![]() |
|
|
#2 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 985
Internets: 10
|
Well the oppurtunities are endless for us smart people that know things.
I'm not going to tell you where I work or what I do, but let me just say that I have NEVER visited nubblies.net from there. *cough* |
|
get off my internet!!!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 4,220
Internets: 124047
|
Dunhams is a great place to work!!! not much money but its fun and dont tell anyone....but you really dont do to much....
|
|
Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
I'll tell ya a job that is pretty pimp: Marsh Bag-Boy.
It sounds gay, but it's so breezy. You just chill out, bag shit up, and put it in people's cars. Easiest job I've ever had. It will suck if you have a crappy attitude with it, but if you just chill out, talk to the customers, have a good time, and don't be a bastard, it can be a really fun job. -Ugly Bastard |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 (permalink) |
|
Unwanted
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,543
Internets: -885
|
Ya wanna know what is a crappy job, though? Stonehenge golf caddy. I used to get yelled at by old men for ruining their shots when I was doing exactly what I was supposed to do (I had to watch videos to learn how to caddy). My pay was usually based off of my player's abilities that day (usually they sucked so my pay did also). It was an awful job.
Just as a suggestion, could other people post their thoughts on crappy jobs they have had? |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 (permalink) |
|
Another Brick in the Wall
|
Marsh bag-boy... you may be on to something. The problem with all the other places is that you really have to think. You have to know how to make everything, and you HAVE to interact with the customer.
But as a bag-boy, I could just... chill out. Much "thanksism" for the advicements. |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 (permalink) |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 29
Internets: 1933
|
I suggest getting as far away from fast food as you possibly can. Obviously I can't speak for all fast food chains, but working at Hardees is hell.
[ September 18, 2003, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: Wayne ] |
|
I'm the meanest god damned son of a bitch alive.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,100
Internets: 10
|
stonehenge country club as a painter...
i make $9 an hour, get meals cooked by a chef, plus free food and drink from the "halfway house" (a snack shack). Also if you work more than 40 hours a week you are payed 13.75 for every hour of overtime. If you wanna work there let me know. |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 (permalink) |
|
Another Brick in the Wall
|
I'm interested. Painting what, exactly? Is much skill required? How long will this opportunity last?
But man, the whole $9 for spending some time outdoors painting stuff... sounds nice. Very very nice. Yes, one could say I'm quite interested. [ September 18, 2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: rla128 ] |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,100
Internets: 10
|
as of now there is a stone wall that needs to be powerwashed and painted, you'd be working with Mike Whitesell on it. If Niger Angelus doesnt take up the offer than its all yours, as of now i can promise that you and mike will be working on that wall, and if you want to touch up the paint job on the clubhouse some more, you guys could do that also if you wanted, either way the job would probably end by mid October.
As for next summer, bert, his brother, mike, and myself will be coming back to work on various projects, and if there is enough of them we could probably use your help, it just depends if our boss wants to hire someone else to help us out for that. Either way, if you're still looking for a job next summer look me up and let me know ill see what i can do. |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 (permalink) |
|
Bokononist
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,595
Internets: 11801
|
Bagging groceries gets boring sometimes, but like UB said. If you try to make it fun, it's not too bad. That's what I do, at the old Owen's. Pop in some weekend and I'll give you a sucker.
|
|
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#21 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 116
Internets: 10
|
Bagging groceries has to be the worst job of my life. I dreaded every day at Owen's supermarket. But it's a good place if you like to see hillbillies get busted for trying to steal cigarettes.
If you want a great summer job, DePuy is your place. The only catch is that your parents have to work at DePuy in order to get a job there. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|