![]() |
|
|
#26 (permalink) |
|
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,704
Internets: 55974
|
Yeah completely owning me, simply because he did a google search of head to head record it must make him God. You can ask anybody who has played or followed the sport and see what their opinion is on how close of a competitor Nadal is to Federer.
While you're at it why don't you ask them why somebody might completely delete anything pertaining to themself on the internet, almost to try and cover up who they are. That might be a good question to ask as well. |
|
There's life and then there is Cubs baseball, it's a chore to seperate the two.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
Sounds like somebody is cranky and needs a nap.
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#28 (permalink) | |
|
Poor Sport
|
Quote:
Yes I know how different clay and hardcourt are, I've played on both and am friends with most of the UIndy tennis team, but tennis played on clay is still tennis. you aren't saying that Federer is the most dominant hardcourt player ever, you are saying he is the most dominant tennis player ever, which he is....but clay still counts. All I am saying is that Federer has somebody that beats him when they go head to head, Woods does not. It's not like there is one particular guy that gives Tiger hell on links type courses while sucking on more modern type courses. Overall record, tournament, and greatness-wise I would still give it to Woods, but I can see the argument for Federer too.\ It's possible to say Federer would be more dominant if not for Nadal without saying Federer is not dominant, so stop getting all butt-hurt. I don't know if you're pissed cus you think I am saying Nadal is better, but I am not saying that. | |
|
Last edited by Beebs; 10-03-2006 at 08:18 PM. |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#30 (permalink) |
|
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,704
Internets: 55974
|
No no not pissed and I see your arguement, I am just saying that despite the head to head record I do not even see Nadal as somebody who is even a dent in Federer's armor because he has never beaten Federer in any major other than the french. I guess from my standpoint the french open is the least followed major among the tennis community simply because 90% of the time the top players in the world aren't even making the Quarter Finals. Nadal will go down as the best clay court player in the history of tennis IMO and Federer still tests him on clay which is even more of a testament to Federer. If Federer were to retire right now I don't believe he would go down as the best tennis player in history but 4 or 5 years from now without a doubt, I believe he is only 25. He will break Borg's record of consecutive Wimbeldons and eventually Sampras record of all-time majors. I guess its just to hard to compare Woods and Federer's dominance of their particular sports.
|
|
There's life and then there is Cubs baseball, it's a chore to seperate the two.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#32 (permalink) | |
|
Unwanted
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,543
Internets: -885
|
Quote:
| |
|
|
|
|
|
#33 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
I watched nearly every game of the World Cup this summer, soccer is a fun sport, but just because everybody around you isn't doing something doesn't mean you are more intelligent or cultured for doing it.
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 4,220
Internets: 124047
|
SOCCER>>>COME ON!!!! Ill be honest..i watched 3 World Cup games....the Games the USA was in...I could care less about grown men kicking a small ball into a big goal........What skill is that....Lets be real.....Soccer is a sport for people that settle for mediocracy....0-0 tie is okay ..... Soccer sucks...... PERIOD
|
|
Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#36 (permalink) |
|
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,704
Internets: 55974
|
The world cup is an amazing spectacle to me something I hope to attend before I die. The sheer passion of the crowd in every game is pretty amazing. Other than the world cup though it has to be one of if not the most boring sport on the planet to watch.
|
|
There's life and then there is Cubs baseball, it's a chore to seperate the two.
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| 200,000 fans can't be wrong | f3lix | News | 15 | 06-23-2006 01:55 PM |
| 2003 Sports Year in Review | buckeye | Sports | 2 | 12-29-2003 04:12 AM |
| By The Way | Ugly Bastard | Reviews | 23 | 01-22-2003 01:00 AM |