Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2005, 03:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
If you weren't aware, Indiana is one of 2 states (Arizona being the other) that does not observe Daylight Saving Time.

Even though I objectively and rationally believe DST is a waste of resources and creates inefficiencies and that it's benefits are long past; it's even worse for a few areas to not be in sync with their neighbors. Indiana should have adopted this policy long ago, even if the policy sucks balls - because the consequences of not knowing what time it is in Indiana are worse than the costs.

Well the state finally got it's head out of it's ass and now we can point and laugh at Arizona (ha ha ha Arizona you protested longer than us). Beginning April, Indiana will observe DST.

But this has brought about a great deal of controversy.

First of all is the debate of what counties will adopt what time zones. Eastern and Southern Indiana is easy - these places will observe the Eastern time zone. But, naturally, the northwest will observe Central Time to be in sync with Chicago. St. Joseph County (South Bend, IN) has requested to also join Central Time because of Chicago business, but unfortuneately Elkhart County has not made this request.

If Elkhart County were to join Central Time, it would be dark at 4pm in the winter and that is a serious bummer. But if Elkhart County is not on the same time zone as St Joeseph county, all hell would break loose. The two-county area is a blur of municipalities. From Goshen to Dunlap, Elkhart, Bristol, Oceola, Granger, Mishawaka, South Bend, Roseland, and Niles MI, there is no real distinction between cities and it is often hard to tell which area you are in. And St Joeseph county wants to divide the area in half? What a load of shit. Many companies have offices in both halves of the divide. Doing business in the area would be a pain in the ass.

Luckily enough, the governor is comming to the rescue.

<font size="4">Governor advises feds on time zones
</font>
By Mary Beth Schneider
mary.beth.schneider@indystar.com
Gov. Mitch Daniels is urging the federal government to deny St. Joseph County's request to move to the Central Time Zone in order to keep the northern Indiana county in sync with its neighbors in Elkhart County.
But Daniels, in a letter sent today to Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta, asked that the department, which regulates time zone boundaries, grant the petition of three additional southwestern Indiana counties to move to Central time.

The department had initially granted the requests of five counties -- St. Joseph, Starke, Knox, Perry and Pike -- to move to Central time. Daniels said Dubois, Martin and Daviess counties also should b e allowed to make the switch to Central time to keep southwestern Indiana united in one time zone.

The department, which held four hearings and has received nearly 4,500 written comments including Daniels' letter, has said it will make a final decision in January. Daniels also asked the federal government to act faster "so that our state can enter the New Year with certain that our decades of chaos are behind us."

source
Old 11-30-2005, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache
Down with time zones.

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Internets: 203
bloodyfart has a spectacular aura about bloodyfart has a spectacular aura about bloodyfart has a spectacular aura about
i dont think hawaii observes dst

[ November 30, 2005, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: bloodyfart ]

<b>We're here, and we're queer, so get used to it</b>
bloodyfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Internets: 412
theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice
no dst?!?!?!?! thats crazy news to me.

i who have nothing but the comfort of my sins
theMerciless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 04:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW
damn, DST, I hate it.

I loved the fact that our time never changed.
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 04:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 125182
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs
Coming to the rescue? Its his fucking mess.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Which is why he's coming to the rescue.

-UB
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Internets: 10
Mr. Mayor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Mayor
as a die hard republican i find this dst to be despicable and it almost makes me want to cross the isle. almost, im not a pussy thinks the government is the answer to every problem faced by white trash. i almost think the govonor that was ushered in by the death of frank "dead" obannan would have been better. call me lazy but i have to many clocks.

The jews are our only true partner against the arabs
Mr. Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Internets: 412
theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice theMerciless1 is just really nice
'allo guvna!

i who have nothing but the comfort of my sins
theMerciless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

MAGICLIT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to MAGICLIT
Quote:
Originally posted by theMerciless1:
'allo guvna!
ROFLMAO~~~literally, this was fuckin hilarious to me.

I am all in favor of a ruling class, especially since I rule.
MAGICLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 282947
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork
[quote]Originally posted by MAGICLIT:
Quote:
Thankyou for expressing yourself, you dirty cuntdragon.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by THEINCREDIBLEdork:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MAGICLIT:
Quote:
Thankyou for expressing yourself, you dirty cuntdragon.
</font>
pathetic, yet just as much hilarity as my previous post, futile as it may be.

Old 11-30-2005, 07:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 282947
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork
&lt;3

[ November 30, 2005, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: THEINCREDIBLEdork ]

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

oh, now i see what you were trying to do, nice attempt there, congrats on expressing yourself.