![]() |
|
|
#26 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
Another post where anything I say won't come close to reflecting or doing justice to the IRL experience, but a couple of thoughts:
I wish I had gotten out here to see Blonde earlier. He's good at what he does. But with that said "what he does" is a pretty... shall we say challenging lifestyle? Didn't realize that for all intents and purposes he's been living in L.A. Lite this whole time. Kudos to Blonde 'cause I don't know how he can deal with it all the time. I'm just not exposed to this kind of stuff living in Houston. Blonde's been living in the real deal out here for two years and I didn't even really get that. And although it's the "real deal", he's mastered it with a good bit of grace and ease. My respect for him has gone up a lot, and in a way, I think he can understand where I'm coming from too when I am bearish or critical of "the scene": he came out here, mastered the game, and is now actually leaving because it was ultimately unsatisfying to him. This place doesn't deserve Blonde and I wish him nothing but a king's helping from here moving forward; he deserves it. |
|
|
|
|
|
#27 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
i fully agree with UB. Shit is extremely unsatisfying out here. BUT its not that hard. You take charge, grab a chick and tell her you're intersted and its game fucking on. I did this in a matter of a minute to tell him along with his poker buddies, to just take shit by the reigns and do it. Then showed that its not hard.
Blonde was on a "farewell adventure" tonight and we bounced from club to club, the majority of you could never fucking pay me to go to again. But Axis/Radius and Myst were legitemately good times. Sorry UB that we all got seperated and was not the same as two nights ago, but we still had a decent time. ******DUBS ON BLONDES COMPUTER***** |
|
|
|
|
|
#29 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
I'll try.
What makes it seem "challenging" (there's probably a better word for it) from my perspective is that the whole thing is basically a giant bubble or mirage. Many (not all) of these people have invested everything they have into chasing something that doesn't even exist! A lot of the guys seem to not have much going for them in life besides their ability to look and talk pretty. This is the same case for the girls, though they certainly can get away with it much more. The guys, however, have lives that aren't balanced. Sure, some of them were born with a silver spoon in their mouths, so they have family connections that have led to nice paying jobs. But I would assume that most guys on "the scene" haven't been so lucky. Many of them don't make that much money and therefore feel very incomplete in that area of their life. They've spent so much time concerned on their appearance and fashion that other areas of their life have been un-nurtured. The girls, of course, have such horribly high expectations that they've priced themselves out of the market. I think it will take them a long time to adjust to market conditions and realize that the guys they're looking for aren't actually out there. They all think they deserve that perfect guy, and frankly it's just a little unrealistic. Sure, they're completely gorgeous, but the price tag they've placed on themselves is something only a few guys can afford (especially now!) The guys are most certainly trying though, and they're trying in the right ways. They've completely over-leveraged themselves on their apperance, which is smart, since it will be the first thing they are judged by. But beyond that, it seems like they don't have a whole lot more to offer in the big picture. I dunno maybe I'm wrong about this, but my sense is that the whole "scene" is people chasing stuff that isn't even there and therefore a lot of people who are empty and unsatisfied in life. I think it will take a while for the bubble to pop (since the "meat" market is much less efficient than, say, the stock market), but the bubble will pop. Eventually people will realize the gig is up. I had some girl last night talk to me about how she's a wardrobe consultant and that her boyfriend is about to open up a motorcycle customization shop (like OC Choppers). I couldn't even believe what I was hearing. Does she know what's going on in the world?! I think Blonde is getting out at the perfect time. Kudos to him for coming out here and giving it a go and throwing in the towel before the game took more from him than it had to. |
|
|
|
|
|
#30 (permalink) | |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
Thanks dude. I agree with you; being gorgeous isn't everything, but these girls seem to think it is. Since living out here i've often got pissed...VERY pissed about all this shit girls get out here for simply being hot (free vegas trips, no lines, free alcohol, big events, etc...it all happens all the time). Not so much that i'm jealous of it, moreso the principle of it is just fucked up. And these girls are hot, but thats
