Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-27-2005, 04:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Now im not the most knowledgeable person in regards to this topic, but i have read and am very interested in the war. Now I voted for Kerry due to my family being hardcore democrate and them rubbing off on me, but i back bush in his attempts to create a better iraq. I also think at some point he has to realize we are fighting a battle that could never be won. WIth all the major leaders of Iraq in the custody of the US i dont see why we are there still. I realize that they want the job to get done 100% unlike his dad did, but we have lost enough american lives.
Having said that, i believe that they are doing the wrong thing with these elections. NO matter what goverment they form or try to form, its not going to be in place very long. The person the elect will be assasinated within a month. In the next 2 days their will be more deaths then in the last 2 months. We need to worry about stuff in the homeland then elsewhere at this point. We did what we needed to do. Let them start up their own government. When we try and help its just upseting insurgents more and their will be more violence. Im tired of losing american lives in a place where they dont belong anymore

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2005, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork
US soldiers dead: 1417 as of today. The most embarassing thing seems to me is that the most deaths in a day during the entire campaign happened yesterday by accident. A helicopter crashed by what appears by accident killing 31 marines.
I don't think its time to quit just yet, since this is our first attempt at an election, and death toll is pretty low for what all we're doing. But how can you put a price on life blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

[ January 27, 2005, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: THEINCREDIBLEdork ]

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2005, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
We still believe.

Internets: 216
Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Niger Angelus
That area of the world will always be at war, and no democratic government will ever survive there. It won't.

[ January 27, 2005, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Niger Angelus ]

I enjoy knives and fire.
Niger Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2005, 12:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Your wrong. This is our second attempt at an election. The first one was stopped by one of the canidates (really the only canidate that the us wanted in there) got shot and was killed by iraqi insurgents. The same thing will happen this time...i say we got who we needed to get...get out of there...what ever happened to osama...he is the one that started all the terror..how bout we worry about him rather then setting up an election in a country that supposably had weapons of mass destruction. THey dont have any and they have no materials to build them...so let it go...keep survallence on them and leave and save some lives...

Unread 01-28-2005, 01:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Internets: -205
VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
My opinion is that the no matter what the elections end up being, Iraq and most of the middle east will always be hostile. It's a natural occurance. Trying to form a democratic state in a country so unstable leads to problems. These people are used to being over run by other countries and just got through an awful dictator. The best thing to do in my opinion would be to establish a actual government first in a legislative sense and build off of that then work in the President.

~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2005, 02:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
We still believe.

Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
It won't work. Ever. I am telling you.

I enjoy knives and fire.
Unread 01-28-2005, 02:53 AM   #7 (permalink)

Internets: 10
Super Nintendo is on a distinguished road
As long as people are bound to a religion that believes killing others (and even yourself along with them) can grant automatic admission into some sort of obscure heaven, violence will persist.

[ January 27, 2005, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Super Nintendo ]
Super Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2005, 02:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
We still believe.

See told you. We are not just dealing with politics in the sense. Their politics and religion is one. And they are very zealous about their faith.

I enjoy knives and fire.
Unread 01-28-2005, 04:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Internets: 10
Danhalen is on a distinguished road
wow, i thought i might have something to say, but it seems i'd be preaching to the choir.

Quote:
See told you. We are not just dealing with politics in the sense. Their politics and religion is one. And they are very zealous about their faith.
i have to agree 100%. the vast majority of people over there seem to want to maintain theocracy. seperating church from state is a hard thing to do when the majority of people already believe that only allah and the chosen religious leaders know what's best for them.

[ January 28, 2005, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: Danhalen ]
Danhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2005, 04:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

ahhhh...i knew i wasnt the only person...i love the way bush handled 9-11..i really do...but the iraq situation is way overdrawn...thats like going into the ghetto in chicago and trying to clean it up...you can only do so much...they keep respawning...like halo when im bout to get the flag...the other team respawns and kills me...thats the way it is over there ( i just interpreted a video game into politics...how badass is that!!! )