Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Sports

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Default Dwight Howard is a bitch, and the NBA Playoffs

I can't stand players like Dwight Howard. Walking up and down the court, only to bitch about getting pushed around a little bit. He gets booted from a game last night, with his team down by 20 and 0-3 in the series. I wouldn't build a leggo house around him, let alone a franchise.

Having said that, this is the 2nd year that I've been pretty intrigued by the NBA playoffs. A ton of story lines, and a few good series' have sparked my interest. With Westbrook going down, I don't really see anyone competing against the Heat for the title. I would love the Spurs to figure out a way to get it done with their old asses, but I don't see it happening.

What side of the drose fence are you on? At what point does a competitor see Noah and all the other guys battling with injuries, and step up? I realize he is the franchise, but you have to want to help out this team when these guys are playing with so much heart. I can't stand Nate Robinson's theatrics, but damnit if he doesn't play hard.

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

I don't question D-Rose as a competitor. If he felt like he could be out there right now I'm sure he would be. I think it's somewhat pointless for the Bulls to risk rushing him out there too soon just to get their butts kicked a little less bad in the second round by the Heat.

As for the Heat, no one will stop them but I would love to see the Pacers give them a good run. I actually have a decent pile of l00t on Indiana making the Finals which would pay off pretty big if they could pull the upset but I'm not delusional. The Heat are one of the most unstoppable teams in history. I'll just be happy if the Pacers and/or the Spurs make them work for it a bit to keep it entertaining.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305563
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

I don't like rose riding the pine while his team battles on. At this point, him stepping in may not make much sense, but he should have tested things out toward the end of the season. Jump in, play a few games, and see how it goes. He's going full speed in practice (and has been for awhile) and is fully medically cleared. It seems to me that this is a mental thing. Jumping in to test it out before every game was make-or-break seems like it would have been a good idea.

Basically, even if he isn't fully comfortable mentally, his body is okay and ready to go. Maybe not 100% skill-wise, but 100% health-wise. So...suck it up and give it a shot. A 90% D. Rose would help out the Bulls more than zero D. Rose imo. But, again, the playoffs may not be the time to really test that out (unless they would be able to get up 3-0 or something).
Orgazmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

I think the Spurs will give Miami a far bigger battle than many are expecting.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Internets: 194538
angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

I've read a few places that Rose has been medically cleared to play for quite some time. And that he practices full speed with the team.

I used to think Rose was a poor man's Allen Iverson. But he's not even that.

EDIT: Dwight Howard is a bitch. I don't want him on the Mavericks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
I will rape your soul in hell forever.
angry pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

Howard has a better skill set than Shaq ever did, but his laziness ruins it all. He's the only elite center in the NBA, but you'd never know.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Not sure if you guys know of places to parlay series lines, but any home team with 3 wins so far should be parlayed together (on winning their series), as home teams in game 7 are 93% winners in that game alone.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lix View Post
Howard has a better skill set than Shaq ever did, but his laziness ruins it all. He's the only elite center in the NBA, but you'd never know.

I don't think you can call him elite anymore. Elite is someone who I want on my team ahead of all others. I'd take a handful of players at the center position before him right now.

1. Brooke Lopez- Guy has proven when he gets the ball facing the basket, he is scoring this series. 19 ft jumpers, bank shots, and even attacking the rim at times. You get no headaches with him, and he will come to play.

2. Jokim Noah- A guy that people don't give enough credit to. He plays hard, rebounds and defends very well, even on one foot. His hustle and possessions he has kept for the Bulls has been huge and is keeping them in games.

Those are the two that have popped in my head during the playoffs. When I get time, I'll try and post some more.

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote