Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > General Chat

Notices

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-18-2003, 07:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 21
Internets: 10
punk_afi is on a distinguished road
Post

i have heard talk of different types of music that people bash on here and other things so i was wondering what type of music you like.
i like punk mostly and then i also like hardcore.

i was also told to ask some people what they think of ingsoc. i like them and think they are going to do pretty good around here but i am interested in seeing what you guys think so lets see your input on this.
punk_afi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2003, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Another Brick in the Wall
 

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Warsaw, IN
Posts: 392
Internets: 10
rla128 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to rla128 Send a message via AIM to rla128 Send a message via MSN to rla128 Send a message via Yahoo to rla128
Default

Personally, I think all punk sounds pretty much the same, and for the most part I hate it.
rla128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2003, 08:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Warsaw, IN
Posts: 56
Internets: 10
goatfucker is on a distinguished road
Default

who the fuck gives a fuck about ingsoc! they fucking suck and R.L.'s a fucking faggot!

Don't be a cunt-biscuit...

[This message has been edited by Orgazmo (edited April 18, 2003).]
goatfucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2003, 09:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,063
Internets: 10
Combat Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default

Wow. Let me get in here and say that...first off, this should pretty much be in the Reviews or Rants or...I don't know, somewhere else but here. I know that it says General Chat, but this is more of a specific topic....like we've had before.

Anyway, this isn't a bad topic at all, so I'll reply in good taste.

I'm really into music that expresses a passion and creativity that lasts for more than one album.

That's why Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, U2, Foo Fighters and such, will always be on the top of my favorite band list.

Doesn't mean that mainstream rock is all that I'm into. One of my biggest loves in music is less mainstream stuff. I'm basically all over the board when it comes to music that I'm into. Techno, acoustic, some pop, some rap, blues, bluegrass....some country (but not really).

Punk though. Well, I like punk, but I think that I have to be in the mood. I can't just pop out a punk album at any time of any day and listen to the whole thing. It just gets too....repetetive. I just need alot more variety, and punk doesn't represent variety. Seriously, put The Ataris and New Found Glory together....they're basically the same thing.

I really can't say much else, but at least I gave more insight than goatfucker here.
Combat Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2003, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Warsaw, IN
Posts: 56
Internets: 10
goatfucker is on a distinguished road
Default

fuck you combat chuck
you think you're the fucking shit and you know everything about music
fuck you
goatfucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2003, 10:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Warsaw, IN, USA
Posts: 41
Internets: 10
MeNAcE is on a distinguished road
Default

Rock, Hard Rock, Progressive Rock, Metal, Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Thrash/Speed Metal, Doom Metal, Black Metal, Drum and Bass, and a little techno.

Punk is a bunch of horse shit, they have no MUSICAL talent whatsoever.
The only thing talented that i have heard a punk band do is play a rock beat really really fast.

[This message has been edited by MeNAcE (edited April 18, 2003).]
MeNAcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2003, 12:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
We still believe.
 
Niger Angelus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,697
Internets: 216
Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Niger Angelus
Default

Emo, Emocore, Hardcore, Punkcore, Rock, Hardrock, *Rapcore, *Rap.


That is about the jist of it all.
Ingsoc sucks balls, their set was horrible. The battle of the bands sucked balls.

*Maybe two songs a year at the most.
Niger Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2003, 01:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: warsaw, indiana, USA
Posts: 137
Internets: 10
gbc is on a distinguished road
Default

I personaly can listen to just about anything. The only thing I don't like is new rap. The old school shit was good. I also don't like much eightys. They suck ass. Punk and Emocore is my main thing.
gbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2003, 02:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Winona Lake,Indiana,United States
Posts: 204
Internets: 10
Arsenic is on a distinguished road
Default

gbc took the words right out of my mouth. Well said, I have to add one more thing though. I can't stand fucking pop music. Drives me insane.
Arsenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2003, 02:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
50 Cent
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Fuck punk it sucks dick. Fuck you too goatfucker you fucking bitch. Suck a dick.

I like rap, but I'm getting a little sick of it, well eminem is about all i like right now.

it seems like i basically hate all music.
  Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2003, 05:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,698
Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

Default

Funnily enough 50, I was going to say I like about all music.

