Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Sports

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #51 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Miami is winning the finals. Agree with AP about them having no one outside of big three, but Bosh is way better than KVH, that's just mean. And D. Rose is way better than Iverson ever was even at his prime, again just mean. Miami smart for putting Lebron on Rose. Lebron is so ridiculous. He can play or guard any position 1-4. He is the greatest basketball player ever. Better than Jordan. His versatility and talent on both sides of the ball is just obscene. Miami might win 10 championships. They will only get better for next 5-7 years and they're already tough to stop. Remember, Lebron was four wins from a championship by his damn self a few years back. Now with a few players around him he will never lose. You might think my Lebron > MJ claim is preposterous right now, but see what you think in ~2015.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #52 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

10 Championships? I was taking your opinion seriously until that.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #53 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard View Post
Miami is winning the finals. Agree with AP about them having no one outside of big three, but Bosh is way better than KVH, that's just mean. And D. Rose is way better than Iverson ever was even at his prime, again just mean. Miami smart for putting Lebron on Rose. Lebron is so ridiculous. He can play or guard any position 1-4. He is the greatest basketball player ever. Better than Jordan. His versatility and talent on both sides of the ball is just obscene. Miami might win 10 championships. They will only get better for next 5-7 years and they're already tough to stop. Remember, Lebron was four wins from a championship by his damn self a few years back. Now with a few players around him he will never lose. You might think my Lebron > MJ claim is preposterous right now, but see what you think in ~2015.

This entire post should be deleted, and you should be banished to a country that has no basketball and only plays soccer. You can't now, nor ever, even compare James to Jordan. His his physically bigger then everyone he plays against. Menatally, I think he is pretty weak. He won't win 10 championships. I don't think he will win a championship this year. It's easy for a guy 6'8" to guard someone 6'3", but let's see how he does with Dirk.

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #54 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to see Dirk guard James with helpside defense. LeBron would take awful shots all night long, just like he was doing in the 4th Q, along with Wade AND Rose. Egocentral in the 4th Q last night.
Unread 05-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #55 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Internets: 194538
angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, if Bosh were white, he'd be an afterthought. He's soft and plays like a Euro. Bosh couldn't carry Toni Kukoc's jock.

Derrick Rose isn't a great player at this point. He reminds me so much of Iverson the way he just jacks up shot after shot. Hitting about thirty something percent. He didn't even think about passing the ball those last two possessions. But then again who's the better option? Bulls definitely need a two guard and a big man in the middle. An upgrade a SF wouldn't hurt either and use Deng as a sixth man.

I'm thinking Miami has this one as well. Dallas doesn't matchup well. OKC will be fine. Westbrook isn't great right now either. Stop him from penetrating and he becomes useless. He has the tools but might be a mental midget. Durant might be the best player in the league soon.
angry pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #56 (permalink)

Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pancake View Post
Nah, if Bosh were white, he'd be an afterthought. He's soft and plays like a Euro. Bosh couldn't carry Toni Kukoc's jock.

Derrick Rose isn't a great player at this point. He reminds me so much of Iverson the way he just jacks up shot after shot. Hitting about thirty something percent. He didn't even think about passing the ball those last two possessions. But then again who's the better option? Bulls definitely need a two guard and a big man in the middle. An upgrade a SF wouldn't hurt either and use Deng as a sixth man.

I'm thinking Miami has this one as well. Dallas doesn't matchup well. OKC will be fine. Westbrook isn't great right now either. Stop him from penetrating and he becomes useless. He has the tools but might be a mental midget. Durant might be the best player in the league soon.

Mental midget!! Love using that term.

Deng was a better option then Rose is at that point. If they are going to settle for an outside shot, I would take Deng any day of the week. Bosh is soft as a pillow. Boozer fouls him hard, and he didn't want any part of the booze. The Bulls aren't going to be able to put it together to win another game in the series and I love it.

I think the Mavs match up great against the Heat. Once again, keep them out of the paint, and you win. What have they done with Durant and Westbrook? Made them shooters. Westbrook is quicker then Wade. Durant is a better shooter then Lebran. I really hope the Mavs win, but I'll wait til it plays out before I make my decision.

Unread 05-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #57 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like Dallas better if they had Butler and Beaubois. Wade won't melt down like Westbrook. Marion can't guard LBJ. He'll foul out in the second quarter. It'll take something like Terry going nuts and getting something substantial from someone unexpected. Like Barea in the Laker series. Also Miami has home court. They're really good at home.
Unread 05-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd like Dallas better if they had Butler and Beaubois. Wade won't melt down like Westbrook. Marion can't guard LBJ. He'll foul out in the second quarter. It'll take something like Terry going nuts and getting something substantial from someone unexpected. Like Barea in the Laker series. Also Miami has home court. They're really good at home.

Wade was a non factor last night til overtime. He is a player that needs his shots to stay in the flow. We he struggles, LBJ takes over and he never gets back. Last night, defense turned to offense for him. That's rare.

I don't know if the Mavs will win, but they match up better then people give them credit for. I'll break down the series from my perspective once it's finalized.

Unread 05-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #59 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

I'll take Deng in my starting line-up anyday. He's a tough mother and plays great D, which every team needs.
Unread 05-25-2011, 10:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

There's a lot of guys I'd take over Deng. But to each their own.
Unread 05-26-2011, 04:41 AM   #61 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Russell Westbrook's shove on Terry. How has this not been discussed yet?
Unread 05-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #62 (permalink)

Probably because it didn't happen when they were talking! Westbrook has no clue what he does to his team. His ego is what is hurting that team. They need a true PG. Westbrook needs to get to a team where they are just trying to put butts in seats. He can fly and is super athletic, but he will never win a championship the way he is acting and playing right now. He plays to big of role for the Thunder, and won't make it through this off season without a new jersey to wear IMO.

Unread 05-31-2011, 06:23 PM   #63 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

The way AP sees it: It might be close like 6 games, but the Heat should prevail.

Each team's best player: LBJ v. Dirk. Through the playoff's it's not even close these are far and away the best players on their respective teams. Their both going to get theirs. I have no idea who guards Dirk for the heat or if it even matters. Stevenson and Marion will guard LBJ, not that it's going to matter. I think this is a push for this series.

Each team's next two best players: Advantage Miami. Wade and Bosh are better than whoever Dallas' next two best players. Marion & Kidd? Kidd & Terry? Chandler & Marion? Fuck I don't know who are Dallas's next two best players are. Huge fucking advantage Miami. At the start of the season, Dallas next two were Butler and Beaubois. I think both are out.

Each teams next 6 best players: Advantage Dallas. Big. Kinda like above, I'm not sure who Miami's next six best players are. Dallas has the advantage in bigs with Chandler and Haywood a lot better than Anthony, Dampier, Ilgaukis. Barea and better than whoever Miami rolls out at the 1.

Coach: Dallas Big. Wasn't Spoetzle supposed to get fired at one point this season?

Defense: Miami is good. But after going back and watching 2006, Haslam on Dirk is a bad idea. Haslam didn't do shit without Shaq coming over for the double team. Dallas is improved, plays the zone better than anybody. But that also means you suck in man to man. Dallas beat Kobe & Durant teams, both are better than LBJ on offense if you ask me. They shut down the others around them. They need to that again to have a chance. Miami is just solid all around.

Intangibles: It was 4 years ago that LBJ got dumped out of the finals. He didn't show up either. If he is the Jordan, then he needs to step it up. If there's ever such a thing as karma, this is it. Do I think Miami will get all of the calls this from the refs, fuck no. Not after they had one of their own go down on fixing who claimed the Heat comeback in 2006 was fixed. Not after a good chunk of people thought the refs gave the Heat a big assist anyway. Also I genuinely think even the refs can't like the way Miami put this together and the way the big three were carrying on in August. Even the refs hate Miami. Miami is not going to be able to play sloppy against Dallas. Dallas might have one of the higher basketball IQs out there. They won't beat themselves unless they start getting 3 pointer and jumpshot happier than normal. Speaking of which. Miami also doesn't have the guy who can hit the out side shot regularly. Somebody is going to need to step up for them. These are also the best two home teams of the playoffs. Last time the team without homecourt advantage won the finals? The Heat in 2006. Then Detroit in 2004. Then the 1998 Bulls. So 3 times out of the last fifteen years. The road team has won it all. That's a 20% chance.

Miami's big 3 + Home Court > Dallas's deeper rotation.
Unread 05-31-2011, 10:46 PM   #64 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

I stand corrected. Miami sweeps
Unread 05-31-2011, 10:47 PM   #65 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Quote:
I stand corrected. Miami sweeps
I'll give you 2-1 for up to $1k.
Unread 05-31-2011, 11:15 PM   #66 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard View Post
I would hardly call Rose "way better" than Iverson ever was, and I really rate Rose. You are being totally hostage to the moment, keeping this team together for 10 years would be a long shot, let alone winning every year. Lebron can do some things that Jordan couldn't, his size makes him a threat in ways Jordan wasn't. On the other hand, Jordan aged better than most athletes, even most great athletes, and it is totally reasonable to not assume Lebron will age as well. When Jordan slowed down a step, he developed a turn around post game better than Lebron has despite being much less physical. Versatility is great, but it's not like Lebron can play 1-4 at once, and no matter which one he is playing, he isn't playing it as well as Jordan was playing 2.

Basically you're looking at them at their best so far, and assuming it will not only get better, which there is no certainty of, but that it will reach their absolute highest potential, which is almost certain to not happen. It could go the other direction and go to shit in a few years.

I'm not a Lebron hater, although I do think he is a bit of a wannabe tough-guy, but Jordan actually accomplished his legacy, Lebron has not yet. I consider "greatest" and "best" to be somewhat different; greatness is more of a long term thing, a place in history based on an entire body of work, best is an at the moment thing, thing x at time specific time y is better than thing a at specific time b for example.

Using that definition, there is no way Lebron is "greater", and I don't think he is "better" right now either, but I think he can flirt with better in the next 2 year period or so.

Overall, you are just being wildly optimistic; 10 titles? Can only get better? Never lose? Things go wrong at times, and projecting out more than 3, really more than 2, is low average stuff.

Lebron is just sick though, but being the second best to Jordan is no insult.

Last edited by Beebs; 05-31-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 11:35 PM   #67 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocktooth View Post
This entire post should be deleted, and you should be banished to a country that has no basketball and only plays soccer. You can't now, nor ever, even compare James to Jordan. His his physically bigger then everyone he plays against. Menatally, I think he is pretty weak. He won't win 10 championships. I don't think he will win a championship this year. It's easy for a guy 6'8" to guard someone 6'3", but let's see how he does with Dirk.
Magic was similar in a size way (Magic may even be the more accurate frame of reference in terms of style), so I wouldn't count that against Lebron in some way. Yes he is bigger, but there are plenty of guys his size who aren't good; he has to remain athletic enough with that size to do what he does.

You can compare him to Jordan, why couldn't you? You may conclude Jordan is better, but it isn't some blasphemy to discuss.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #68 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

I will come clean. I didn't see this coming. But I'll take it.

Last edited by angry pancake; 06-12-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Unread 06-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #69 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

That makes all of us.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2011, 11:56 PM   #70 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

In hindsight:

LBJ is not the best heat player all of the time. He shares that with wade. There was only one ball. If one was taking shots at the end, the other wasn't. They essentially have two guys for the same role. If Miami seriously wants to win multiple titles, either wade or James needs to go. Chris Paul would have been more valuable than either James or wade.

Mavs bench was better than I thought. Quality minutes from Brian Cardinal? Barea a starter? Fucking Carlisle spanked spoelstra. For those not following mavericks before playoffs, Barea was third string pg and a huge defensive liability. He would have been inactive if Beaubois was healthy. He played out of his mind. Stevenson, same thing.

Defense, Miami for some reason couldn't figure out the zone. Props to Dallas for only really going to it for extended periods of time in the 4th quarter.

Didn't see Terry coming on in the last few games. Calling out LBJ seemed to rattle him. Was really surprised at this. Yeah, James couldn't guard him.

Miami loses two of three at home. I really didn't see this coming. But I'm happy.

Last edited by angry pancake; 06-13-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Unread 06-13-2011, 03:16 AM   #71 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Heat -36 with LeBron in during the series and +22 with him on the bench. +/- says it all.
Unread 06-13-2011, 03:25 AM   #72 (permalink)

Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Craziest playoffs ever. I feel live I've gone through a spin cycle in the dryer.
Unread 06-13-2011, 03:44 AM   #73 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

I asked LeBron for a dollar, but he only gave me 75 cents, cuz he didn't have a 4th quarter.
Unread 06-13-2011, 03:45 AM   #74 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Here's LeBron's response to Cleveland laughing at him.

“At the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail – at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had today …

“They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point.”
Unread 06-13-2011, 03:53 AM   #75 (permalink)

LOL Lebron is such a prick. I honestly feel bad for him though, he never even had a shot in hell of adopting a healthy adult outlook with all the fame that was poured upon him at a young age.