View Single Post
Unread 08-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mr. Blonde
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repugnant Abomination View Post
Of course I engaged in my fair share of fuckery growing up, but high school was a long time ago.
Look around your daily social life, and I think you may rethink this statement, my friend. Most adults are still children, and still modeling their lives on the same highschool archetypes.

Quote:
If that's your position, that you didn't ask to be born of subject to the laws of men, then why follow some but not others? Are you arguing for anarchy? And do you think it's right for you to reject societies laws while still benefiting immeasurably from being a part of society? It kind of sounds like wanting to eat your cake and have it too. Why not abandon society all together and live off the grid?
This is something I struggle with a lot. I have a tent, and could probably live successfully in the mountains for some time, hunting or living off of canned food or things that I find. It's something I've seriously considered and not a completely unreasonable future. However, given the fact that I am probably going to lose my primary form of transportation, with no money, and winter approaching, this does not seem the most feasible at this moment of time.

I consider storing what I do have at a friends place and becoming "homeless", with a buddhist-monk intent, on a daily basis. So yes, it's definitely something I've considered. I may benefit from society, but every day is an intense empathetic struggle that I live in a society where others do NOT benefit from society, and this makes me sick to my stomach. I would love to work in a way to help extend these benefits to others. But if it's going to be through bullshit politics, bureaucracy, etc. I not only will not do it, I will, in the spirit of Diogenes, blatantly insult and incite anger through speech towards those who insist that I do. This is my right as an autonomous human being. Who's going to stop me?

Quote:
The reason I engage with you on here is to try and be a friend, listen to your ideas and offer feed back. In this instance I think you might be creating more hardship for yourself in the long run.
Maybe, maybe not. I don't think about the "long run" because the "long run" I had planned is "long gone". As I said in another thread, I'm off the rails and thus don't care where I end up. It's hard to really buy into the "long run" when I could die tomorrow.

Quote:
I guess I am having a hard time figuring out your goal. It seems like if you feel this strongly about this there might be more successful ways of addressing it. Have you ever thought about going to law school? Or do you really want to completely disengage from civil society and practice small acts of defiance?
My goal is complete and utter autonomy from the tyranny of the government and over the tyranny over the minds of man, many of whom do not fully realize how imprisoned their own brains and thought patterns are, over thousands of years of allowing themselves "be ruled". You ALLOW yourselves to let other human beings have authority over you. Don't you see how insane that is?

I have thought about law school. Many have mentioned it to me. I could probably do a great deal of good. The problem is, law school as it is, is still a societal institution that has not evolved with the times and I refuse to spend even more years of my precious life doing something society has told me I "must do" before affecting real change. It is much more likely that will continue to disengage (or publicly mock) civil society and practice small acts of defiance, perhaps eventually leading to a big-enough one to make some real impact.

Why go to law school when I can just read all the same books on my own, for free? If it comes to that, that's what I'll do. Or if I received a full scholarship and stipend, also unlikely. But I'm not going to fall into the same student loan trap/time waste hole as so many who go to law school do.

Quote:
And that's admirable, I suppose. What other laws do you plan on resisting? Will you stop paying taxes? Are you prepared to spend time in prison for these beliefs?
I didn't pay taxes this year, although that's mostly just because I didn't feel like it. I'm not sure about next year. I'm prepared to spend time in prison for most of my beliefs, if they can catch me. The option of moving to Asia again is just a flight-ticket away, and i have no ethical qualms about escaping financial persecution through such means. Life is a game, at least that's how I look at it. If "they" are going to cheat and make up arbitrary rules about reality that I personally do not agree with, then I'm going to do the exact same. These are your natural, fundamental, human rights, people. The fact that people still think they can change them by "voting" in 2014 is absurd.

Quote:
That's a little presumptuous. Just because we have disagreements on the means doesn't mean we necessarily disagree on the ends. I think you and I are aligned on a lot more than you think.
Apologies, I just get really defensive sometimes.

Quote:
You sound dejected. Do you blame society for rejecting you? Do you think any fault lies with you? What would your ideal societal situation be? As in, let's say you hadn't lost a lot, and you had a good career, money, a girlfriend, and enough free time to still pursue spiritual and philosophical interests. Is that something you would even want? Or do you prefer more of an outcast role? Very interested to hear your thoughts on this.

I'm detecting a psychology tone and I would recommend as a friend you stray away from this as it will only warrant intense hostility. I've dealt with more psychiatric/psychological "professionals" than you can even fathom to imagine and even reading this post makes my blood boil.

I don't blame society for rejecting me. I blame society for existing for thousands of years and being unable to overcome its own selfishness, greed, and exploitation for the betterment, happiness and equality for all beings. I'm intensely upset with society for not dealing with these problems at this point in history --- it's insane and makes me want to do things that I can't even talk about on public forums.

I have reached the point where things like "a good career, a good girlfriend, etc" are things that are, due to my personality type, currently impossible to pursue. I believe these are illusions to take us away from the ultimate reality, the ultimate question of existence and why we are here. It is a necessary illusion, one created over millennia to give people purpose to existence and to "keep the show going", and one that I would not be opposed to being a part of --- if I could. But as long as there are as many war crimes, rapes, murders, bombs, and in-general -- human beings physically controlling and oppressing human beings --- I just don't even want that kind of life. I'm sure it would be very satisfying and even pleasing to experience. But I have no idea how people, especially in America, can go on with their daily lives while these things are going on, at a local, national, and worldwide level.

In fact, that last sentence is probably the #1 reason I consistently think about suicide. The sheer complete inability for most human beings to even pay attention to, let alone critically assess the world situation, and not see it as their PRIME DUTY to attain world peace. Everything else is secondary. Jobs, girlfriends, wives, kids, everything. There is simply no reason to exist in a world with so much violence and war, and it makes me look forward to death quite greatly.

So, again, in regard to the illusion of ape-animals with advanced consciousness (humans) needing a way to spend their ultimately meaningless existence, I am going to post this again:

Quote:
We have very different backgrounds and very different interpretations of each other's behavior and life choices. I'm trying very hard not to judge yours, as I have a lot of faith in you as a good-hearted individual who will, I hope, eventually, see things a bit more from the side that I"m seeing things. But until you do, I want you to enjoy your life and the path you have chosen for as long as you are permitted to.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 08-15-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote