![]() |
|
|
#104 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#105 (permalink) | |
|
COME ON YOU YANKS
|
Quote:
I dislike most pumpkin beers because they tend to go overboard on spices imo. This one is an exception to that. On top of that, it smells absolutely fantastic. Perhaps the best smelling beer I've niffed. All in all, it was good. Very good. Especially for a pumpkin beer. | |
|
|
|
|
|
#106 (permalink) |
|
Jelqing for Jesus
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte's spare bedroom
Posts: 3,079
Internets: 194538
|
I'm sure Nubblites have always wondered who makes the best malt liquor as much as the general public. What is it about this that seems to makes it drinkers find fat ugly white women attractive. In an effort to give back to society, AP will conduct a double blind tasting of various malt liquors in order to find out which is the best.
I originally thought it would be awesome to assemble a panel of experts to assist in this project. But I realized I don't really know any experts in this area and if I did, I could just ask them. So I'm going to procure as many different varieties of malt liquor as possible. Have a panel of willing volunteers sample each and rank them according to favorite and assign a corresponding score according to the ranking. The panel will not know which container contains which selection. In fact, the panel will not know it's malt liquor. I will possibly throw in a ringer like Miller High Life just to insure the sanctity of the line up. The truth is out there. Picture will follow. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#110 (permalink) |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,581
Internets: 6603
|
As a complete beer snob, I'd have to say my favorite brewery has to be Bell's of Kalamazoo MI. There's nothing better than a nice hoppy Two Hearted Ale on a hot day.
For those of you within driving distance, definitely make the trip. Its an awesome place. |
|
|
|
|
|
#112 (permalink) |
|
Jelqing for Jesus
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte's spare bedroom
Posts: 3,079
Internets: 194538
|
Stanky is more than welcome to join our shitty panel of quenching our thirst for knowledge. Afterwards I may even buy a few rounds at the flying saucer. Which is one of the holy temples of beer snobbery in a retail setting. Right up there with Yard House from the west coast. Please oh stanked one, join us to unraveling the mysteries of malt liquor. Teach us how such weak ass brew can have high alcohol content with little flavor. Your appearance will grace all of us below you.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#113 (permalink) | |
|
I make bad decisions.
|
Quote:
Probably. | |
|
|
|
|
|
#114 (permalink) | |
|
MURICAN
|
Quote:
| |
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#115 (permalink) | |
|
Jelqing for Jesus
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte's spare bedroom
Posts: 3,079
Internets: 194538
|
Quote:
| |
|
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#116 (permalink) |
|
Gangnam Style
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DH's Massage Parlor
Posts: 6,383
Internets: 213510
|
I looked into franchising a Yardhouse with another individual to bring one to Indianapolis - only to find they don't sell their franchise, but keep it private. I loved the one in Vegas - great food, beer options, and atmosphere.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#117 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
Hofbrau > Yardhouse.
Sorry |
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#118 (permalink) |
|
Jelqing for Jesus
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte's spare bedroom
Posts: 3,079
Internets: 194538
|
Yard House > Hofbrau
Not even close. Yard house has better food and only 5000 more beer selections. Sure Hofbrau Haus has a band and chugging contests and that ilk. But it's like saying Hooters is better than Fat Duck because of the waitresses. There are a lot of brew pubs in the states that do what Hofbrau does equally as well. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#119 (permalink) |
|
MURICAN
|
Dude the food is no comparison. Hofbrau wins that one every time hands down.
|
![]() The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#120 (permalink) |
|
Jelqing for Jesus
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte's spare bedroom
Posts: 3,079
Internets: 194538
|
So yesterday was the day of the great malt liquor tasting. A distinguished panel of AP and Hank Ernst were the only to brave enough for this feat. A few tidbits about this quest for knowledge.
Finding malt liquor is not as easy as I thought it would be. I was able to find a six pack of Mickey's at a local liquor store. However that was all they carried. ![]() After inquiring with the clerk about if I was overlooking the product he informed that his location did not usually carry these types of beverages, but recommended the liquor store off the freeway where the pan handlers beg by the over pass. He was correct. I hit malt liquor pay dirt there. They had cans ![]() and 40 ounce bottles. I bought the bottles to insure authenticity. ![]() I managed to find a "loosey" tall boy can of Colt .45 at a gas station and hence was our only canned entry. Seeing that the containers were of different sizes, it would make no sense to just place a brown paper bag around them to conceal the identity. So I headed over to Hank's with the goodies and then came up with the idea to put the malt liquor into cups and number the cups with a corresponding brand. No peeking on the bottom of the cups. However, Hank's neighbor, a short rotund mexican-indian looking woman, came over at that time and she agreed to participate. After we each had five cups of the corresponding malt liquor, each set of cups were scrambled so they would not be in order and to make the event semi "blind." ![]() ![]() The Results and Conclusions. It became clear early that the two white male tasters did not like malt liquors. They all kinda sucked. But the difference is that some of these in comparison were sweet tasting. Almost like that sickly sweet strawberry soda that the black man enjoys on occasion. It was dumb founding how sugary some of these tasted. My ranking pretty much went from less sweet to sweet. Hank's I think followed suit, but he was already drunk when I got there, so who really knows. The indomex's preferences where almost opposite to mine. The Best Malt Liquor 1. Mickey's --it was unanimous 2. Colt .45 --second place for two people and fourth for the other. 3. Schlitz Malt Liquor -- Unanimous 4. Old English 800 --a 2nd, 4th, and 5th 5. Steel Reserve --a 4th and two 5ths. And now the mystery is solved. However AP wasted a beautiful chance to celebrate MLK day. If only AP's curiosity had patience. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#122 (permalink) |
|
Gangnam Style
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DH's Massage Parlor
Posts: 6,383
Internets: 213510
|
When I go back to Vegas, I prefer Hofbrau over Yardhouse. I prefer the environment and food of H. If I still lived there, I'd pick Yardhouse because it's far cheaper of an evening.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#125 (permalink) |
|
Long Live Dixie
|
I present to you Big Flats Lager Beer.
![]() "It's the water that makes it" Walgreens had 24 cans on sale for $7.96 and I could not pass it up. It blew my mind that 24 beers were ONLY $7.96 + Tax. The "water" that 'makes' this premium beer is very overpowering. It tastes similar to a dirty mixture of water, piss, and random chemicals. The aftertaste is what gets me. The only way I can describe it is a 'nasty fucking chemical aftertaste' Don't get me wrong, there are worst beers out there (see AP's post above) and I wasn't exactly expecting a incredible mind blowing bavarian lager. Big Flats is a decent beer after your good beer. After a decent buzz the nasty aftertaste is hardly recognized. Also, at .33 cents a beer the price cannot be beat. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|