Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Crazy Stuff > Shit Talking Central

Notices

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Spice Master
 
Mr. Blonde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why I hate "marketing."

When living in a foreign country (and not caring very much about learning the language, as learning Korean long term is pretty much worthless), you become accustomed to tuning that language out in your every day life. I didn't watch broadcast/cable TV in Korea for almost 2 and a half years, and couldn't read most advertising in public. Also didn't listen to radio. So the minute amount of advertising I had came to me through watching TV online (minimal as I often torrented) or what I could understand while out and about.

I didn't actually notice this fact until I came home and was/am barraged by ridiculous, annoying-as-fuck advertisements almost CONSTANTLY when watching TV or radio. It's crazy how accustomed people (myself before Korea, many people now) get accustomed to hearing this, or perhaps tuning it out (something I'm trying to do). Advertisments almost make me angry when I hear them now because of their relentless, pseudo-brainwashing effects they have whenever I'm trying to enjoy some media; I usually end up just turning the radio/TV off, preferring silence over my brain being told what "is" by ads.

So I guess this thread is to post advertising you think is ANNOYING AS FUCK or show ways that marketing will screw with people's heads. I really think advertising dulls a lot of people's critical thinking skills, because the perceived "authority" that being on TV/radio gives.

For example, a craze that is important to note is the whole "organic" and "healthy" food craze that's been going on the past 5-10 years. "Organic" is a very flexible term; I mean hell, technically EVERYTHING that grows in the wild can be labeled organic. The push for anti-oxidants being some kind of super molecule that will make you live forever is what made me think of this thread:

Why doctors don't like to talk about antioxidants. - Slate Magazine
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Emperor Meow
 
THEINCREDIBLEdork's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,350
Internets: 290966
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork
Default

yea commercials and advertising blow, but w/o them no one could afford to produce content.

why did you put quotation marks around "marketing?"

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Gangnam Style
 
f3lix's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DH's Massage Parlor
Posts: 6,383
Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions
Default

I'm with you on this. My mother falls for anything on a label. If a donut box said it could lead to less chance of getting cancer, she'd buy it. It blows my mind watching her shop.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Spice Master
 
Mr. Blonde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mistoffelees View Post
yea commercials and advertising blow, but w/o them no one could afford to produce content.
I was just trying to take a nap and was thinking one of you would bring this up. And my response is yes, obviously, but it doesn't mean I have to like it and it annoys me consumers don't make it more clear to advertisers how much they dislike most kinds of advertising. Maybe I wish there was more of an opportunity for feedback? I suppose there is market research beforehand, focus groups and whatnot, but it doesn't seem to give the majority of consumers a feedback option. Example: I'm much more likely to be interested in a product or service if their advertisements entertained me in some way (funny commercial etc. instead of just "HEY LOOK AT THIS IT WORKS BUY IT").

Quote:
why did you put quotation marks around "marketing?"
Eh I thought using quotes would help to use "marketing" as not just the concept of coming up with the ideas, but a blanket term for all forms of advertising, commercials, billboards, and the like. Didn't mean to insinuate it was something other than marketing.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Emperor Meow
 
THEINCREDIBLEdork's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,350
Internets: 290966
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork
Default

I'm sorry I jolted you from your nap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
if their advertisements entertained me in some way (funny commercial etc. instead of just "HEY LOOK AT THIS IT WORKS BUY IT").
There are a lot of circumstances I wish it was just the latter with more strict regulations on what I will call "factitious claims."

Nothing is more annoying when an advertisement attempts to entertain you and fails. I'm sitting through your bullshit advertisement to be entertained by something I have chosen to be entertained by, I don't need you pooping on my parade.

See:


#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Spice Master
 
Mr. Blonde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Forgiven, it wasn't you, it was that coffee I sprung for. $1.26 out of the bank account!! Jeez Louise!



^^^ Thought of above situation too when I was writing before; the truth that what is funny to me, may not be funny to others, and that what is funny to others, may not be funny to me. Obviously that Geico commerical isn't targeted to our audience, rather our parent's age.

That being said, Geico is one of the few companies that at least tries to make it's commercials funny to some demographic. Even if it's not funny to me personally, I can still appreciate the marketing value behind it. This one is one that I am personally a fan of, even though it hits a little close to home:


Amusing to me, in a wry way, at best, but it's entertaining and relevant. The only real part that "assaulted" me was the namedrop of the car at the end; the rest of the commercial was a form of entertainment.



Also I want to bang that girl.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley
 
thekremlin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Posts: 3,271
Internets: 220249
thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Don't hate dumb marketing, hate people who are dumb enough to overpay for the word "organic". But, really, it seems like a kind of silly thing to get all worked up about.
thekremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,147
Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I actually chuckled at the Geico commercial. The Toyota commercial made me want to stab myself in the face I hated it so much.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Spice Master
 
Mr. Blonde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekremlin View Post
But, really, it seems like a kind of silly thing to get all worked up about.
Keep it up, sheep. JUST KEEP ON BEING COMPLACENT.

But yeah, obviously, i'm not having an aneurysm about it or anything, but you could apply "seems like a silly thing to get all worked up about" to practically anything and it's basically what a person says to shut down any discussion about complaining. This is Shit Talking Central; I will complain as I wish!
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Almost there...
 
