![]() |
|
|
#351 (permalink) |
|
COME ON YOU YANKS
|
Blonde has to be trolling here. If he legitimately doesn't understand the complaints against him in this case, he's too far gone to even consider rehabilitation.
I mean, AP just called him out for being wrong. In his "fuck you" reply, Blonde cites hating that AP doesn't call out people around him for being wrong. Of course, the obvious difference is that the vast majority of "wrong" (religious) people in Texas keep their opinions to themselves rather than shoving it down the throats of all passers by. |
|
|
|
|
|
#352 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 4,220
Internets: 124047
|
Blonde will now get on here and talk about how he isn't going to post anymore. blah blah blah. Then he will troll and wait for people to talk about him, only to fuel is fire for non stop attention.
|
|
Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#358 (permalink) |
|
Gangnam Style
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DH's Massage Parlor
Posts: 6,383
Internets: 213510
|
Blonde, I'm as much of an atheist as you. But as others have pointed out, you give atheism a very bad rap when you are so forceful about it. Trying to argue logic and facts with somebody who believes in fairy tales actually makes YOU look stupid. Using simple lines like "You're an adult and have an imaginary friend" is far more affective.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#359 (permalink) | |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
Quote:
You may disagree with my methods, but at least I'm making a solid effort. You are effectively cutting off all constructive (and usually fun) discussion from the very beginning. For someone who I know takes an interest in debate and logical fallacies, i'm surprised to hear this kind of thing coming from you. Very amateur. | |
|
|
|
|
|
#360 (permalink) |
|
Gangnam Style
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DH's Massage Parlor
Posts: 6,383
Internets: 213510
|
Blonde, the pro-religion opponents in debates are mentally handicapped and it's just not worth the effort. Same thing with politics. It's a waste of time to argue, though most people fall for it constantly (including me.) To show you this, I'm not going to argue with you anymore about it, since you are more concerned about insulting me than actually arguing your case.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#361 (permalink) |
|
Hide your nieces.
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 293
Internets: 7656
|
I actually think the bigger issue is dropping "Fuck", etc., on someone's Facebook wall. UB hinted to the fact that he is "friends" with his 13 year old niece, and it's possible he doesn't want to expose her to foul language. Which is justifiable btw Blonde. Or it's possible that UB doesn't want his Facebook wall to portray him negatively in the eyes of employers, parents, friends' parents, whatever. What's lost is that, paradoxically, however public it may be, Facebook and every other form of social media are an extension of the user and thus should be treated as a form of (semi)private property. To me, writing something profane on someone's Facebook wall is almost the equivalent of vandalizing someone's front yard. Yea the social media user can delete whatever was posted, but in reality dozens, hundreds, thousands (in Blonde's case) of people might see what was posted before it's removed.
What would be wrong with leaving out a few curse words? Honestly, "Shut up Jeffrey, St. Patrick was a zealot" probably wouldn't have elicited as much rebuke. |
|
|
|
|
|
#363 (permalink) |
|
Hide your nieces.
