Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Rants

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-15-2005, 11:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Empress Magnificent

Internets: 349
Lucy Fur is a jewel in the rough Lucy Fur is a jewel in the rough Lucy Fur is a jewel in the rough Lucy Fur is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Lucy Fur Send a message via Yahoo to Lucy Fur
i had to put gas in my hubby's truck today... holy fucking shit..... 59.83 later the tank was full. (it wasn't empty when i got there either) when i went in to pay i asked if they were giving away free ky jelly for the ass rapings they were handing out. the dried up hag bitch behind the counter was not amused and looked offended by my statement. too bad. i am much more offended by the fact that i have to pay 2.89 for a gallon of fucking gas.

I am chaos. It is my destiny to destroy.
Lucy Fur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2005, 11:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Internets: 406
ur my bitch is just really nice ur my bitch is just really nice ur my bitch is just really nice ur my bitch is just really nice ur my bitch is just really nice
fucking taxes. government in our pockets all day long to help pay for the leeches of society in so many ways.

And, $2.89 in bubmblefuck MI? what are you doing putting supreme in a friggin truck?
ur my bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2005, 11:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
We still believe.

Internets: 216
Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Niger Angelus
Yes, I agree...FUCK THE GOVERMENT!!! AHHHHHHH!!! BAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLSS!!! YEAH.

I enjoy knives and fire.
Niger Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2005, 12:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
I still don't think they are too bad. I'm not joking at all when I say I would support aditional taxes on gas, the only problem is that it wouldn't be appropriate right now because the public is in panic mode. Everyone should just calm down, gas is still relatively cheap compared to other things you buy.
Unread 08-16-2005, 12:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
like blowjobs.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2005, 12:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
We still believe.

Internets: 216
Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Niger Angelus
Good Blowjobs.

I enjoy knives and fire.
Niger Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2005, 12:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Internets: 150
Lungo has a spectacular aura about Lungo has a spectacular aura about
20% of the nation's oil supply goes right through where I work in Valdez, and in town gas is 2.78/gallon. That's for regular unleaded. Nearly a million barrels go through there a day, and there's a refinery right down the road. WTF!?
I traded in my truck so I could save money.

Why in the blue hell would anyone support more taxes on anything? DJ FC? Do you have a car? Do you pay for your own shit?

"What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we fuckin' funny? You best come up with an answer, cos I'm gonna come back here and check on you and your momma and if you ain't got a reason why you hate clowns, I'm gonna kill your whole fucking family."
Lungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2005, 12:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
DJ FC, werent passionfish and I just talking to you yesterday about wanting to live in Canada, even though the taxes are much more, because the gov't takes care of more? And you said "i don't know about you, i want to be rich; i don't want to be taxed that much, in america you have the freedom to independently prosper"

or something to that effect.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 08-16-2005, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Internets: 10
fat_retard is on a distinguished road
Gas prices won't change until people change their gas purchasing habits. As long as the oil companies know that people will still pay for the gas, they'll raise the prices as high as they can to make as much profit as they can. People are too reliant on gasoline, they'll still buy it when the prices are too high.

[ August 16, 2005, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: fat_retard ]
fat_retard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2005, 12:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
DJ FC

Quote:
Originally posted by Lungo:
Why in the blue hell would anyone support more taxes on anything? DJ FC? Do you have a car? Do you pay for your own shit?
Yes I have a car. And yes, gas prices can be taxing on me... especially me. I am a college student who frequently makes a 4 hour drive between Middlebury, IN and Bloomington, IN.

To Blonde as well:
If you raise revenue for the government by taxing gas, you can decrease the taxes on other items. I don't support aditional taxes, and I'd prefer that we work on getting transfer payments (when the government takes money straight from one group and gives it to another) back to their historical levels.

The truth is, gas is one of the few things that when taxed will keep the negative effects of the economy from the tax to a minimum. People will still consume gas. The other issue at hand is that if gas consumption really does hurt the environment more than it's worth, then we should tax it.

edit:
Quote:
Originally posted by fat_retard:
Gas prices won't change until people change their gas purchasing habits. As long as the oil companies know that people will still pay for the gas, they'll raise the prices as high as they can to make as much profit as they can. People are too reliant on gasoline, they'll still buy it when the prices are too high.
This is also a fear of mine... OPEC is essentially a cartel and a monopoly which would be illegal in the US. They have the incentive to keep prices higher than a free market would.