Repugnant Abomination's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,979
Internets: 164547
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I noticed the same thing too while in Taiwan.

You know what else drives me crazy now? The radio. It's such absolute shit. And since I don't have that many CDs I'll still usually listen to it while driving to work.

Frankly I miss not knowing who the fuck Justin Beiber was.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Emperor Meow
 
THEINCREDIBLEdork's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,350
Internets: 290966
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork
Default

What station are you listening to, faggot?

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Almost there...
 
Repugnant Abomination's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,979
Internets: 164547
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute
Default

The faggot station.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Spice Master
 
Mr. Blonde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repugnant Abomination View Post
I noticed the same thing too while in Taiwan.

You know what else drives me crazy now? The radio. It's such absolute shit. And since I don't have that many CDs I'll still usually listen to it while driving to work.

Frankly I miss not knowing who the fuck Justin Beiber was.
MP3 player + auxiliary cable. If you don't have auxiliary in your car, use the tape-adapter. If only have a CD player, shell out the 50-100 bucks to get a system with Auxiliary input.

I haven't used a CD in ages.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
MURICAN
 
DJ FC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,136
Internets: 253094
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC
Default

Auxiliary cable!?!?!

If you're not too much of a faggot shell out another $50 and get a system with Bluetooth.

I haven't used a cable in ages.


The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag
 
DDTempest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a pineapple under the sea
Posts: 3,540
Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
Maybe I wish there was more of an opportunity for feedback?
There is, it's called: BUYING MEDIA. Unfortunately, the bulk of people are not willing to spend money on quality, direct to consumer, media products so they are forced to "subsidize" their profits by putting shows and movies on networks that will pay to play them.

I know, I know, lets cry for the artists that hardly get any of the proceeds from a record sale etc etc ... but the bottom line is that nobody is willing to SEEK OUT and PURCHASE products they would enjoy. Media makers benefit from selling themselves to networks, radio, cable, etc and other products benefit from bringing themselves to an audience that MIGHT be interested in what their selling. Its a flawed system, but its a system that seemingly works.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Spice Master
 
Mr. Blonde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ FC View Post
Auxiliary cable!?!?!

If you're not too much of a faggot shell out another $50 and get a system with Bluetooth.

I haven't used a cable in ages.
I have an old school Ipod. No wireless connection capability.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ugly Bastard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Default

+1 to hating marketing. I try to remember to mute the TV during commercials and generally try to avoid consuming ads whenever possible. Would rather just pay a small subscription to a content producing company in order not to have to watch ads. This is what makes HBO, Spotify, and others so great.

Blonde, you might like Century of the Self, a documentary that gets into, among other things, how marketers have succeeded in manufacturing a sense of need among the population. You can stream it on Google Video I'm pretty sure. I've rec'd it before. It's 4 hours long. If you think you can't sit through that, then just watch the last hour (but I'd recommend the whole thing).
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley
 
thekremlin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Posts: 3,271
Internets: 220249
thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I've decided to hijack this thread as a place for us to put links to commercials we like.

A company called comparethemarketdotcom sells car and home insurance. Their spokespeople are CGI eastern european meerkats who are annoyed that people keep coming to their website, comparethemeerkat.com, trying to buy insurance. Compare the Meerkat not Compare the Market is a real website where you can compare meerkats and pick your favorite. Now I've learned that if you get insurance with comparethemarketdotcom, you get a free meerkat plush toy. I want one and am considering paying for FC's car insurance to get one.

Simples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pancake View Post
Waiting until kremlin moves to Phucket in a few years.
thekremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
MURICAN
 
DJ FC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,136
Internets: 253094
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC
Default

I LOVE COMEPARETHEMARKET.COM!!!





The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.
 
Ironic Mustache's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cali
Posts: 7,146
Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache
Default

This isn't the exact one I was looking for, but it's almost as bad. While trying to find the one I was looking for I realized that all Hillshire Farms commercials are terrible. I've boycotted them since the first one I saw (though I don't know that I ever bought anything from them before that).


Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #21 (permalink)
Spice Master
 
Mr. Blonde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Honestly, how do people who work in offices not kill themselves?

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.
 
Ironic Mustache's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cali
Posts: 7,146
Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache
Default

Most state jobs (especially ones anywhere near the HR department) are very similar to that commercial on a daily basis.

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
Almost there...
 
Repugnant Abomination's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,979
Internets: 164547
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute
Default

It's a constant struggle.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ugly Bastard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Default

I don't understand why commercials have to portray people as dumb, hapless, anesthetized idiots. What happened to making people feel good about themselves when pushing your product on them?
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
MURICAN
 
DJ FC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,136
Internets: 253094
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC
Default

I always liked this one:

Kelloggs Crunchy Nut Cornflakes 'bus stop' by JWT | Advertising news | Campaign


The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People I Hate Tape Rants 273 08-08-2011 07:52 AM
Santa Claus Mr. Blonde Jibberish 16 11-30-2010 03:00 AM
Things i hate at this moment!!! Cocktooth Rants 39 02-17-2004 01:45 PM
I hate Madonna Orgazmo Rants 4 04-20-2003 04:25 AM




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright © 2002-∞ - Nubblies.net