literally the only thing they have going for themselves. I would have liked to hear your convo last night with that girl UB, a wardrobe consultant, really? For WHAT? Its not like there are tons of movie sets out here where that is an actual legit job. There are so many hot bitches with sinecure positions out here its ridiculous. They're only hired because they're hot and they basically get paid to look pretty and pretend like their job is important. I had a conversation about this with one of my girlfriends who lives in LA now after graduating ASU, talking about how much bullshit this game is for girls in their 20s getting all these crazy parties and celebs and free shit thrown at them, and she brought up a good point: Well, most girls only have until about 26 or so until their looks start to fade...and since most women out here are talentless fucks, they're pretty much out trying to find "the one" aka the guy who will let them not do shit their whole lives. Which is also dumb as hell, but it makes a sense in their fucked up heads i'm sure. All these "ones" they're looking for are guys with money in their 30's usually, cause they're the only ones who can afford these dumb bitches lifestyle. Pathetic.Also, Quote:
LOL WAT? You drunk bastard. When Sittinondubs and I were waiting for the valet last night to get us our goddamn car (took about 30 minutes) we fucking OWNED this dumb bitch who started talking shit for no reason. I don't even remember what we were arguing about, but some highlights of that conversation: - Guy who was with them basically jumped on our side immediately and helped bash the dumb fat ugly bitches - When one of them pulled out the "you two are just gay" defense (brilliant, I know) Sittinondubs and I immediately held each other and played out some gay scene. Probably looked pretty gay in hindsight but i'm still quite positive it owned her somehow. - When some fat ugly bitch sitting next to the main one started to talk (and interrupt me) i DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT HER AND JUST POINTED WHILE I STILL WAS LOOKING AT THE OTHER GIRL: Fatty: Well I-- Blonde: "Shut the fuck up, no ones talking to you, anyways back to--" LOL. I was thinking about this while driving just now and about how she just SUNK back to her corner and the guy who was with them just started cracking up laughing at her, holy shit it was hilarious. | |
|
|
|
|
|
#32 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 13,643
Internets: 247330
|
Oh yea protip from Blonde: you see how he looks good in that pic and I don't? It's because apparently you have to really force your facial muscles into a photogenic position. Who knew people were "trying" so hard to look good in pictures?!? Apparently this took lots of practice in front of the mirror. Huh...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 (permalink) | |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
Quote:
| |
|
|
|
|
|
#35 (permalink) |
|
I make bad decisions.
|
LOL, I think what I was trying to get at in the above post was that overall, I find the whole "scene" unsatisfying. UB's post says my thoughts probably a lot better than I could write out. There were tons of gorgeous women everywhere, but 99% of them were worthless whores I couldn't stand to be around. PCL was the epitome of what I hate.
Although, I would kill to be able to live in the Phoenix area. |
|
Last edited by SittinOnDubsWGW; 02-22-2009 at 02:45 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 4,220
Internets: 124047
|
Blonde is so West Coast Club guy! He love to play a different card on here, but it's pretty obvious. I'm not saying this in haste, but more of jealousy.
|
|
Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#39 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
Shaw:
I worked in nightclubs in Phoenix for a year and a half before deciding I hated it and quit. I just moved out of Arizona and am going to South Korea for a year to teach. I don't think I'm a west coast club guy. |
|
|
|
|
|
#40 (permalink) |
|
Spice Master
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 17,969
Internets: 284106
|
Heres your album, since the Nubblies album uploader blows cock.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0700324&ref=mf Facebook blows cock as well though, as they're not in order. Fuckit. EDIT: Match the scenes to the pictures: *UB and his poker buddies *UB pulling on some ugly bitches hair--a LOT. *Blonde getting arrested *Sittinon Dancing *Sittinon Trying to fuck every piece of ass he sees *Douchey street preacher |
|
Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 02-28-2009 at 02:24 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#41 (permalink) | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 4,220
Internets: 124047
|
Quote:
I know the story. You just have that look. It's not a bad look. It's kind of a look that I wish I had is all. Granite, I go to a bar and just look for the ugliest chick in the joint. Facial Hair Febuary has done you wonders. I kid I kid. | |
|
Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#42 (permalink) |
|
I make bad decisions.
|
LOL @ granite. Again.
Also, somewhat funny explanation of me trying to fuck everything, I don't think I went into "trying to pickup chicks" mode until the end of the night as we were all over the damn place. So it was just a numbers game on the dance floor for the last 30-45 mins, IIRC. Looking back, I was a lot more trashed than I thought I was, and really shouldn't have driven us back. Although, this is totally standard behavior. |
|
|
|
|
|
#44 (permalink) | |
|
Emperor Meow
|
Quote:
1. Using winrar create a .zip file of the folder of your pictures 2. upload .zip file to nubblies via attachment | |
|
#YOLO
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#48 (permalink) |
|
I make bad decisions.
|
hahaahaha. On behalf of Shaw, I understand where he got that, as I remember "grant it" used many many times amongst the guys I worked with at the construction company throughout HS/College.
However, they were uneducated morons. Also, shaw's postings are the only time I've ever scene granite being used in any other way than referring to stone. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|