Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2008, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Default Overall Political Postings (not just about Ron Paul)

I thought this little blurp was funny, this alone shows how fucking right wing Romney is trying to be in Iowa right now:

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Republican Mitt Romney sharply criticized rival Mike Huckabee Tuesday for joking in a recent interview that President Bush has not been well versed on foreign affairs.

“I’m not sure if Mr. Huckabee meant the attack as a joke, but this is not the time to be mocking our president,” Romney said at an event in Johnston, Iowa, according to the conservative Web site Townhall.com.

Huckabee's comments came in an interview with Iowa's Quad City Times, in which a reporter asked him why, last month, he was at first unaware of a National Intelligence Estimate detailing the threat posed by Iran, despite the fact the report had been made public for several hours.

"That was released at 10 o’clock in the morning," Huckabee said. "At 5:30 in the afternoon, somebody says, ‘Have you read the report?’ Maybe I should’ve said, ‘Have you read the report?’ President Bush didn’t read it for four years; I don’t know why I should read it in four hours.”

Romney said Tuesday the comments were in 'bad taste," and lifted from the "Democratic playbook."

“It was in bad taste and I think we should recognize the great work our president is doing and not take our rhetoric or plays from the Democratic playbook," he said. "This is the kind of stuff you’d expect of the Democrats, but is certainly not something you’d expect of a presidential contender on the Republican side.”

Romney, who most polls show is locked in a dead heat with Huckabee in Iowa, has taken aim at his chief rival before for criticizing the president. Following the publication of a Foreign Affairs article in which Huckabee labeled portions of Bush's foreign policy 'arrogant,' Romney suggested Huckabee is "running in the wrong party."

"I had to look again," the former Massachusetts governor said then. "Did this come from Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton? Did it come from John Edwards? No, it was one of our own, it was Governor Huckabee."\

EDIT: I should clarify that I know Huckabee is no Republican saint, but the fact that I did like this remark from him for how liberal it sounded, and how Romney is practically regarding it as treason was interesting to me.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 01-01-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Default No IRS?

Your views for Huckabee aside, what do you guys think of his idea to abolish the IRS and enact a national sales tax? I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but I think it's pretty interesting.

The main component driving the idea is that the harder you work, the more you get taxed, which is kind of bullshit. but at the same time, there are also a lot of rich Americans making lots of money and not really doing much, and in those views I see such taxes justified.

Anways, i'd like to think it is a good idea because you'd only get taxed for what you actually buy. That being said, I don't know how that would affect the US financially. With the money you'd save from running the IRS...i mean shit, how many millions or billions does it cost to run the IRS annually? And implementing a national sales tax wouldn't really be that expensive at all....so you'd have a lot of funds open up.

What do you guys think about it? I'd like to hear GWB's view on it, as he seems to know a lot about economics and business etc.

EDIT: one concern is that the IRS has between 90,0000-115,000 employees that would suddenly be out of a job if that indeed did happen. I don't think a president has ever entirely eliminated goverment office of that size before.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 01-03-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

I approve of any method that shrinks our government. Eliminating 100,000 jobs alone saves us $5 billion, of which can (insert gasp here) be returned to the taxpaying American. They already tax the shit out of everything possible, so why do we need another tax? I'm for removing IRS and not adding a new tax. (altering taxes is alright, like installing a flat tax instead of our current system)
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lix View Post
altering taxes is alright, like installing a flat tax instead of our current system
hm, that's an interesting idea as well, are you talking about percentages though or flat monetary rate? I would have a serious problem with someone who makes a mil a year getting taxed the same dollar amount as someone who makes 20k. With the NST system it'd justify, as we can all pretty much bet the the person bringing in a million dollars a year will buy a lot more stuff than the 20k person, therefore get taxed more.

― Terence McKenna
Old 01-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with a national sales tax is that it discourages spending which is bad for the economy.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
*Dislikes ham

Internets: 60790
vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate Mormons.

Putting the sensual in non-consensual.
vaga1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

Flat tax is equal percentage for all.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Time for Rudy to hang it up? He's not hit double digits in any state and has been 5th or lower in the first 7 states. This includes a 6th place finish in Nevada, where he was polling first for the past 6 months.

Last edited by f3lix; 01-19-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Duncan Hunter drops bid, Fred Thompson hints at drop it he doesn't fare well in SC tonight.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

In the debate the other night, poor old Mitt got busted for having answers whispered into his ear. Sux...

Old 01-28-2008, 04:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

And then we have McCain...

Old 01-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
English.

Internets: 179
Heaven Can Wait has a spectacular aura about Heaven Can Wait has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Heaven Can Wait

Its ok, Obama has no chance now.

there is little I wouldn't do for a dolphin.
Heaven Can Wait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Frankly, I don't ever know what to make of stuff like that. If it were true, it would likely not come out until he took a big lead and a rival needed it to crush him. At the same time, money people will do anything to thrust themselves into the national spotlight at this is the kind of story somebody could create to do such a thing.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Spice Master

i hightly doubt it's true, and with the relatively low amount of hits it's gotten, unless the media picks up on it, which i doubt it will because of the content and the guys apparently lack of credibility except for a polygraph (which is currently being used as the premise of a show on fox, for gods sake), i doubt it will attract enough mainstream attention to sway votes.

― Terence McKenna
Old 01-28-2008, 02:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
We still believe.

Internets: 216
Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Niger Angelus

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I think this guy is just trying to get an invite on Fox News.

I enjoy knives and fire.
Niger Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
English.

Heaven Can Wait has a spectacular aura about Heaven Can Wait has a spectacular aura about

Guess I should say that i agree, I dont believe in that shit.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

could be true! and probably not! but it might be enough to fuck his campaign. I wouldn't vote for no cocksucker.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:01 AM   #18 (permalink)
English.

But would you let him fellate you?

Old 01-29-2008, 02:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Politics1.com reports that Rudy Ghouliani will quit his bid for the presidency after getting handily beat in Florida.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:39 AM   #20 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

With Rudy now out of the race and Huckabee appearing to have been a one-state wonder, I am quite relieved that the two most scary GOP candidates are now gone. Rudy's fear/warmongering tactics scared the hell out of me and Huck's Jesus Lovefest were not what I wanted to see in the white house. I hate how Romney flip/flops like Kerry and how McCain has completely changed his war position, but I'd rather see these two over the other two.

On the Dems side, when will John Edwards give up? He says it's a marathon but he's been slaughted since Iowa.

Who really has the money to move on? Huck is running dry and McCain bankrupted his own candidacy 6 months ago. Romney's pouring millions of his own cash in every month, while Paul continues to outfundraise them all.

It's all still quite interesting to me as we are one week away from quite a few answers.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

This issue is def. about establishment and control and another radio personality slams elitist ass holes.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

And then there were 6...

Barack vs. HRC

McCain vs. Romney vs. Huckabee vs. Paul
Old 02-01-2008, 03:33 AM   #23 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Old 02-01-2008, 05:37 AM   #24 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus Christ. When is Ron Paul going to drop out of this race? I'm sick and tired of the circus he calls a campaign. Paul backers seem like a bunch of Harry Potter, fantasy believers. Give me a break.

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #25 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Jesus Christ. When is Ron Paul going to drop out of this race? I'm sick and tired of the circus he calls a campaign. Paul backers seem like a bunch of Harry Potter, fantasy believers. Give me a break.
Paul will not drop until he fails to win the nomination. The GOP elects their presidential candidate with delegate votes at their national convention with is many, many months away. Paul supporters have infiltrated the system in every state and actually hold between 20-25% of the delegates so far. Sorry, Shaw, but you'll be hearing from him for a long time to come.