Anyway, it would be a lot easier if you went ahead and threw out some genres that you think I wouldn't like, chances are I at least like a few songs from that genre.

As far as what I prefer... well... let's turn to my iTunes list for help with that...

Hmmm... looks like:
40% Rock
40% Electronic
20% Other

Sounds good!
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2003, 05:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Warsaw, IN, USA
Posts: 41
Internets: 10
MeNAcE is on a distinguished road
Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Titan:
...let's turn to my iTunes list for help with that...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

mmmmm.... apple.
MeNAcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2003, 06:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
We still believe.
 
Niger Angelus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,697
Internets: 216
Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Niger Angelus
Default

Yeah, I think my body rejects apples. They make me choke upon contact. I usually break into great frustration also. Then I go home and kiss my vaio.
Niger Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2003, 06:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Orgazmo
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>kiss my vaio<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Vaio appreciated that statement, as did it's owner['s son].
  Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2003, 08:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
We still believe.
 
Niger Angelus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,697
Internets: 216
Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Niger Angelus
Default

Well I am happy I could make your Vaio happy. I love those little guys.
Niger Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2003, 09:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,147
Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I hate Sony so much right now.

My PS2 has basically broke, and I hope Sony goes bankrupt and the CEO is murdered.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2003, 09:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,063
Internets: 10
Combat Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default

Wow. You just hear? Sony just dodged a complete bankruptcy after their CEO narrowly escaped a murder attempt.

Plans are that they will continue yoinking money from your wallet and rolling around in it, then proceeding to hold it in front of a drooling yapping Lars Ulrich, who happens to still have the stick up his ass that they stuck there when he sold them his eternal soul. His bandmates can also be seen auctioning off their own feces to raise money for the 'Support Conglomerations!' fund.

Well, at least they don't control me. Sony can kiss my ass.

Excuse me while I go listen to myself bang on a drum to appease my music needs.

[This message has been edited by Combat Chuck (edited April 19, 2003).]
Combat Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2003, 11:37 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,698
Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

Default

Chuck, that was absolutely beautiful.
Thank you for that.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2003, 01:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 985
Internets: 10
victim is on a distinguished road
Default

Amen, brother Chuck...

Titan, have you heard the rumors that Apple might be planning to buy Universal Music Group? If anybody could fix the damn recording industry, it'd be Apple.

[This message has been edited by victim (edited April 20, 2003).]
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2003, 03:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,063
Internets: 10
Combat Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default

Hey, bashing major corporations hidden behind a flimsy moniker is what I do best.

As for Apple's plans....this is interesting news indeed. Would anyone like to explore the negative or positive ramifications that would come from Apple making this move?
Combat Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2003, 06:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,698
Internets: 10
Titan is on a distinguished road

Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Combat Chuck:
As for Apple's plans....this is interesting news indeed. Would anyone like to explore the negative or positive ramifications that would come from Apple making this move?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Positive #1: If given the oppurtunity, up&coming bands would not have to feel guilty for turning down companies like Sony who would rip there assholes apart, because they would have the option of turning to Apple who would potentially not assfuck them...
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2003, 09:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,147
Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute
Default

That is fucking crazy Chuck, I had absolutely no clue that that had happened when I posted that message. Wow.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2003, 12:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Thrice_underground's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Warsaw, IN, USA
Posts: 95
Internets: 10
Thrice_underground is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Thrice_underground Send a message via AIM to Thrice_underground
Default

i like hardcore, emocore, punk, punkcore, some emo, some rock, i dont normally like mainstream i go more for the underground scene but then its anyoing when those bands go mainstream like the used, AFI, Thursday, Finch looks like there going that way. and well yeah I dont think there sell outs, but i liked them better as underground bands
more stricly liked only in the music crowds

just a ? what popular bands do you think are sell outs?

Thrice_underground is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2003, 06:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: a house
Posts: 664
Internets: 10
fat_retard is on a distinguished road
Default

limp bizkit are the biggest sellouts ever.
fat_retard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2003, 11:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: warsaw
Posts: 174
Internets: 10
getupkids is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to getupkids
Default

hmmm good charlotte by FAR... their stuff used to be soo good..and now they sound like the backstreet boys met limp bizkit.aww how cute
getupkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright © 2002-∞ - Nubblies.net