Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > Reviews

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-04-2005, 09:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
I am hopelessly addicted to caffeine, and I know that I'm not alone in this world.

For me, there is no other energy drink quite to the caliber of Lo-Carb Monster.

It has all the kick of the regular Monster, without the sugars (which eventually bring you down).

Anybody else like Energy Drinks? Whether it be Red Bull, Monster, Lost, Rockstar (what I drink at school because the closest gas station doesn't sell Monster), or coffe drinks like Double Shot.

What is the best energy drink and why?
Unread 02-04-2005, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

No mother fucking doubt about it:

That said, I haven't really tried as many of them as you have DJ. But I will say that Red Bull is my baby. Red Bull is my love. It is my life. I cannot live without it. God damnit do I love Red Bull.

-Ugly Bastard
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2005, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
We still believe.

Internets: 216
Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Niger Angelus
I like Sobe Adrenaline Rush is my favorite. It doesn't have that gross bubblegum taste like Red Bull, moreso a grapefruitish one. And it really does the trick.

[ February 04, 2005, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Niger Angelus ]

I enjoy knives and fire.
Niger Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2005, 09:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Red Bull does not have a gross bubblegum taste at all. If you want to try a drink that does, try: "Stinger" made by the people who make Stacker 2. That's the worst energy drink I've ever wet my pallet with.

-Ugly Bastard
Unread 02-04-2005, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Another one not too many people have heard of (it's pushed big time in skydiving, maybe it's made by a skydiver or something) is called Go Fast. Its actually quite good. It has a smooth Strawberry flavor, and really winds your watch. If you ever see Go Fast, give it a try.

Can in hand:

-Ugly Bastard

[ February 04, 2005, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Bastard ]
Unread 02-04-2005, 09:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
We still believe.

Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
I will remember to stay away from that one as well.

I enjoy knives and fire.
Unread 02-04-2005, 09:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
DJ FC

Quote:
Originally posted by Ugly Bastard:
Red Bull does not have a gross bubblegum taste at all. If you want to try a drink that does, try: "Stinger" made by the people who make Stacker 2. That's the worst energy drink I've ever wet my pallet with.

-Ugly Bastard
Agreed, of all the energy drinks I've ever had that one was the worst.

Well I do remember one time I bought one at Big Lots (I have no idea why I was at Big Lots) and it was terrible, but I don't think that counts, it was to be expected.
Unread 02-05-2005, 02:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

Location: that one place...you know, with the fire and damnation? oh yeh, hell.
Internets: 10
the Butcher is on a distinguished road
I love Red Bull as you do Ugly. There is no gross taste, only pure caffeinated goodness. I love the way I feel when I drink it, I love the taste of it and I love that I love it. Red Bull is higher on my significance list that breathing.

meet me at the corner of 5th and pontiac. and make sure that no one else is with you, if you wish to see them alive again.
the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2005, 02:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by the Butcher:
I love Red Bull as you do Ugly. There is no gross taste, only pure caffeinated goodness.
A-the-fuck-men.

-Ugly Bastard
Unread 02-05-2005, 02:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo
Fuck men? Gross.

I like Red Bull as well.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2005, 06:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Unwanted

Internets: -885
Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts
I'm a big fan of Sobe Dragonfruit, but I don't know if that counts as an energy drink or not
Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2005, 05:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

farawayfromhere is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Schroeder:
I'm a big fan of Sobe Dragonfruit, but I don't know if that counts as an energy drink or not
Nope it doesnt.
And being the female of this thread I must say, I would like to take the chair as the Caffeine Queen. Total Caffeine drink junkie. That's my drug. I've had'em all. Well, all of them I can get my hands on. Even had the horrible loss of breath, appetite, and heart pounding sensations you get when you repeatedly abuse them and then all of the sudden get cut off. Ask the Butcher. He's familiar with my addiction.
My personal favorite: Sobe Adrenaline Rush.

[ February 05, 2005, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: farawayfromhere ]

"I always tell the girls never take it seriously. If you never take it seriously then you never get hurt. If you never get hurt then you always have fun, and if you ever get lonely you can just go to the record store and visit your friends."
farawayfromhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2005, 07:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs
I also consider myself an energry drink aficionado.
Red bull and Red Bull suarless are still the king in my mind,
Monster in both forms is alright. I recently tried the Monster Assault, designed to taste like cola, its ok.
Sobe No Fear is mediocre
Mt. Dew Amp is solid
Im not a big fan of non-carbonated energry drinks such as full throttle or pimp juice, but they will do in a pinch
Starbucks Doubleshots are an absolute staple, cus I can use student account money on them.
KMX is right near the top.
I will add to this last as needed.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2005, 09:45 PM   #14 (permalink)

Location: that one place...you know, with the fire and damnation? oh yeh, hell.
the Butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by farawayfromhere:
Even had the horrible loss of breath, appetite, and heart pounding sensations you get when you repeatedly abuse them and then all of the sudden get cut off. Ask the Butcher. He's familiar with my addiction.
Yep, she's a crazy bitch when she doesn't get her caffeine, let me tell you. Scary. Evil. Flames shooting from her eyes...it's fucking intense.

meet me at the corner of 5th and pontiac. and make sure that no one else is with you, if you wish to see them alive again.
the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2005, 02:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ish...

silver and cold is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to silver and cold
Red Bull for me, but Im really cheap and poor so I hit up my chai mix, unless I have cash.

the killer in me is the killer in you.
silver and cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
The new "Shock Wave" energy drink is OK, not great. Ive got the sugar free version...its orangish, average carbonation. Overall, not one of my favorites, but its a 16oz can for $1.99 so I'll take it.
Unread 02-11-2005, 01:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
DJ FC

I recently had an energy drink that tasted good and also contained 6 percent alcohol.

It was called "Sparks"

Ladies and gentlemen this may be my new favorite energy drink.

[ February 11, 2005, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: DJ FC ]
Unread 02-11-2005, 03:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Poor Sport

How much $?
Unread 02-11-2005, 04:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
DJ FC

$6 for 4, so it actually ends up being cheaper than the others.

I had a hard time believeing it myself.
Unread 02-11-2005, 07:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
We still believe.

I bet it is better than Bud E too.

I enjoy knives and fire.
Unread 02-11-2005, 07:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Damn, $6 for 4...same caffeine content as say a red bull?
Unread 02-11-2005, 07:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
DJ FC

I cant find that information anywhere. Strange.
Unread 02-11-2005, 07:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache
Budweiser makes an energy drink beer now. It vaguely tastes like beer, but more like a regular energy drink. It's decent. Sparks is the winner as far as alcoholic energy drinks go, but there's only one real non-alcoholic champion:

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2005, 08:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache
On a side note, whilst searching for that picture I came across this picture:

Just thought I'd share.

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2005, 08:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ FC:
I cant find that information anywhere. Strange.
Well in your opinion