Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Rants

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-03-2009, 03:33 AM   #576 (permalink)
Bokononist

Internets: 11801
Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

Recently, I've had a few run-ins with people who've had miscarriages or lost a pregnancy that insist on over-dramatizing a terrible experience...

-------

One instance involved a pregnancy that was lost in the 6th month, where the would-be parents as well as extended family all took turns holding the dead baby, going through multiple clothing changes, and taking pictures of/with it...FOR THREE DAYS, in the hospital.

How was there not a single family member, let alone MEDICAL OFFICIAL that could say "not only is this morbid, but this seems downright unlawful". And to do this for three fucking days! Apalling.

-------------

Another instance. I go to a couples' house that I don't really know (the boyfriend was the brother of a visiting friend from out of town)...and as I'm getting the lay of the land, sipping a beer and looking at nearby pictures and whatnot, I nearly spill/puke my beer when I see what looks like an experiment in creating human raisins. On top of that, there turned out to be multiple pictures of what I found out to be their dead stillborn, 4 months at best.

If I ever was in a miscarriage-type situation, I wouldn't want any pictures, hell, I probably wouldn't even want to hold it, especially that early. Not only would I not want pictures, I would NEVER want them on my mantle/wall/bookshelf. No one is going to find that 'cute'. There is no way for that to not be akward. In fact, it may give them nightmares. The presence of those photos put a stigma on the whole night for me, I couldn't walk past them without feeling irked.

Ever seen Eraserhead? It was like almost one of those little nasty fucking things.

--------

Finally the last and most confusing incident involved a miscarriage after only a month...Now, when I heard that, first thing I thought was "what? that would barely be a puddle, let alone a baby. Gender isn't even established at that point." Well, it turns out that the 'parents' named 'it', and were sure to pick a name that was pretty much unisex...Jordan something. Either way, These trashy fucks ARE GETTING MATCHING TATTOOS OF THEIR BLOB'S NAME.

Stupid. Fucking Stupid. For all anyone knows, that stupid bitch could've just started her period late, and decided to name whatever the tampon caught. Shit, that could've been a ploy or pregnancy scare tactic toward the boyfriend..."You can't leave, I'm pregnant". A week later, her period starts up and..."I lost it! because of you!!".

In fact, I think the Blob got off lucky...the parents don't deserve to create life. They look like the product of generations of in-breeding already, and live accordingly. Horrid people.

----------

In Conclusion, I'm tired of these attention craving psychopaths trying to suck the sympathy out of everyone that comes around in an attempt to validate themselves as a 'real' couple that's 'had to deal with the pain of losing a child'. They're compensating for the fact that they're stupid white trash in a situation where any 'real' couple would grieve for a moment, and then try again. You know, start a family, and try having another, more alive, baby, instead of milking every last bit out of the dead or hardly-ever-existed one.

It is repulsive. And it's a situation where you can never tell someone off, as great as it would be to say, "I don't care about your failures at child-creation, and in fact, I'm offended that you felt the need to even bring that up to me, a near-stranger" or to simply crack a dead baby joke.

Fuck them and their dead babies/blobs.

How do you make a Dead Baby Float?
Two Scoops of Ice Cream, 1 Dead Baby.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Fruitacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 07:24 AM   #577 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Internets: 210144
ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

I saw an episode of Obsessed on A&E about a woman named Sharon that keeps the remnants of her miscarriage in her freezer in a brown paper bag from Dairy Queen. It was hilarious.
ninjaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 07:52 AM   #578 (permalink)
*Dislikes ham

Internets: 60790
vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute

The miscarriage probably tests better then the Dairy Queen.

Putting the sensual in non-consensual.
vaga1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #579 (permalink)
Bokononist

Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

Did you mean 'tastes' better?

If so, you're probably right.

Unread 12-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #580 (permalink)
Bokononist

A visual aid always helps:

Unread 12-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #581 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

Jesus, even worse, it has the ICP logo on the coffin.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #582 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitacious B View Post
A visual aid always helps:

Pictures like this make me believe there is a God and he does have a plan.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #583 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really running thin on patience with some of my Facebook friends. It's really draining to get on there and see an average of 3-6 people post things like "my husband is letting me watch the bachelor, i'm so lucky, he is the best ever!" or "is this really my life? i have the best wife and the most beautiful two kids. i'm sooo happy!"

Anyone remotely intelligent can see right through what these people are trying to do: convince the world, and by extension themselves, that they have the best life ever and are really happy.

It so frustrating to see right through what they're doing and not do anything about it. Never once have I posted "just won $800 in 10 minutes playing blackjack, now meeting up with the hot 21 year old I made out with at the club last night. being single rules" or "just dropped $8,000 on entry into this poker tournament. man it's sooo nice not having a nagging wife and kids. i get to do whatever i want whenever i want with my money!" only to later update it with "sweet, that gamble paid off, just won six figures now i get to go ball around the world continuing my awesomeness."

Wanna know why I've never posted those things? I don't have to. I know my life is fucking awesome and I don't need to convince anyone of that in order to know it. But more and more I'm starting to think... fuck that. Why not post that shit right in everyone's face? Why not make all the sucker fuckers I'm friends with read about my latest awesome escapade?

Now, there are people out there, lots of them, who are married or married with children. The vast majority of these people probably are just as happy with their lives as I am. How do I know this? They don't have to get on Facebook and tell everyone how happy they are. And for those people, kudos to you. We didn't exactly take the same path in life, but as long as you're happy, why should I give a shit what you're doing?