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 293
Internets: 7656
|
To be clear, I'm not arguing on behalf of censorship. Censoring one's self, though, should go without saying IMO. Post responsibly; you don't know if the person whose wall you're posting obscenities on is interviewing for jobs, works somewhere that screens their employees' social media, etc.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#366 (permalink) | ||||
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
Disclaimer: I came across these posts this morning (I didn't see them before) and got a bit tilted, but decided to give it the better part of the day to make sure it wasn't just Blonde Rage Mode Argument Time acting up. I dwelled up on it, and too much just didn't add up, so here we go:
Quote:
Quote:
- F3lix apparently regularly retorts with "yeah, well stop believing in fairy tales lol" as his standard response to religious ferver. While I believe as much as the next guy that these are, in fact, a form of fairy tale or mythology, bringing it up in this form is the most intellectually weak form of debating religion (the shrug off, where you aren't actually engaging anyone but instead condescending and insulting them by insinuating they have the minds of children, rather than attempt to actually provide evidence against their case. That's why I called the sentiment retarded, and you amateur. - F3lix then goes on to say: Quote:
Shrugging aside the hypocritical "omg you're insulting me so i'm stopping this conversation" statement, I understand to a degree how arguing for religion and politics can be seen as "unimportant" for small lay-persons like ourselves, but at it's core debate and argument exists to change minds and help expose people to truth rather than shallow emotional half-truths or lies. I disagree 100% that it's not worth the effort, and if it weren't for people much more capable than myself arguing politics and religion we would be in a much less intelligent and oppressed world. On a separate note, is this: Quote:
@SinisterKid, I respectfully disagree. While I do think in actual (and I don't know how many times I have to tell you guys I was just trolling with the Saint Patricks post) debates personal insults and swearwords are not only pointless but indicate one has already lost the debate, I certainly to not equivocate swearing on somebody's Facebook wall as the same as damaging someone's private property. That line of thought is dangerously treading on freedom of speech. At best, it compares to me drunkenly yelling "FUCK!" really loudly at party UB is throwing, which would warrant pretty much the same treatment he used in this thread. UB may be temporarily embarrassed/pissed at me, but anybody who thinks a drunken mischievous party-goer's actions directly reflect on UB as a person is kind of retarded. Especially when they're just fucking around. It fucking amazes me how "foul language" is still even a god damn frowned upon concept in the year 2011. hopefully the predictable "didn't read's" and "shitheap imo" posts don't happen | ||||
|
|
|
|
|
#368 (permalink) |
|
Don't call me Shirley
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Posts: 3,271
Internets: 220249
|
The king of bitching about negreps negrepped me for this, saying "unnecessary." No it's really fucking necessary. Too many threads are devoted to discussing your personality defects.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#369 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
Says you, while bitching about negreps.
I think this "Blonde always bitches about rep" thing is just snowballing from other people parroting it. As I have said, most of my rep-battles stay on the rep-boards, as bringing it to the public's attention rarely does anything, especially when you deserve them (which you did). You didn't contribute to the discussion, and if you truly didn't care, you wouldn't have taken the second to respond to a matter that didn't have anything to do with you anyway. Your comment was unnecessary, kremlin. I'm sorry you're angry I took away some of your imaginary number, but you put yourself in this position. Sometimes I feel like I'm in the motherfucking twilight zone on this board. This whole matter in the first place didn't even start here, and frankly shouldn't have been posted unless someone was bashing someone lame on Facebook. Which I was. So for goodness sake, quit being bitches, guys. EDIT: And in any case, I don't really see the big deal with bringing the situation to the public when you feel you've been unjustly punished/negrepped, honestly. But in my experience the public rarely cares, so it seems moot most of the time. But to bring it to the public while at the same time acting like you're not the same kind of negrep-bitch that you're bitching about in the first place doesn't even make sense. |
|
Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 04-07-2011 at 04:37 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#370 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
tl;dr
Nobody cares. |
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#371 (permalink) |
|
Gangnam Style
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DH's Massage Parlor
Posts: 6,383
Internets: 213510
|
Blonde,
I'm glad you're smart enough to pick up on my backhanded one-line insults. But your vision is cloudy when thinking that showing how great your debating skills are on a topic which cannot be proven (existence of God) is allowing you to endure scores of hours of your life equivalent to banging your head against a wall. Perhaps it's Korea or other things in your life, but you've become far less desirable in social settings on nubblies since taking on the task of trying to prove to every believer in the world that their god does not exist. |
|
|
|
|
|
#372 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
Proof of intention please, more unsupported inferences.
![]() In all honesty, I don't really know why I stick around. All you kids do is rage every time I post an opinion. What's the point of posting opinions if you guys are just going to bitch like little girls about it? |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Behind the Posts: Tonguegina | tonguegina | Rants | 24 | 03-03-2009 07:07 PM |
| 960 Ways To Be The Perfect You! | ninjaface | The Confessional/Advice Line | 2 | 03-22-2008 10:44 PM |
| Growing Out Of Friends | Ugly Bastard | The Arts | 11 | 10-31-2003 06:53 PM |
| Whore Bashing | JohnnyRichter | The Confessional/Advice Line | 1 | 03-08-2002 01:05 PM |