Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > Reviews

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-19-2004, 04:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Unwanted

Internets: -885
Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts
Talking

Being one of the very few members of Nubblies who attends Purdue, I feel inclined to give my review on the concert that occured here today.

Purdue played host to the MTV Campus Invasion tour today. It consisted of Ima Robot opening for Lost Prophets opening for Hoobastank.

Some of my friends and I headed over to Slayter Hill at 3:00. There were 1000's of people there, the biggest show on the tour. The concert started at like 4:00 with Ima Robot performing first. To say the least, they were not a crowd favorite. The lead singer was wearing a skirt, the bassist had on a pink shirt, and the drummer had a mullet. However, they seemed kind of like a "message" band. One example: At one point after they were done with a song-

Lead singer: How many of you guys are registered to vote today?
(general booing and flipping off from the crowd)
Lead singer: Well, at least you've got an opinion. But seriously now, how many of you are registered to vote?
(seems like about a tenth raised their hands)
Lead singer: Everyone else, piggyback on those guys. I hope you like what they have to say.

or these gem lyrics from one of their songs:
We sell it, you buy it
You dyin' to try it?
We sell it, you buy it
You dyin' to try it?
We sell it, you buy it
You dyin' to try it?
We sell it, you buy it
While people are dyin'
You sell it, you buy it
You're dyin' to try it
You buy it, we sell it
While people are yellin'
Here come the bombs
Here come the bombs
Here come the bombs
Here they come

Here come the bombs, life is over
Here come the bombs, it's over
Here come the bombs, run for cover
Here come the bombs, run for cover!

All in all, I didn't really mind these guys. They had a unique sound, they really didn't care what people thought about them at all, which garners respect in my book, and from the looks of it, they were clearer into what they were doing. I can't shoot down a group that's putting their heart and soul into the music, even if I don't like what it's saying.

Rating: 7 out of 10

Next up was Lost Prophets. These guys rocked. Immeadiately after the first song started out these two huge frat guys approached and were standing right behind us. I had begun to notice that we were pretty much surrounded by big guys, considering we weren't more than 15 yards or so from the stage. Don't you hate when you know something is going to happen, but you can't do anything about it? By the time the first song actually hit it's "up" part, we got totally crushed. All of a sudden our section imploded, and I was standing dead center in a mosh pit. I did my best to get out of their but some guys just kept throwing me back into the center, like I was actually participating. I got knocked around for what seemed like forever till I finally managed to escape out of there, seperated from the group. After that, it was fun to try to balance watching the band with watching out for water bottles hitting you or crowd surfers falling on you. Lost Prophets rocked big time, especially through "Last Train Home". The best part of the set, though, was during the last song. The lead singer told the whole crowd to divide up down the center and when the song started, to just crush into the other side. It was friggin' nuts. 1500+ minimum people crashing into each other all at the same time. After that everyone was just jumping around and banging into each other, as we had done the whole set. It was freaking awesome.

Rating: 9 out of 10 (probably should be a 10, but I'm still a little beat up, mainly due to their set.

Finally, Hoobastank. Words cannot describe how excited I was to see this band. The crowd was still completely out of control from the Lost Prophets, and I thought it was going to be all downhill. Wow, was I ever wrong. From the first notes of "Out of Control" the place was (pardon my French) fucking insane. People were crowdsurfing, others were getting launched into the air and doing flips and stuff, girls were flashing Hoobastank everywhere, and practically everyone was jumping up and down. Every song, things got more and more amazing (the music, the crowd excitement, the intensity). One of the funniest parts of the whole concert was Hoobastank saying that the number one school they had played for on the tour was IU, when I'm pretty sure that they didn't even make a stop there. Oh well, it did its part. The crowd got even more psyched up, and started chanting "Fuck the Hoosiers". We even did like a "Fuck the Hoosiers" jam session near the end of the set, with everyone chanting, and Hooba playing music that actually synched up nicely. For the final song, they played "Crawling in the Dark". The place erupted. People and items flying everywhere, everyone jumping around. It was amazing.

Score out of 10: 15

Overall, this was probably one of my best experiences here at Purdue, if not the best. It was a great day. Good Weather, good music, good friends, getting a chance to go completely nuts, and last, but certainly not least, boobs.

Concert Overall Score out of 10: 25

I'll post some pictures as soon as I get them back.

This should finally teach you WCHS kids just which Indiana school is the best. I suppose you could go to gay pride IU or Murder U. (Ball State), but why?

When's everyone going to realize that all schools are equally inferior to Purdue?

P.S. That makes 1000 for one of the most notorious members to ever log on to nubblies.net.

[ April 19, 2004, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: Schroeder ]
Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 04:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

This is the epic 1000th post we've been waiting months for? Disappointing.

-Ugly Bastard
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 04:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Roscoe P. Coldchain

Internets: 1425
StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of StabMaster Arson has much to be proud of
This should be in Reviews, not news.

What happened to the big apelegy you promised?

LEGALIZE CRIME!
StabMaster Arson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 04:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Internets: 10
buckeye is on a distinguished road
You could always just go to a school far superior to any of those mentioned, Ohio State, and be quite happy with yourself for doing so.
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 05:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Unwanted

Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by buckeye:
You could always just go to a school far superior to any of those mentioned, Ohio State, and be quite happy with yourself for doing so.
I'd go to Ohio State over the other two.
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

Internets: 82
Alpha will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Schroeder:
P.S. That makes 1000 for one of the most notorious members to ever log on to nubblies.net.
No, just one of the most annoying.