[ August 16, 2005, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: DJ FC ]
Unread 08-16-2005, 07:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

Internets: 203
bloodyfart has a spectacular aura about bloodyfart has a spectacular aura about bloodyfart has a spectacular aura about
i just feel sorry for all the gardners and people that were barely getting by already.

<b>We're here, and we're queer, so get used to it</b>
bloodyfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2005, 08:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

MAGICLIT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to MAGICLIT
Liar.

I am all in favor of a ruling class, especially since I rule.
MAGICLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2005, 08:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

bloodyfart has a spectacular aura about bloodyfart has a spectacular aura about bloodyfart has a spectacular aura about
i know.

Unread 08-18-2005, 10:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
NJ, Toilet Bowl of USA

Deadly Crescent Kick is on a distinguished road
i researched getting a hybrid last year. after looking around, it turns out that hybrid cars really don't help you save that much $$.

fuck that!

i'm not getting a hybrid just for the enviroment...

the poster formerly known as-Andy Kaufman
NHB Intergender Champion

jiu-jitsu isn't the hardass frat guy yelling at you to funnel a beer. its the laid back guy in the corner workin' on 2 chicks.
Deadly Crescent Kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 01:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Internets: 412
theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice
i read an article yesterday on aol that said gas is a nickel a gallon in iraq because of gov't subsidies.

i who have nothing but the comfort of my sins
theMerciless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 03:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
NJ, Toilet Bowl of USA

i hope i live to see the day when the US developes and adopts a viable alternative energy source so we can tell these countries to fuck off.

we'd be well on our way if our politicians weren't corporate whores.

NHB Intergender Champion

jiu-jitsu isn't the hardass frat guy yelling at you to funnel a beer. its the laid back guy in the corner workin' on 2 chicks.
Unread 08-18-2005, 04:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

MAGICLIT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to MAGICLIT
i dont think it'll happen, it'll throw the economy off, and im sure they already have an alternative energy source, but like you said, politicians are corporate whores.

I am all in favor of a ruling class, especially since I rule.
MAGICLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 05:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
DJ FC

Quote:
Originally posted by Deadly Crescent Kick:
i hope i live to see the day when the US developes and adopts a viable alternative energy source so we can tell these countries to fuck off.

Quote:
Originally posted by MAGICLIT:
i dont think it'll happen, it'll throw the economy off, and im sure they already have an alternative energy source, but like you said, politicians are corporate whores.
Do you guys even know what you are talking about?
Dependency on foreign power certainly does not suit the interests of the corporate environment. You see, uncertainty about the future is nothing but bad for a company. The more certain a company is, the more it can earn.

Bush has been a proponent of develping alternative sources of energy for the sake of economic stability.

Democrats promote alternative sources for the sake of the environment.

In the end we'll have other sources, and it will benefit everybody. When they become practical and economically viable, we'll start using them.
Unread 08-18-2005, 06:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

Jake is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jake
I just got back from LA today where a gallon of regular unleaded was $2.97! If I had stuck around another day im sure I would have seen it breach $3.00. Im just glad im back at school where i can walk everywhere, burning some calories and keeping my cash in my pocket.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 07:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo
According to here, the current highest price for regular gas is $3.49 in Long Beach, CA. Cheapest = $2.07 in Mt Pleasant, TX. Average = $2.63.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 07:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Spice Master

fuck every republican ever.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 08-18-2005, 07:38 PM   #22 (permalink)

the reason its so expensive in long beach is cuase they have to make up for all the malt liquor stolen from the ampm

Unread 08-18-2005, 07:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
DJ FC

fuck (insert any broad group and don't explain yourself) ever
Unread 08-18-2005, 11:12 PM   #24 (permalink)
Spice Master

lol. yeah i was pretty drunk when i made that post. my bad.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 08-18-2005, 11:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
NJ, Toilet Bowl of USA

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ FC:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Deadly Crescent Kick:

Quote:
Originally posted by MAGICLIT:
Do you guys even know what you are talking about?
Dependency on foreign power certainly does not suit the interests of the corporate environment. You see, uncertainty about the future is nothing but bad for a company. The more certain a company is, the more it can earn.

Bush has been a proponent of develping alternative sources of energy for the sake of economic stability.

Democrats promote alternative sources for the sake of the environment.

In the end we'll have other sources, and it will benefit everybody. When they become practical and economically viable, we'll start using them.
</font>[/quote]
are you familiar with the term "peak oil"?

NHB Intergender Champion