Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > General Chat

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2003, 04:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Internets: 1608
Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

I'm just throwing this out there, but what about having a political forum?

I know we've already created an arts forum recently, and not long ago we added the games forum, but I think we actually could have enough interest to have a forum dedicated just to political topics.

You see, I wanted to create a topic asking if military could be justified by human rights violations alone, but I couldn't think of where to put it at all.
We've had many political topics (such as the Death Penelty topic) which turned out some of nubblies' best posts ever.
And I know topics (like the one I want to start about Gun Control) will also be heavily (and hopefully intelligently) responded to.

And if push comes to shove, it can always be a place for ya'll to stick Lugo's rants about Bush, so that we can collectively ignore them.

Such a forum would definitely be used, so I thought I'd suggest it. If not, oh well, but I think it's a decent proposal.
Pliedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 04:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Unwanted

Internets: -885
Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts
Yeah, that's a good idea, Pliedes. I think it would be a nice change from most of the other forums.

[ September 12, 2003, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Schroeder ]
Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Internets: 10
Combat Chuck is on a distinguished road
I also think that it would be a good addition. Seriously, it's not like it's going to take away from any other forums.
Combat Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Titan is on a distinguished road

As long as you plan on following it up immediately with Religious, Philisophical, Moral, and Psychological forums, sure.

[ September 12, 2003, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Titan ]

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 08:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

How about a Politics/Issues forum then? So it incorporates a little more?
Old 09-12-2003, 10:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

victim is on a distinguished road
snydz.com forums

I've tried to have a serious discussion forum before @ snydz.com, and have seen such a thing implemented well on large forums. It can spawn some highly intelligent conversation, but you need a few smart people to keep things interesting, and good guidelines to keep the drivel out. If it isn't terribly active, the quality goes down and it begins to get pointless.

I think it could be done here, but I'd remove the News board, and split its threads between the General board and the Issues forum. Just look at the News forum: Some of the stuff is topical, humorous, and sometimes trivial, while other things, such as the 9-11 thread can spawn debate and serious thought. They don't really go together. Adding a new forum while keeping the News would damage both. Kill the News forum, and all the current events and humorous stories would end up here in this forum, and all the issues would go to their own home. That'd be nice.

[ September 12, 2003, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: victim ]

get off my internet!!!
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 01:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

That sounds relatively reasonable.
As well as vaguely erotic.

Old 09-13-2003, 03:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Only vaguely? I popped a---never mind.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

victim is on a distinguished road
Somewhere, a bell is ringing...

get off my internet!!!
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 03:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Internets: -205
VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
nice idea. now everyone will know my vast knowledge on politics as well

~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 04:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

Oh save us from eternal damnation....

Quote:
Originally posted by victim:
Somewhere, a bell is ringing...
HAH!
Old 09-13-2003, 04:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

Internets: 82
Alpha will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by VOL:
nice idea. now everyone will know my vast knowledge on politics as well
I pray you're joking.

Gods are but men with immortal souls.
Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 01:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

Let's find out. Even ignorant people like VOL have strong opinons on political topics... that doesn't mean they have good opinons, just that they have them.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
I like dirt.

Internets: 2790
tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to tonguegina Send a message via AIM to tonguegina Send a message via MSN to tonguegina Send a message via Yahoo to tonguegina
Quote:
Originally posted by Pliedes:
Let's find out. Even ignorant people like VOL have strong opinons on political topics... that doesn't mean they have good opinons, just that they have them.
Is there such a thing as a bad opinion? Maybe one that goes against your personal beliefs, but that doesn't mean it's particularly bad.
tonguegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 02:46 PM   #15 (permalink)

There's only such a thing as a bad opinion if there are such things as bad and good. Which there are, it just so happens that the terms are relative, thereby making the concept of a bad opinion also relative.

[ September 15, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Titan ]