Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?

Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/index.php)
-   Reviews (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Clyde (http://www.nubblies.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18871)

THEINCREDIBLEdork 03-07-2017 03:54 PM

Clyde
 
I interacted with Clyde yesterday. Please write a description of Clyde (who is he, what is his personality, etc.) and rate him. I'll submit the average.


Orgazmo 03-07-2017 05:32 PM

Clyde:

Pros:
Helpful
Solid English given his home country
Polite

Cons:
Persistence in keeping you a customer

===

I give Clyde a 4/5. I'd generally be happy receiving help from Clyde for any of my future needs.

Dent 03-07-2017 08:22 PM

You fucked up the pink on the last but one pic
I don't think he took the indefinite pause seriously enough, tossing and turning checking your mail wondering how close to 4 months? noty
reminder is not good enough 0/5 unless he wished your day to be great as well then 2/5

Orgazmo 03-07-2017 10:43 PM

Tell me about naturebox.

Dent 03-08-2017 10:33 AM

Bro you can't box nature

Orgazmo 03-08-2017 12:23 PM

Maybe that's why he canceled?

Saint DH 03-09-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orgazmo (Post 440199)
Tell me about naturebox.

What's with this trend of companies with this "receive x in box once a month" business model?

Fucking millennials are so gay.

Orgazmo 03-09-2017 04:06 PM

Ya, it's definitely a little weird.

That said, Marlin and I use Blue Apron for 3 dinners/week more weeks than not. It actually ends up being cheaper than going to the grocery store + more convenient. And most of the meals are pretty good.

ninjaface 03-10-2017 10:20 AM

Blue Apron? I think they need to change their name to Food Box if they want to be taken seriously.

Saint DH 03-10-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orgazmo (Post 440203)
Ya, it's definitely a little weird.

That said, Marlin and I use Blue Apron for 3 dinners/week more weeks than not. It actually ends up being cheaper than going to the grocery store + more convenient. And most of the meals are pretty good.

Have you tried Peapod? Their produce is exceptionally fresh and the price isn't too bad. I find their meat to be lower quality however.

Orgazmo 03-10-2017 11:50 AM

Nope, have not tried Peapod. That's just grocery delivery, right? Do they source their own stuff or pick up from around here? Assuming the former based on your description.

We've insta-carted a few times (especially when sick), but that's just paying some dude to shop at Kroger for you and deliver it. Sorta like Doordash for groceries.

Saint DH 03-10-2017 04:08 PM

Yeah it's just grocery delivery, but it comes from their warehouse. Seems to be a lot of the same shit you find at a store. The fruits and veggies are just so much fresher. It must have something to do with their distribution being better/faster. Idk.

THEINCREDIBLEdork 03-11-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orgazmo (Post 440203)
Ya, it's definitely a little weird.

That said, Marlin and I use Blue Apron for 3 dinners/week more weeks than not. It actually ends up being cheaper than going to the grocery store + more convenient. And most of the meals are pretty good.

Marlin?

"3 dinners/week more weeks than not."
If you have a subscription for 3 a week What do you do with the dinners you don't eat or skip? I'm assuming it doesn't work like that?

Orgazmo 03-11-2017 10:21 PM

Marn is Rachel.

So Blue Apron, in our plan, will handle a nice meal for 2 adults 3x/week. The alternate days we'll either go to the grocery store or, more often, go out to eat.

It also allows you to skip a week whenever you please, though. They publish their "menu" a month or so in advance. As long as you give them a week's notice, canceling the incoming week is no issue. You don't pay and they simply skip you that week.

I have a feeling we'll be doing that much more often during the summer. But, during the winter, Blue Apron has been a delight.

Cost is $60/box. Again, that's 3 meals for 2 people, so ~$10/person/meal. There are zero leftovers, but it's fun eating things I never would have otherwise.

THEINCREDIBLEdork 03-12-2017 01:27 AM

I see, I imagined they sent a box each day but it sounds like they send one per week for how many meals you order. I imagined rotting food on my doorstep. Is it frozen?

I may give it a try.

Orgazmo 03-12-2017 11:01 AM

Yep, one per week. And I think the only option is 3 meals/week (either for 2 or 4 people). And yep, it comes in a box, but in the box is a thermal bag with a couple of ice packs. Non-perishables are on top with the meat sandwiched [pun intended] between the ice packs. We've had it on the front step until early evening before without any issue--meat still quite cold.

They always have deals going on for new users to get their first week for half off. I'd recommend waiting for a week that looks delicious to you and giving it a shot.

Dent 03-12-2017 07:16 PM

Omg boring

Orgazmo 03-12-2017 08:23 PM

Dent, are you an adult yet? Once you are, you'll realize that this is the shit that tickles the fancy bone.

Dent 03-12-2017 09:52 PM

m8 i'm fukin full size

Dent 03-12-2017 09:56 PM

BOOORING

Dent 03-12-2017 10:14 PM

Is an adult a wounded child?!?

Orgazmo 03-12-2017 11:25 PM

Sorta

THEINCREDIBLEdork 03-13-2017 11:46 PM

Remember when Dent posted that selfie of himself with only a towel covering his dick? And then took it down. My greatest regret in life was not thinking to save that picture.

Dent 03-14-2017 11:51 AM

dawn of war 3 is cumin out

Orgazmo 03-14-2017 01:05 PM

I think I have that Dent pic saved on my old computer.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright © 2002-∞ - Nubblies.net