Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > The Confessional/Advice Line

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Internets: 210144
ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

Default Help me.. musically..

Forewarning: this is going to seem pretty disjointed. This is due to me being drunk. I'm sure I'll add some info to this thread when needed.

As far as music is concerned, I wouldn't consider myself well-versed in general. I have listened to a lot of different genres and era's, but I mostly stick with "alternative" music. Come to think of it, I don't really understand what altenrative means. Right now, I'm mostly exploring Electronica / Hip Hop / Turntablism / Down-tempo. It is really more of a half-assed kind of exploration. Everyone has their own taste in music but most people can agree on specific, classic songs/bands. It is those songs/bands that I feel like I am not quite in touch with. What I'm asking for is that my fellow nubblites use their collective knowledge of classic/awesome music and inform me of the bands I should know. Suggest bands and songs that any self-respecting 20-something should be familiar with.

Somewhat older bands I've heard and am somewhat well-versed with:

Queen
Metallica
AC/DC
Meatloaf
Jimi Hendrix

I promise there are more, but I am having major trouble thinking of them right now.
ninjaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

I'll drop some ideas as they come up

Doors:
L.A. Woman
Riders of the Storm
Light My Fire
Break on Through
Touch Me

Led Zeppelin:
No Quarter
Immigrant Song
Stairway to Heaven
When the Levee Breaks

Pink Floyd:
Comfortably Numb
Another Brick in the Wall
Wish you were here
Hey You

Radiohead:
Creep
Karma Police
everything is great

Foreigner, Journey, the Police, Genesis are some solid 80s rock that you grow to appreciate the more you work in a place that pipes in Muzak.

Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Rage Against the Machine, Pearl Jam are all essentials for anyone growing up in the 90s.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Internets: 1608
Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

"Queen, Metallica, AC/DC, Meatloaf, Jimi Hendrix"
Is this music you grew up on that forms the foundation of your interests...or music you currently listen too?

I was gonna post "Radiohead" in gigantic bold letters, but DDtempest pointed them out. He named some older stuff, but I personally believe that "Kid A" and "Amnesiac" (two different albums but recorded at the same time) are some of the best music ever made. Period.

Sticking with alt/rock for a moment, let me suggest two bands which are really good but complete opposites.

Interpol - "Turn on the Bright Lights" pretty much defines the NYC alt-rock sound. Think skinny ties, pharmaceuticals, and little black dresses.

The Icarus Line - "Penance Soiree" represents well the LA rock'n'roll sound. Think torn jeans, cocaine, and bright red lipstick.

Atmosphere out of Minneapolis (yes there is a hiphop scene in minnesnota) or anything off of the Rhymesayers label. Brother Ali, Sage Francis- both good hiphop artists.

As far as stuff everyone should know... Dr.Dre's "the Chronic" is a fucking great album, even today.

Throw out some other stuff you like so we can point you in the right direction.
Pliedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
Doors:
L.A. Woman
Riders of the Storm
Light My Fire
Break on Through
Touch Me

Pink Floyd:
Comfortably Numb
Another Brick in the Wall
Wish you were here
Hey You

Radiohead:
Creep
Karma Police
everything is great

the Police

Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Rage Against the Machine, Pearl Jam
I'm quite familiar with all these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliedes View Post
"Queen, Metallica, AC/DC, Meatloaf, Jimi Hendrix"
Is this music you grew up on that forms the foundation of your interests...or music you currently listen too?
Those were mostly just the sad list of examples I could come up with while drunk. I used to listen to Metallica, AC/DC, and Queen quite a bit as a kid.

Quote:
As far as stuff everyone should know... Dr.Dre's "the Chronic" is a fucking great album, even today.
This.
I am nowhere near as familiar with Dr. Dre, 2pac and the likes as I should be.

Quote:
Throw out some other stuff you like so we can point you in the right direction.
Right now I like Blockhead, Cinematic Orchestra, DJ Shadow, Against Me, Thrice, Gogol Bordello. I'll add more as I think of them.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

So really you are asking for music that you should have heard but probably didn't and likely none of us heard either?

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
I like dirt.

Internets: 2790
tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to tonguegina Send a message via AIM to tonguegina Send a message via MSN to tonguegina Send a message via Yahoo to tonguegina

Yes to all that's been posted so far.

ninja: I noticed that Interpol and Journey were left off of your "I know these" post. Very good, you should check them out if the post was not an oversight.

I'm sure you're familiar with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but I feel I need to post them just because they deserve the mention. If not, you'd probably dig their older stuff better. Check out their self-titled album, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, and One Hot Minute (which Dave Navaro played on).

It depends on the person I guess. I'm in more of a classic rock phase right now. If you like Zeppelin, I think it would only make sense to move on to Styx or maybe Jethro Tull. I like Rush and Iron Butterfly, "American Beauty" by the Grateful Dead is a classic...

My favorite of that era outside of Zeppelin would be King Crimson, though. They're a good introduction/transition to progressive bands like Dream Theater.

