![]() |
|
|
#1 (permalink) |
|
Member
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tel Aviv
Posts: 74
Internets: 10
|
I was just wandering how people feel about the United Nations. I have had the opportunity to see them at work in various countries personally. My views may not be that of the majority, but I think the U.N. is shit. They dont ever function in the way they were intended, they go after countries that arent the proablem ..in my opinion Israel, they dont look into countries that do have the real problems and violate human rights codes, and they use our money and then have had the tenacity to turn on us in past years. I think we should send all of the U.N. foreign dignataries packing and find a new use for their building. I am in favor of NATO and such organizatons but the U.N. urks me.
|
|
Shalom my brothers
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: there
Posts: 2,305
Internets: -205
|
I am not in favor of any organizations. In my opinion, I think these organizations, as you stated, do not do their jobs well enough. I think that whoever the President of our country is should not have to ask for permission or help of the UN. The UN bugs me, but so does NATO.
|
|
~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: winona lake
Posts: 840
Internets: 10
|
Ignorance is bliss isn't it Vol....honestly you people are so incredibly stupid. We can't just go around pushing our own beliefs and desires into the world without approval from other countries...wait...we do that already don't we. Ahhh nevermind then
|
|
neither here nor there...
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 (permalink) |
|
Guest
Posts: n/a
|
Well there is a lot more than meets the eye at the UN. While I am not a strong supporter of the UN, I do recognize that many of the benefits of the UN are not even recognized by the US media, such as the humanitarian actions in Sudan. Has anyone here even heard of Sudan? Did you know that over a million people have died in the civil war there? It's rather odd what the media chooses to cover, and what it doesn't.
If you are interested, follow this link: http://www.crimesofwar.org/sudan-mag...n-discuss.html [ February 12, 2004, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: DJ FC ] |
|
|
|
#5 (permalink) | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 4,594
Internets: 1608
|
Quote:
2) Welcome to Africa. Ever since decolonization in the 20th century, hell, even before that, it's been constant war all over most of the continent. 3) If they didn't choose what to cover, who would? The government? That all being said, I'm not a big fan of the UN. [ February 12, 2004, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Pliedes ] | |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,063
Internets: 10
|
Yup.
There's a sign on the way back to Warsaw from Indi that has something like "Pull US out of the UN". It wasn't until the whole Iraq thing until I really noticed it and thought.......yeah. Seriously, I hate when people don't realize that the UN took such a pansy ass stance on the Iraq sitcheation. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 (permalink) |
|
Bokononist
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,595
Internets: 11801
|
If by "pansy ass" you meant "correct" then you'd be right.
Now the last step is for us to overthrow the government, scratch anarchy symbols into everything, and listen to repetitive anti-government punk tunes the entire time. All of this without the aid of any real political knowledge. |
|
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
Hey now, they don't ALL jerk each other off, i'm sure the French take in the ass most of the time
|
|
Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.
― Terence McKenna |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 (permalink) | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: there
Posts: 2,305
Internets: -205
|
Quote:
| |
|
~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
|
||
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|