly not doing something that great. | |
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#79 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 549
Internets: 5464
|
Yeah you should definitely believe everything the WHO says. I wonder what their criteria were for rating the countries? I'm sure there is considerable bias in favor of countries with nationalized healthcare.
You can't deny that when niggas want surgery, when niggas want a CT scan, when niggas want the best, most sophisticated medical technology available, niggas come to the US. Especially when niggas don't wanna wait six months. |
|
|
|
|
|
#80 (permalink) |
|
G'd up from the feet up.
|
Holy crap, I googled, "wait list for surgery in Canada," and got like a billion hits of articles articles complaining, then googled "wait list for surgery in U.S." and STILL got a bill hits complaining about CANADA's wait list.
|
|
Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#81 (permalink) | |
|
Poor Sport
|
Quote:
I know one thing, if you had to pick where to have a serious surgery done, the US would either win or come close to winning that choice. Places like the Mayo Clinic don't happen in a NHS type system. I get that it's a quality of care vs availability of care thing, but the WHO underweights quality of care, in my opinion. I mean really, name the places you would actually have to have a life threatening illness in that are ranked higher than the US. Oman? Columbia? Really? | |
|
|
|
|
|
#82 (permalink) |
|
Bokononist
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,595
Internets: 11801
|
By 'worked' I meant...effective, useful, positive, sustainable, it has just plain worked. I'm not sure what is so meritless about it, just do a search of "Universal Healthcare Statistics". I'm not going to start posting any charts and whatnot, it's not going to accomplish anything.
Edit: Maybe I'm just bitter because I don't have insurance because it's too fucking expensive. |
|
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Last edited by Fruitacious B; 11-02-2010 at 10:10 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#83 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
|
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#85 (permalink) |
|
G'd up from the feet up.
|
Not looking good for Prop 19... Don't really understand it, but then, I didn't really understand why Prop 8 passed either.
"I'm against it!" "Why?" "I don't know it's just not right." "No reason for that logic?" "Not really, I just don't like it." |
|
Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#86 (permalink) | |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
Quote:
Jesus guys, I understand skepticism better than most, but who DO you trust to get your information from? | |
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#88 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
|
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#89 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
I think i'm really beginning to understand the root of F3lix's delusions.
|
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#91 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
And you clearly don't, friendo. Your posting doesn't reflect what you'd like us to believe. You've had the Libertarians all up inside your asshole and loving it for years, and are adopting the Tea Party just because that's what they call themselves. At least I'm not claiming to trust nobody yet clearly showing the opposite.
|
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#92 (permalink) |
|
Gangnam Style
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DH's Massage Parlor
Posts: 6,383
Internets: 213510
|
There are levels, Mr. Blonde. The longer a politician is in office, the more I do not trust him/her. The less time, the better. It's all about corruption. I want term limits to prevent these crooks from making a career out of it.
I support Libertarians because they want minimal government. It's hard to be too corrupt when you aren't stealing from everybody in America and calling it a "tax." Less and smaller government is less corrupt. Simple as that. |
|
|
|
|
|
#93 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
They say they want minimal government, at least in the areas that help massive corporations, right? But how can you know for sure, if they can be negatively influenced by outside money? Like, oh, I don't know, THE MOTHERFUCKING KOCH BROTHERS???
Let's see how much minimal government they want in regard to "defense" spending. By the way, one of your Teabaggers knocked out the only senator to vote against the Patriot Act, arguably one of the biggest government infringements on personal liberty in the history of the United States, so uh, thanks. Cognitive dissonance is hard, buddy, I know. Oh and please actually respond to the points I brought up, I actually want to know you aren't just putting your blinders on like the rest of America. God dammit, F3lix. God dammit. ![]() |
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#94 (permalink) |
|
Gangnam Style
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DH's Massage Parlor
Posts: 6,383
Internets: 213510
|
Blonde, please outline which of your "questions" you'd like me to answer. I can't read your mind.
In response to how do I know what libs would do if elected... look at Ron Paul's voting record. Look at the myriad of libs who have won on the local level campaigning on the single idea of winning the election just to dismantle the useless office for which they are running, and then doing just as they said they would. |
|
|
|
|
|
#95 (permalink) |
|
Gangnam Style
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DH's Massage Parlor
Posts: 6,383
Internets: 213510
|
How about the fed waving the middle finger at the newly elected tea partiers by announcing they'll "boost" the economy when it was doing just fine leading up to the election with people knowing they'd get some of their money back. Seriously. They fucking wait until election night to announce they'll do it and intervene the next morning. Fuck the fucking fed.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#96 (permalink) |
|
Jelqing for Jesus
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte's spare bedroom
Posts: 3,079
Internets: 194538
|
Anybody who doesn't think the healthcare system in the U.S. isn't fucked just isn't realistic. It's the most expensive in the world and I'd say not better.
From an employer perspective on health insurance: It costs $1,528 per month, per employee, on my group plan for the employee + spouse. That's an 80-20 plan with a $5,000 deductible without maternity benefits or preventative. I pay half, the employee pays the other half. We're at the point where the cost of health insurance has exceeded the cost of rent for some employees. It's also over $550,000 per year in total premiums for 30 employees. Just as a point of reference, it cost less to attend medical school in Texas (tuition and fees) than it does to pay for health insurance. It would also cost less to fly to Europe once per month and pay full tariff for routine healthcare and still have change left over. It would probably cost less to hire a private physician to work in the office (don't actually know this for sure, it's a complete guess). Like Blonde, I've also been to a foreign hospital once and got sick another time. The trip in an ambulance, ER visit, and treatment was under $500 in Paris. My fucking ER co-pay is $500. Another time, while coming back from Spain, I caught some bad water and ended up with giardia or some shit. The trip to the private doc in Haarlem was 20 Euros, and the blister pack prescription was 2 Euros and change. Not generic shit either. Get home go see PCP in Fort Worth. pay the $30 co-pay, get the script for the medicine, and have a $60 co-pay. The other difference I'd point out. the hospital staff in Paris spoke better English than the Indian and Vietnamese staff in Arlington, Texas. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#97 (permalink) | |
|
G'd up from the feet up.
|
Quote:
| |
|
Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#98 (permalink) | |
|
Poor Sport
|
Quote:
Honestly, do you really believe you would rather have to have life saving surgery in those countries compared to the US? | |
|
|
|
|
|
#100 (permalink) | |
|
Jelqing for Jesus
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte's spare bedroom
Posts: 3,079
Internets: 194538
|
Quote:
By the way, $764 X 12 = $9,168/2 = $4,584 X 68 years = $311,712. | |
|
|
||
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| The 2008 Presidential Election | Ugly Bastard | General Chat | 23 | 12-19-2006 10:27 PM |
| So This Rolling Stone Article Says Bush Rigged 2004 Election | Ugly Bastard | General Chat | 3 | 06-13-2006 07:49 PM |
| One last thing about the presidential election | f3lix | News | 0 | 11-15-2004 09:31 PM |