If you like the Police, you should check out Genesis, but more importantly Peter Gabriel's solo albums.

Since you're a Radiohead fan, I'm sure you're aware of "The Eraser" by Thom Yorke? If not, you should be.

The Cure. You'd like them.

The Beatles, obviously. I like their later, trippy stuff better.

Autechre if you're exploring electronica.

I think of everything that I am suggesting, Muse might be your favorite. I call it apocalyptic rock. It's like Radiohead, but more aggressive, maybe? Definitely harder than Radiohead, I think you'd like them. Start with Absolution, that's been their most commercially successful.

I feel like I'm just naming bands here. I tossed out a bunch of lines to see if I could get a nibble. See anything that you like?
tonguegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonguegina View Post
Yes to all that's been posted so far.
I think of everything that I am suggesting, Muse might be your favorite. I call it apocalyptic rock. It's like Radiohead, but more aggressive, maybe? Definitely harder than Radiohead, I think you'd like them. Start with Absolution, that's been their most commercially successful.
THIS!

If you're just looking for a taste, download the song "stockholm syndrome".
Old 01-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
So really you are asking for music that you should have heard but probably didn't and likely none of us heard either?
I believe he's asking for music he should have heard, but didn't, and that we should have heard, and did.

As far as the "great" rap albums go...

NWA - "Straight Outta Compton"
Nas - "Illmatic"
Notorious BIG - "Ready to Die" and "Life After Death"

Uh, so those all start with the n-letter. Not important, just saying...

And I must point out my favorite hiphop album, ever.

Blackstar - "Blackstar" This is a collabortive ablum from Mos Def and Talib Kweli. Both men are amazing lyricists and their music tries to go beyond the 'killing bitches, thug life' standard of most rap music. Mos Def's early stuff is fantastic...later on he tried to do some rock/rap stuff- avoid that shit like the plague. Pretty much everything Talib Kweli has done is really good.

I know this might sound a little obvious, but try downloading some "best of..." albums to get an idea for what part of an artist's career you like, then go for those albums.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 282947
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 153860
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Do a torrent search for 'top 680 hip hop songs'
May be best for you to post what you have, do this.

Open command prompt and enter this
dir /s /b " C:\Users\me\my music" > mymusic.txt
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
Do a torrent search for 'top 680 hip hop songs'
May be best for you to post what you have, do this.

Open command prompt and enter this
dir /s /b " C:\Users\me\my music" > mymusic.txt
I don't have a txt file by that name.

But anyhow, tonguegina, I just finished downloading some Interpol and Journey. Right now I'm acquiring Styx, Peter Gabriel and Jethro Tull. I am definitely aware of RHCP. I'd think it a sin for someone of my age not to be. I am also very familar with radiohead. The Cure... I've heard several songs form them. They are O.K. in my book. I may need to investigate them a bit more as per your suggestion. Autechre iw ill have to check out some time,... and as far as the Beatles go, I'm sorry, but I'm not very into the Beatles. But, the cause of that could be that I have not investigated them. Muse is a band I'm pretty familiar with.

Pliedes, the rap will have to wait until tomorrow, but I definitely appreciate the suggestions. I will check them out for sure.

As a side note, thanks for the suggestions and help so far. Really.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
I like dirt.

Internets: 2790
tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to tonguegina Send a message via AIM to tonguegina Send a message via MSN to tonguegina Send a message via Yahoo to tonguegina

I think the best way to get into The Cure is to listen to Disintegration over and over sometime that you're depressed, then go from there.

I wasn't into The Beatles myself until four or five years ago when I discovered their later, less poppy stuff...Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour, Let it Be, and Abbey Road are some of the greatest albums ever.
tonguegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
1 thing leads to another.

Internets: -2654
AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts

Radiohead, Kid A--was album that made me decide to start listening to music. The following albums are ones that I have personally enjoyed a lot...i say it took at least 3-4 weeks of listening to them before I'd get sick of em.

Radiohead - Kid A
coldplay - Parachutes
Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Gorillaz - Demon Days
My Morning Jacket - Z
Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
Sigur Ros - ()
Ted Leo & the Pharmacists - Shake the Sheets

thats enough.

3:o) horned creatures...wat wat
Old 01-31-2009, 01:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

nobody mentioned Incubus, you must know early incubus.

#YOLO
Old 01-31-2009, 05:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Internets: 55974
BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEINCREDIBLEdork View Post
nobody mentioned Incubus, you must know early incubus.
Yes, saw them at White River in Indy.. awesome show.

I'm a jam band fan, probably not your genre of music. If you get into long instrumentals and in general awesome music, check out Phish.

I'm not a rap fan by any means but I love hip-hop and reggae. Mos Def is amazing if you're into hip-hop... check him out. Even better but wouldn't call him a straight hip-hop artist is Citizen Cope:
Bullet and a Target
Let the Drummer Kick That
Pablo Picasso

Another great hip-hop artist is The Roots. Probably my favorite actually, really cool style of music.

Reggae wise there is a guy called Matisyahu who is unfuckingbelieveable. He is a jewish Reggae artist who used to be a deadhead. Check out Time of your song and King without a crown, two of my favorite songs to date.

You like alternative, have to like 311 hell of a band and put on a great live concert.

Classic wise look into Bob Seger, Bob Dylan, and probably my favorite classic band Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Techno wise:
Daft Punk... awesome

Tongue mentioned RHCP, personally I think By The Way is by far their best album. Download The Zephyr Song, my favorite chili peppers song.

I'd throw Dave Matthews Band out there but I'm doubting you'd be into it. Plus everybody would jump all over me.

Kinda rantish I know, but was just coming up with stuff randomly off the top of my head.

There's life and then there is Cubs baseball, it's a chore to seperate the two.

Last edited by BigDongedHoe; 01-31-2009 at 05:44 PM.
BigDongedHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
1 thing leads to another.

Internets: -2654
AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts

if you like jam bands..check out The String Cheese Incident if you have not.

3:o) horned creatures...wat wat
Old 01-31-2009, 06:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcTivE View Post
if you like jam bands..check out The String Cheese Incident if you have not.
THIS, +internets.

Active check out Yonder Mountain String Band... I like them even better then String Cheese

Old 01-31-2009, 08:35 PM   #18 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDongedHoe View Post

Classic wise look into Bob Seger, Bob Dylan, and probably my favorite classic band Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Techno wise:
Daft Punk... awesome

God Bless you my friend!!!!

I would venture to say the "Good Metallica" is now classic. Also, I would add The Who, AC/DC, and Heart, who had some good shit. I've been delving into more Quiet Riot lately. I love their stuff. Also, Queen is a no brainer, even thought they enjoyed each other more then we enjoy their high pitch voices.

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:08 AM   #19 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 247091
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

Quote:
I believe he's asking for music he should have heard, but didn't, and that we should have heard, and did.

As far as the "great" rap albums go...

NWA - "Straight Outta Compton"
Nas - "Illmatic"
Notorious BIG - "Ready to Die" and "Life After Death"

Uh, so those all start with the n-letter. Not important, just saying...

And I must point out my favorite hiphop album, ever.

Blackstar - "Blackstar" This is a collabortive ablum from Mos Def and Talib Kweli. Both men are amazing lyricists and their music tries to go beyond the 'killing bitches, thug life' standard of most rap music. Mos Def's early stuff is fantastic...later on he tried to do some rock/rap stuff- avoid that shit like the plague. Pretty much everything Talib Kweli has done is really good.

I know this might sound a little obvious, but try downloading some "best of..." albums to get an idea for what part of an artist's career you like, then go for those albums.
More "Great" Rap albums:
Dr Dre: "The Chronic" and "2001"
Wu-Tang Clan: "Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)"
Snoop Dogg: "Doggystyle"

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

Internets: 6603
St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite band,

Alice in Chains
"Nutshell"
"Down in a hole"
"Would?"

Some others:

The Allman Brothers, Gov't Mule, Kings of Leon, Stone Temple Pilots, Ben Harper, The Cure, Tonic, Candlebox (the last few just to fuel your alternative soul)

... and i'd like to troll a bit if I could. For those of you who suggested The Doors, shame on you. Jim Morrison was a drunken buffoon. The only reason they had such a rise to fame is because of his "sex symbol" status. The modern day equivalent of Justin Timberlake. The man can't even hold a note.

Last edited by St. Anky; 02-02-2009 at 11:09 PM.
St. Anky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

I love Justin Timberlake!

#YOLO
Old 02-03-2009, 12:51 AM   #22 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Anky View Post
My favorite band,

... and i'd like to troll a bit if I could. For those of you who suggested The Doors, shame on you. Jim Morrison was a drunken buffoon. The only reason they had such a rise to fame is because of his "sex symbol" status. The modern day equivalent of Justin Timberlake. The man can't even hold a note.
Disagree, not strongly.... but the man was nothing close to a Justin Timberlake. Morrison did an amazing amount of drugs which was inspired in his music. I'm pretty sure Timberlake isn't taking Acid and writing songs.

A lot of people rag on Dylan for having a horrible voice (which he does) but he's still one of my favorites. Quite possibly the best song writer of all-time.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #23 (permalink)

Internets: 6603
St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDongedHoe View Post
Disagree, not strongly.... but the man was nothing close to a Justin Timberlake. Morrison did an amazing amount of drugs which was inspired in his music. I'm pretty sure Timberlake isn't taking Acid and writing songs.

A lot of people rag on Dylan for having a horrible voice (which he does) but he's still one of my favorites. Quite possibly the best song writer of all-time.
Search youtube for lsd army
And, during Morrison's age everyone was doing acid. That didn't mean he knew a damn thing about writing a good song
St. Anky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Anky View Post
Search youtube for lsd army
And, during Morrison's age everyone was doing acid.
I think you're stereotyping that time pretty badly, not "everyone" was doing acid.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

ninjaface you would like the Talking Heads.

#YOLO