View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #60 (permalink)
DDTempest
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Had lunch at Houlihan's the other day after seeing a movie. This location has a near-impossible record of giving absolute shit service to us, almost to a comic level. The food had always been fucking delicious so we still go there often enough, but I decided to peck out a letter of complaint on the receipt survey. I didn't save it because I wasn't even thinking about it at the time. Basically I said that we've received consistently terrible service at every visit to this location and that the level of caring is evident when the waitress doesn't even look at the credit card's name to hand it back to the customers (girlfriend's name is Alyshia, and they gave her card back to me).

His response:
Quote:
Hi DDTempest;
My name is Rich Levenhagen & I am the General Manager of Houlihan's in the Hamilton Town Center. I wanted to apologize for your visit to our location yesterday, it certainly did not sound like a good one. I understand that when you are out for an enjoyable meal that the last thing you should have to be concerned about is the level of service you are receiving. In our industry it is our job to ensure that our guests are being taken care in all aspects of the dining experience & if any part fails, it is unacceptable. I also understand that you have many options when it comes to eating out & I truly appreciate you choosing us yesterday & in the past. I would very much like the opportunity to make yesterday up to you & your girlfriend by being our guest for a complimentary dinner or lunch for two, good at any time of your choosing. Simply print this email out, bring it in & we will take care of the rest, or you can call me & I will set it up for you. Please do hesitate to call or contact me to discuss the matter further or if I may be of any service to you. Thank you very much for your time & we look forward to making this up to you.

Sincerely;
Rich Levenhagen
General Manager, Houlihans, Noblesville
While a free meal is fucking sweet, how much of a jackwad would I feel like if the next time I walked in I handed my waitress an email complaint apology and said "hey this meal is free btw" so I replied back, mostly out of curiosity to see where it goes.

Quote:
Hi Rich,
I appreciate the offer for a free meal, but that is really not my desire and honestly will not change the frequency of our visits. While a free meal might seem enticing to some, the bottom line is that we want to be able to come in anonymously and still receive decent service - not receive good service because we were the people that complained before. If you want to make it up to us, figure out why we have never had an attentive or pleasant server at your location and make steps to correct it. We will continue to be patrons at your establishment in the future and look forward to the prospect of one day adequate service.

thanks,
DDTempest

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote