![]() |
|
|
#1 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 4,220
Internets: 124047
|
Here are my top 5 times, when filling out your bracket!
1. 10 over 7 75% of the time- I pick the 10 seed on 3 out of 4 games every year. This started at a very young age, and has provided me with plenty of wins a year. 2. 1st weekend is about the players, the rest of the tourney is about coaching- Every year, Mich State ends up making a run. Why you ask? Tom Izzo. His coaching style preches defense and rebounding. That's what it takes to win in the NCAA tourney. 3. Tourney experiance means shit- Younger teams seem to be dominating the tournament, like no other time. Ever sense Mello won with Syracuse, the youth movement in college basketball has trickled down. There is always a team with a super Freshmen that makes ripples in March. The same will stand true this year. 4. The Big Ten will flat choke, well maybe not this year - Normally, we don't see much Big Ten basketball after the round of 32. I think this year maybe different. OSU, Purdue, Mish St. and Wisc all have a chance to make it to the Sweet 16. 5. Florida???????- Michigan St. lucked out with having to play Florida if they win. They have no buisness in the 2 spot IMO. I would ride them in my bracket, even though Digger thinks they are final 4 bound. That in itself should push you into an early exit for the Gators. If you have any other bracket questions, feel free to ask. |
|
Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 4,220
Internets: 124047
|
The Big Ten has been a dissapointment for years. Regardless of Final Four teams, the conference hasn't produced like they should.
|
|
Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 4,220
Internets: 124047
|
Here is the thing, when it comes to the tourney, knowing less isn't a bad thing. There are so many varibles that come into play the entire month. Here is my big play, but it's probably sure to go wrong. I'm betting the farm on Marquette getting to the sweet 16, and also either Clemson or UAB knocking off WVU. I'm not as high on the Big East as some people are. They have been beating the shit out of each other for 2 months. It's going to wear on teams.
|
|
Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 (permalink) |
|
Ahoy Fuckbag
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a pineapple under the sea
Posts: 3,540
Internets: 187030
|
|
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 4,220
Internets: 124047
|
Ohh DD, the check has already been mailed. Believe it or not, I'm awful with money. The smartest thing to do for myself was to let her control my money, expecially now when I've started making a quality amount of it. When I spend, I go through her. She allows me freedom most times.
F3lix, see how I did that. I was going to end that paragraph with a quality insult about DD and his employment position, but decided against it since it's been used. Can't overplay the same insult, it looses its luster. |
|
Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 (permalink) | ||
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
Quote:
Quote:
| ||
|
|
|
|
|
#13 (permalink) | |
|
MURICAN
|
Quote:
| |
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#16 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 4,220
Internets: 124047
|
Listen here mother fuckers. I started this philosphy when I was 8. Just because the line changes, doesn't mean my beliefs do. 3 out of 4 10 seeds will win this year. Book it. You can either follow my lead, or you will just end up in the low end of your company pool. Seems easy enough for anyone to understand!
|
|
Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#21 (permalink) | |
|
MURICAN
|
Quote:
| |
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
||
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Official Nubblies Contest #18: 2009 March Madness Bracket League | Ugly Bastard | Sports | 67 | 04-07-2009 09:54 PM |