![]() |
|
|
#26 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 549
Internets: 5464
|
What is the most important skill one can possess working in your industry?
Any tips/advice on getting a job for someone about to graduate with a degree in business economics? What are some rookie mistakes that you've made that you might warn someone about who is preparing to start a career? |
|
|
|
|
|
#28 (permalink) | |
|
MURICAN
|
Quote:
Tips/Advice: Just because a job isn't advertised to you, or your friends don't think they can get it, that doesn't mean it's not available. Don't settle for something crummy. Rookie mistakes: Not knowing the industry you want to join. Actually know what a days work is like, try to visit offices in the industry. | |
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#30 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#32 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#37 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#39 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#41 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#43 (permalink) |
|
Jelqing for Jesus
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte's spare bedroom
Posts: 3,079
Internets: 194538
|
Speaking of UK politics, do you think Pitino will get Louisville put on probation? And what are the chances of UK winning the SEC again after losing Wall?
|
|
Last edited by angry pancake; 05-18-2010 at 03:36 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#44 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
A Conservative+Lib Dem government confuses me. I hope it's much more Conservative than Lib Dem. Hopefully they argue a bit and get very little done. Because in these times, the less a government does the better. Unless you radically reduce it like Ron Paul wants to do. But there are no Ron Pauls in Europe.
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#45 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#47 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#50 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
It's looking more doubtful every day now. Our comapny is probably going to open a European office but I may stay in London (Ironically) for tax reasons. Switzerland has a pretty abusive stamp duty on buying and selling stocks.
If I move it will be about a year from now. |
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| DJFC goes to Oktoberfest and almost Dies | DJ FC | General Chat | 7 | 09-30-2010 02:58 AM |
| Personal Reasons... | THEINCREDIBLEdork | The Confessional/Advice Line | 13 | 12-12-2005 05:04 PM |
| My neighbor DJFC | Freyday | General Chat | 10 | 07-26-2005 09:53 PM |
| Apple releases "The world's fastest personal computer" | MeNAcE | News | 6 | 06-26-2003 09:21 PM |