![]() |
|
|
#528 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
I wonder if this was at all staged. That's my problem with Obama: he's so plastic. Everything he does seems like it was rehearsed and after being approved by focus groups. I can't tell where the populist politician ends and the real man begins. And yes, I realize all politicians are like this to a large extent, but Obama moreso than others seems to never drift off script.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#531 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
Have to agree with Repug on this one. It could be really, really elaborate, of course, but things like his difficulty giving up smoking, for example, make him seam very real.
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#532 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,147
Internets: 284753
|
That's really your only problem with Obama? I'd have to say that's relatively low on the list of my complaints.
Romney is a great man. His accomplishments are truly incredible. I would like to see him win the Republican nomination. |
|
|
|
|
|
#533 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
Political positions of Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I can't decide if having a Mormon president would be good because it's one step closer to having an atheist president, or if it's bad because it's several times more retarded than Christianity. |
|
|
|
|
|
#536 (permalink) | |
|
*Dislikes ham
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: HELL 666
Posts: 1,518
Internets: 60790
|
Quote:
| |
|
Putting the sensual in non-consensual.
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#538 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,147
Internets: 284753
|
Yeah, he has some kind of universal health care plan that he signed into force in Massachusetts. Nevertheless, he did this while he also eliminated a $3 billion budget deficit in the state.
He has a history of discipline and success. He was elected CEO of a company in financial crisis and within about a year he had turned the company into a profitable one. He founded a private equity firm that would later become one of the largest and most profitable of such firms in the nation. He organized the 2002 Winter Olympic Games, and turned the struggling games into a financial success. If I'm not mistaken, that was one of the last profitable Olympic Games in recent history. Last but certainly not least, he was elected governor of Massachusetts, the most liberal state in the nation, as a Republican, and he's been successful there. |
|
|
|
|
|
#539 (permalink) | |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
Quote:
Suffice it to say, I said I find Mormonism to be more retarded than Christianity , not "other religions". I also never said they were more atheist. They simply aren't Christian. "Almost all of the presidents can be characterized as Christian, at least by formal membership. Some were Unitarian or unaffiliated with a specific religious body. Some are thought to have been deists, or irreligious. No president thus far has been an Atheist, a Jew, a Buddhist, a Muslim, a Hindu, a Sikh or an adherent of any other specifically non-Christian religion." | |
|
|
|
|
|
#540 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
Mormons aren't Christians?
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#541 (permalink) | |
|
Almost there...
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,979
Internets: 164547
|
Quote:
Don't be such a fucking tool. | |
|
|
|
|
|
#543 (permalink) | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,147
Internets: 284753
|
Quote:
Romney may have some democratic policies, but his political rhetoric is that of conservatism. That's why he runs on the fucking Republican ticket. That's why he eliminated $3 billion of government spending in Massachusetts. Typical liberal fag. I state facts and you give me subjective bullshit in return. I bet the man is far more honorable than you'll ever be. Every Mormon I've ever known holds themselves to a very strict moral code. | |
|
|
|
|
|
#545 (permalink) | |
|
Almost there...
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,979
Internets: 164547
|
Quote:
LOL! Having a rich family doesn't make you capable of turning a financial crisis around - them sending you to Harvard business school probably helps, though. Again, not taking away from his abilities, just trying to balance your hero worship. The country went into the financial crisis during Bush's presidency. Obama didn't do enough to combat it, but I do believe he helped us avoid a depression. As of now, the private sector has added millions of jobs while the public sector has shed hundreds of thousands - even so, unemployment is down to 8.7%, which, while not great, is an improvement; we're going in the right direction. It's unfortunate that the loyal opposition doesn't ever acknowledge that while yes, this is a problem of the American economy, it's also a world economy issue; globalization is here, and economies the world over are not intertwined. As far as the national debt is concerned, Obama's plans to cut trillions from it are far more ambitious than the Republican's (who are just out to obstruct at this point in the hope of getting their nominee elected). This is funny: "Romney may have some democratic policies, but his political rhetoric is that of conservatism." Yeah, you're right - he has (had) democratic policies, but his rhetoric is conservative. Funny how that works, huh? That's pretty much the reason the right wing doesn't want the guy; his rhetoric doesn't match his record. Anyone but Romney, amirite?! Don't overgeneralize, jackass. While I hold many liberal positions I'm not what I can only imagine is your hyperbolic, stereotypical liberal nightmare. It's people like you who are so hyper-partisan that drown out moderate voices on both sides. | |
|
|
|
|
|
#546 (permalink) |
|
*Dislikes ham
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: HELL 666
Posts: 1,518
Internets: 60790
|
I was part of the LDS church until I was about 14. I've know a lot of Mormons in my life and in my experience, for what ever that's worth, the strict moral code that they live by is completely superficial. For example Utah is #1 in online porn subscriptions.
|
|
Putting the sensual in non-consensual.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#548 (permalink) |
|
Ahoy Fuckbag
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a pineapple under the sea
Posts: 3,540
Internets: 187030
|
Obama isn't doing shit because he can't. Checks and balances are ACTUALLY BEING USED by the Republican party to skullfuck his presidency into oblivion. At this point, Obama could propose a bill that said "Jesus was a nice man" and the Republicans would oppose it citing his liberal agenda.
|
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#550 (permalink) |
|
Ahoy Fuckbag
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a pineapple under the sea
Posts: 3,540
Internets: 187030
|
|
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| The 2008 Presidential Election | Ugly Bastard | General Chat | 23 | 12-19-2006 10:27 PM |
| So This Rolling Stone Article Says Bush Rigged 2004 Election | Ugly Bastard | General Chat | 3 | 06-13-2006 07:49 PM |
| One last thing about the presidential election | f3lix | News | 0 | 11-15-2004 09:31 PM |