View Single Post
Unread 03-10-2022, 09:32 AM   #1519 (permalink)
Saint DH

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think the second post through very clearly, and dent's counter popped into my head shortly after I pressed the submit button. It bears no relevance to the initial argument anyways. So the question becomes is there historical evidence the apostles were martyred? There isn't much non-Christian evidence, but there is at least one secular account of James, Jesus' brother (not officially an apostle), being stoned to death for "lawbreaking", which in this time and place, likely means blasphemy (i.e. faith in Christ). There is quite a lot of Christian evidence, and I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it as propaganda, but that's my opinion.

At the end of the day, there probably isn't, and will never be, definitive proof of God. We are supposed to have faith, and definitive proof removes faith. I will say that there is ancient wisdom in the teachings of Jesus. I have personally experienced the "fruits of sin", and it is not good. I believe leading a Christian life will lead one to a better life. The "fruits of the Holy Spirit" are joy, peace, tenderness, love, etc.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote