Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-26-2004, 06:51 PM   #26 (permalink)

Internets: 306
fancymeghan is a jewel in the rough fancymeghan is a jewel in the rough fancymeghan is a jewel in the rough fancymeghan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to fancymeghan Send a message via AIM to fancymeghan
nevermind...i was mistaken

[ February 26, 2004, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: fancymeghan ]
fancymeghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 06:52 PM   #27 (permalink)

Internets: -238
Percipere'Chan is infamous around these parts Percipere'Chan is infamous around these parts Percipere'Chan is infamous around these parts
Dirty,

Have you ever stuck a knife in the back of someone's head? Just wondering.

Dead, death, grim on a pale horse, empty, hollow, inanimate, fataled, black curtained, annihilated.
Percipere'Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 06:54 PM   #28 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute
Chan, have you ever stuck your penis into a man's asshole? I'll bet you have.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 06:55 PM   #29 (permalink)

Internets: 44
BarryJive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BarryJive
Definitions change dude, gay used to mean happy, now it is a referance to homosexual. Why can't this definition change with the times as so many others have?

I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat french toast.
BarryJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 06:57 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by fancymeghan:
i start to hate republicans more and more every day.
AGREED!

I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat french toast.
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:01 PM   #31 (permalink)

Percipere'Chan is infamous around these parts Percipere'Chan is infamous around these parts Percipere'Chan is infamous around these parts
Pli-

Just to keep things in perspective here.
"Magniloquent"
Latin:
Magnus + e(')loqui = Great or Big / Speech or Talk

What was once a way of saying 'a magnificant speech' now means:

Main Entry: mag·nil·o·quent
: speaking in or characterized by a high-flown often bombastic style or manner

I like that you took it to webster, though unfortunately that doesn't really help your case.

Dead, death, grim on a pale horse, empty, hollow, inanimate, fataled, black curtained, annihilated.
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:04 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by BarryJive:
Definitions change dude, gay used to mean happy, now it is a referance to homosexual. Why can't this definition change with the times as so many others have?
BarryJive. I am Dumb. You are wise. I pay hommage.

Unread 02-26-2004, 07:04 PM   #33 (permalink)

Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute
Don't really see what political parties have to do with this...

Oh, and Barry, you really should watch how to talk to me, because I am better than you.

[ February 26, 2004, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Dirty Harry ]
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:07 PM   #34 (permalink)

Internets: 1608
Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

I'm not taking it to webster at all. I just want people to start working with definitions here, and I offered up dictionary.com's to start it up. I'm not using a dictionary definition to try to influence policy. Btw, I've been playing devil's advocate the whole time.
Pliedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:07 PM   #35 (permalink)

PS- Dirty,
I find your preoccupation with penises and men's assholes disturbing.
...maybe you should see somebody about that.

(Yea! I made three posts in a row again!)

?- shall we keep this one rolling?

Unread 02-26-2004, 07:09 PM   #36 (permalink)

Chan, I'm not the one who sticks my penis into other male's asses. I simply asked if you've ever done such a thing.

Since you didn't answer the question I'll go ahead and assume you do.
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:11 PM   #37 (permalink)

Marriage: A legal union between two consenting adults. As defined by me.

Unread 02-26-2004, 07:13 PM   #38 (permalink)

Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Now thats more of what we're trying to get at.
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:16 PM   #39 (permalink)

Dirty,
Okay, now that was just stupid.
You might want to re-think how-ever it is you try to go about getting smarter. That is, if you do. I know it's not for everybody.
(in case you're interested: )
Recognizing when somebody says something smarter than you is usually a good way to learn a little something.

Unread 02-26-2004, 07:18 PM   #40 (permalink)

And yeah, it's definately looking like 'obsessive-compulsive' disorder (to start).

Unread 02-26-2004, 07:30 PM   #41 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Post made too late.

[ February 26, 2004, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Blonde ]

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:36 PM   #42 (permalink)

Mr. Blonde, the fact is that gay people in long term monogomous reltionships are being denied rights such as: being able to "pull the plug" on a brain dead partner, spousal privelage (when hetero couples go to court the wife is not forced to testify against her husband) and tax breaks provided to married couples do not apply to unmarried gay couples. So to say they are doing this just to piss people off is just plain ignorant. Too many people are ill-informed and all it takes is to pick up a newspaper.

Unread 02-26-2004, 07:41 PM   #43 (permalink)

Marriage: A legal union, with a spiritual content, between two consenting adults. As defined by my understanding of the homosexual population.

Social Union: A legal union between two consenting adults. As defined by my understanding of the homosexual population.

I'd also say that two of the items mentioned my BarryJive are spiritual in their content.
1) 'pulling the plug'
2) not having to testify
Though, they are definately State and Government matters as well. ...I'm still have no clue how the government can tell you when to and when not to pull the plug.

Unread 02-26-2004, 07:44 PM   #44 (permalink)

If your homosexual partner, who you've been with for 20 years, told you he/she wanted you to "pull the plug" if they were ever in such a state, but their family wanted to keep them alive, you'd have no say in what actually happens...
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:45 PM   #45 (permalink)

Internets: 10
Super Nintendo is on a distinguished road
It's all a matter if you see homosexuality as being a "choice" or "not a choice".
If you see it as a choice, as do most Christians and apparently George Bush, then when you make this choice to be gay you are also making the choice not to get married. It's like telling someone if you buy this house you can't get air-conditioning, but then the person buys the house and bitches about the lack of air-conditioning anyway.
More liberal groups see homosexuality as "not a choice". So they look at it more like, "we were forced to live in this house, and dammit, we want air-conditioning".

Dirty is wrong, it does have to do with political parties. Yet the others that were saying "we hate republicans" are being very hipocritical, how can you "hate" a whole group of people...for "hating" on a group of people. Maybe gay people should start hating on you, then we could have complete reciprocity.

[ February 26, 2004, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Super Nintendo ]
Super Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:53 PM   #46 (permalink)

Internets: 306
fancymeghan is a jewel in the rough fancymeghan is a jewel in the rough fancymeghan is a jewel in the rough fancymeghan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to fancymeghan Send a message via AIM to fancymeghan
Quote:
Originally posted by fancymeghan:
i start to hate republicans more and more every day.
.......not to be taken literally, you dumbass.

[ February 26, 2004, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: fancymeghan ]
fancymeghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:53 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Pliedes:
If your homosexual partner, who you've been with for 20 years, told you he/she wanted you to "pull the plug" if they were ever in such a state, but their family wanted to keep them alive, you'd have no say in what actually happens...
...and? This doesn't say anything about why the government takes it upon itself to make this decision. Maybe I'm dumb. But I don't see a connection here.

I think it might help to break it down into three cases.
1) no union
2) social union
3) marriage
Using Pli's example, in which cases would the partner have legal right? (rather than the family)

Unread 02-26-2004, 07:55 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Nintendo:
Dirty is wrong
False.
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:57 PM   #49 (permalink)

Chan, the government does not make the decision it simply tells gay people that they are not allowed to make that decision.

Unread 02-26-2004, 07:59 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Nintendo:
Dirty is wrong, it does have to do with political parties.
Except that people align with political parties because of their beliefs. So what you're saying is that it's all about people's beliefs. And thats a pretty obvious thing...