But for those who have to stuff it down my throat when I get on Facebook about how wonderful married with children life is, fuck you. Your life sucks, you screwed up and you know it. Quit lying to yourself and you might be able to find a second chance at happiness.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 12:32 AM   #584 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

I'd like to see you start posting some of those things.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 12:59 AM   #585 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

Maybe you just aren't as happy as them.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #586 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW

getting a leg cramp when you're railing a chick really sucks.
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #587 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

At the end of every motherfucking month, we have to write anywhere from 1-4 short paragraphs about each elementary student we get assigned to on how they're doing in certain areas. Reading, Listening, Grammar, Behavior, etc. It varies because each teacher rotates for elementary in the afternoon, which means on average, we're only spending about an hour and twenty minutes with each class a week. Given that part of the short 40 minute class is taken up by spelling tests, this actually comes out to a lot less.

After we turn in our comments, we give them to our "head teacher" (glorified regular teacher -- basically does more work with not much pay) who complies them into a full report with listening, speaking, reading, writing, grammar, behavior, test results altogether.

These motherfucking reports are bullshit, mainly because we have to come up with unique shit to say every month while spending a MINIMUM amount of time with these children, who range from ages 8-12 -- which basically means you can't see any real improvement in one month during which they only spend a total of 6 hours with one particular teacher. I'm giving up on the reports because they're due tomorrow because fuck it i'm tired. But as of right now I have this attached to the top of the report (which will go to the head Korean teacher and head English teacher -- it's pretty informal between all of us)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde
These literally make me borderline want to kill myself, guys. It's not the work. I don't mind the work. It's that every teacher *literally* has to pull 1000+ words out of thin air once a month with students they only see maybe 6 hours a month. 6 out of over 700 hours in the month, and we are expected to remember specifics about our meager time with each student about how their grammar is, even though because of spelling tests, we only actually spend about half the class time talking to the students. We can't even take notes during the month about the students because we don't have our comment assignments until a week before we have to do the reports, unless we take notes on every single student we have -- and then of course, who has time for that in a 40-minute class that is already packed to the brim?

Now, if we had these students for more than once class, more than once or twice a week, this might not be as big of an issue. But as it stands, we're feeding these parents completely nothing and it is about as painstaking as it gets. I'd rather do double actual real work rather than spend time making up bureaucratic nonsense once a month. I reiterate::: I'm not complaining about work. I'm complaining that this work is absolutely unnecessary filler designed for parents egoes which makes it 1000x more difficult to do and therefore highly suicide-inducing.
I don't know if i'll delete this or not before I turn it in, tomorrow is Christmas eve afterall and I don't really think it would do much good. I think i'm going to check my contract, though, and if this isn't stipulated in it I might challenge doing them monthly altogether just to make a point. I'd rather write half-full page on each student every 3 months (and have something to say) than do several paragraphs of completely made-up bullshit every month.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2010, 11:55 AM   #588 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #589 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

You've already expressed yourself through writing. You'll do the right thing and delete it before turning it in. Or alternatively you'll water its tone down significantly and then report back that you turned it in.

#YOLO
Unread 12-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #590 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache

At the very least you'll fix the grammar mistakes. You are teaching English right?

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #591 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

I like how blonde has degrees of the usage of the word "literally." If he puts two stars surrounding it, it gets literal to a personal level.

#YOLO
Unread 12-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #592 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironic Mustache View Post
At the very least you'll fix the grammar mistakes. You are teaching English right?
They'll take anybody.

#YOLO
Unread 12-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #593 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mistoffelees View Post
I like how blonde has degrees of the usage of the word "literally." If he puts two stars surrounding it, it gets literal to a personal level.
What if it's also italicized?
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #594 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

You don't want to go there.

#YOLO
Unread 12-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #595 (permalink)
Almost there...

Internets: 161638
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

Quit bitching and do your job. It's not up to you how to market the school, retain students and keep parents happy, it's your job to do what they tell you to do. Welcome to life.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #596 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache

Blonde, RA just scratched your eyes out.

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #597 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Or alternatively you'll water its tone down significantly and then report back that you turned it in.
No, I have more honor than that. You had it right the first time, i'll probably delete it, felt much better after writing all that out. What else are rants for.

Quote:
They'll take anybody.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repugnant Abomination View Post
Quit bitching and do your job. It's not up to you how to market the school, retain students and keep parents happy, it's your job to do what they tell you to do. Welcome to life.
All three are actually directly related to teachers, while not being our sole responsibility, it's up to us to continue to be white, North American, and nice -- even to dumbfuck students. One of the reasons why I hate the education system here and can't wait to leave. Not sure how it is in Taiwan but it's completely based on rote memorization and how much money the parents spend here. So many children are neglected emotionally and intellectually by their parents who never should have had kids when they did in the first place.
Unread 12-27-2010, 12:43 AM   #598 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW

As was already pointed out, I laughed when I saw "Literally" twice in the first line, particularly the second one with the stars.

Only concern, would be the mentions of suicide. This might draw negative attention your way from higher-ups and demanding counseling or something silly.
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2010, 01:19 AM   #599 (permalink)
Spice Master

yeah I didn't end up posting it. Just used past reports and rotated the comments for kids/changed vocabulary.

Suicide comment isn't like back home. Lots of things very informal here and they know i'm not mentally unstable; these guys aren't my really true friends but the dynamic is similar if you were talking informally to your buddy who got promoted to be your manager. Not really a lot of strict "Sir" shit or anything.
Unread 12-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #600 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone else invision Blonde sitting in the corner at the end of every month, crying with a bottle or red wine while doing these reports? Maybe you can, but I certainly can, and it's great!

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote