![]() |
|
|
#101 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
|
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#105 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
I posted that like 2 days ago on the last page.
|
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#106 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
![]() |
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#107 (permalink) |
|
Ahoy Fuckbag
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a pineapple under the sea
Posts: 3,540
Internets: 187030
|
|
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#109 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
|
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#110 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 549
Internets: 5464
|
So I just watched the fucking whole god damn show. By the time I had gotten to the final episode I was like, well this is going to be an ass fuck. And it was. A horribly painful ass fuck. From this day forward, I vow to never watch another fucking television show created by JJ Abrams, that fucking bastard. I honestly hate his guts. Not only because of Lost, not only because of Alias, but also because he tried to ruin Star Trek. May his soul burn in hell eternally.
That video posted above stated a shit ton of the questions that I still had, and then some that I just completely forgot about BECAUSE THERE ARE STILL SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS! Here's a few more though. What was that fucking stone in the hole in water/light pool? WHY DID MOVING IT MAKE EVERYTHING GO SHIT CRAZY?? Why, after all that time running around in the jungle, had they still not familiarized themselves with the island? It's not a fucking continent, it's a fucking island! Why is it that after all that time running across the island they had NEVER come across the "heart of the island" before? What is the island? And why were those faggots chosen over all the other people with shitty lives and who are alone? Where did the fucking "others" come from? Why did they want to kill the plane crash survivors? Why did they fuck with them so much? Why did the MIB have to take the form of John Locke? Why is it that when the MIB went down into the light pool at the heart of the island, he came flying out as a pillar of black smoke, but when Desmond and jack went down there, nothing happened? Why does Jacob have the power to grant eternal life? Why does the MIB have kick ass powers like turning into a giant fucking smoke pillar, but Jacob is a pussy? What was the fucking Dharma Initiative's purpose, and why were they there? How did they find the island? What was the significance of the "numbers" Hurley believed were a curse? God damnit this pisses me off. As for the sideways flashes, don't even fucking get me started with that. The piece of shit creator started that whole fucking scenario after the A-bomb went off, to somehow fuck with our minds and think there was another time line going on where the plane landed and this is what would have happened if the plane did land. Then he was like, oh fuck, how am I going to end this? And then he's like I GOT IT! I'll make them all be dead! I just want to say I was right. Although the ending wasn't nearly as bad as Alias, it was still a pretty big let down. I mean, am I the only one who was pretty badly disappointed with it? So many unanswered questions, a completely bullshit climax, and a piss poorly thrown together tie-in with the sideways flashes. God damnit all to hell. |
|
Last edited by Der Fuhrer; 06-13-2010 at 03:25 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#111 (permalink) | |
|
Ahoy Fuckbag
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a pineapple under the sea
Posts: 3,540
Internets: 187030
|
Quote:
| |
|
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#112 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 549
Internets: 5464
|
The show itself is fucking awesome. It sucks you in big time. The ending is just a real big let down in my opinion, which is what makes the show suck a lot of ass in retrospect. The show is awesome while you're watching it, because you think all this mysterious shit is going to be answered at some point. But it's not. In the end you were right DDTempest. You will be jerked on for 6 long seasons but left will a painful case of television blue balls after the finale.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#113 (permalink) | |
|
The Government
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 98
Internets: 1037
|
Saw this on the interwebs, it may help with your post-lost questions and emptiness:
Quote:
| |
|
|
|
|
|
#115 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 549
Internets: 5464
|
I hate to beat a dead horse, but I've still got a few things on my mind with regards to the above explanatory post. My first, and perhaps largest problem with the explanation (or possibly the show itself) is the religious aspect that seems to be the general interpretation of the show. For literally the first 5 seasons, I saw absolutely zero religious undertones in the show. Frankly, I didn't see all that many in the final season until the last few episodes. Again, this type of shit makes me feel that the creator had no fucking clue where the story was going, and finally at the last minute he threw together a piss poor conclusion and tried to make it epic by throwing in religious symbolism. I do not like it. I would have much rather them all be dead wandering around in some afterlife or something. Or even they were part of some weird psychological experiment, or even they were hooked up to a fucking next-gen mental video game type shit. Hell, I would have preferred the explanation that Hurley took 30 hits of acid and hallucinated the whole god damn thing.
Moving on to unexplained events/unanswered questions. I'm ok with a little mystery. Lost was a mysterious show, which thrived on the unknowns. In other words, questions like, what is the island, who is Jacob, why were those people selected, how did the lighthouse show reflections of very distant locations, etc. I'm fine with questions of that nature being left unanswered, I guess. The problem I have is that when there are significant events/questions that seem to drive the storyline in a certain direction (i.e. why did Ben have the Arab kill all those people, why did the others want Walt so bad, why did they make him take tests, who the fuck was Eloise and why was she the only one who was aware of things like Desmond time-traveling, and Desmond in the after-life. Questions of this type I want to know, because it's part of the story, and these events drove the plot line. I am still very disappointed with the ending. I think season 4 or 5, or even 1 was the best. Honestly, season 1 very well might have been the best. |
|
|
|
|
|
#117 (permalink) |
|
The Government
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 98
Internets: 1037
|
I just stumbled on an awesomely satisfying theory for Lost. Its really long, but definitely worth reading.
Original Post TLDR Summary |
|
Read this if you are gay.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#123 (permalink) |
|
Ahoy Fuckbag
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a pineapple under the sea
Posts: 3,540
Internets: 187030
|
|
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| 'Lost World' Found in New Guinea Jungle | Mr. Blonde | News | 9 | 08-11-2009 09:51 AM |
| My harrowing tale of love lost and possibly found. | Repugnant Abomination | General Chat | 141 | 11-07-2008 04:37 PM |
| Chappelles Show...The Lost Episodes | Mr. Blonde | Reviews | 5 | 07-20-2006 08:44 PM |
| My harrowing tale of love lost forever | DJ FC | General Chat | 1 | 03-25-2006 07:27 PM |