In reality it is nice to see you back, but not really.

Gods are but men with immortal souls.
Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 12:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by StabMaster Arson:
This should be in Reviews, not news.

What happened to the big apelegy you promised?
Stab, you're so silly, you mispelled "apology"!

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 12:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute
Why is it that everytime Schroeder posts I want to beat him in the face?
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 12:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Internets: 1608
Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Schroeder, why did you choose to post this thread under this id instead of your other one?

When I was watching MTV and saw that these three bands were on their "campus invasion" tour, I prayed to god that this wasn't coming to IU. Thankfully it didn't. Thats pretty much how I feel about these bands.
Pliedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 01:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

Super Nintendo is on a distinguished road
Piledes speaks the truth...
Super Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 01:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Unwanted

Quote:
Originally posted by Pliedes:
Schroeder, why did you choose to post this thread under this id instead of your other one?
Because I don't use Vitruvio that often.
Unread 04-19-2004, 05:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

Location: that one place...you know, with the fire and damnation? oh yeh, hell.
the Butcher is on a distinguished road
Or because of the fact that you are a worthless fuck who realized that everyone had your other "i cuss because it makes me cooler" alter-ego figured out. When will you take everyone's advice and go fucking kill yourself? The time to do it has passed, don't let us down.

[ April 19, 2004, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: the Butcher ]

meet me at the corner of 5th and pontiac. and make sure that no one else is with you, if you wish to see them alive again.
the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

Elegy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by the Butcher:
Or because of the fact that you are a worthless fuck who realized that everyone had your other "i cuss because it makes me cooler" alter-ego figured out. When will you take everyone's advice and go fucking kill yourself? The time to do it has passed, don't let us down.
Butch, you didn't like my pm, did ya? I know the truth hurts.

Besides, if I killed myself, it'd bring some happiness to your life, something I don't intend on doing.

[ April 19, 2004, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Elegy ]
Elegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 08:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
Is this the first time Elegy has openly admitted to being Schroeder?
Quote:
Originally posted by Elegy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by the Butcher:
Butch, you didn't like my pm, did ya? I know the truth hurts.

Besides, if I killed myself, it'd bring some happiness to your life, something I don't intend on doing.
</font>[/quote]

[ April 19, 2004, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: DJ FC ]
Unread 04-20-2004, 01:32 AM   #15 (permalink)

Location: that one place...you know, with the fire and damnation? oh yeh, hell.
the Butcher is on a distinguished road
Oh Schroeder/Elegy, if only you knew how truly wrong you are. I know, and many others know, but you just might never know. And that, my fiend, is what makes life worth living.

meet me at the corner of 5th and pontiac. and make sure that no one else is with you, if you wish to see them alive again.
the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2004, 01:55 AM   #16 (permalink)

The Comedian is on a distinguished road
I think it's so low that people use two ids on here.

~The Comedian~
The Comedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2004, 01:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Three, technically.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2004, 02:12 AM   #18 (permalink)

The 200th Member is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Blonde:
Three, technically.
Heh. If you only knew....
The 200th Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2004, 04:39 PM   #19 (permalink)

Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ FC:
Maybe the first time he admitted it, but everyone and their dog has known it forever.
Unread 04-20-2004, 04:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo
Quote:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DJ FC:
Maybe the first time he admitted it, but everyone and their dog has known it forever.</font>[/quote]My dog is actually just now finding out about it.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2004, 04:50 PM   #21 (permalink)

Seriously? He's really out of the loop. Maybe it's because he's blind though.

On another note, can he still fetch food like he used to?
Unread 04-20-2004, 06:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Unwanted

Quote:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DJ FC:
Maybe the first time he admitted it, but everyone and their dog has known it forever.</font>[/quote]Yeah right, Pliedes. Tonguegina new first, and then I can't remember after that, but not many people knew at all.

Quote:

When I was watching MTV and saw that these three bands were on their "campus invasion" tour, I prayed to god that this wasn't coming to IU. Thankfully it didn't. Thats pretty much how I feel about these bands.
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Nintendo:
Piledes speaks the truth...
Yeah, jealousy is a bitch, isn't it guys? Did IU even have any big name acts this year?
Unread 04-20-2004, 08:01 PM   #23 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo
Quote:
On another note, can he still fetch food like he used to?
Yeah, like a fucking champ. I love that little guy. I wish I could find that picture of him again...
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2004, 08:40 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah right, Pliedes. Tonguegina new first, and then I can't remember after that, but not many people knew at all.
Keep telling yourself that

Quote:
Yeah, jealousy is a bitch, isn't it guys? Did IU even have any big name acts this year?
Jealousy? I think those bands are the epitome of mediocrity and corporate gimics. I don't want them to come here and pollute our campus with their god awful music.
As for big name bands. We get quite a few indeed, but that doesn't say much about the town. It's all about the local music scene, of which ours is simply amazing.
Unread 04-20-2004, 09:22 PM   #25 (permalink)

Elegy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We get quite a few indeed, but that doesn't say much about the town. It's all about the local music scene, of which ours is simply amazing.
Name a few, if you would, Pliedes. And this year, if possible.
Elegy is offline   Reply With Quote