Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > General Chat

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-15-2004, 02:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
1 thing leads to another.

Internets: -2654
AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts
just found out how to mix songs...sort of. roomate is music major, and was doing it for a while.

anyway, it's badass. listen now, and submit songs that would sound cool

3:o) horned creatures...wat wat
Unread 01-20-2004, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Internets: 10
drumkideric is on a distinguished road
mixing songs isn't something you just learn in a day....it's an art
drumkideric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2004, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Internets: 1608
Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Then Eric, why don't you submit some of your art.
Pliedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2004, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts
yea fucker, submit some art

i learned it in about 2minutes, but i am also a genius

Unread 01-20-2004, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future Pliedes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by AcTivE:
i am also a genius
He speaks the truth.
Unread 01-21-2004, 12:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

Kevin has already posted one of his songs that I mixed and mastered on here. I'm not by any means a professional recording engineer, but I do know that you can't just learn how to mix in 2 minutes. It takes lots of time and effort to create the perfect mix and stereo image of a song. I don't have any of my work ready to post on here, but I will put some up some time.

Rock On
Unread 01-21-2004, 12:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

Location: that one place...you know, with the fire and damnation? oh yeh, hell.
the Butcher is on a distinguished road
Maybe you don't have any work to put up becuase you can't actually write songs. That is much more of a skill than learning how to make shit sound good. Mixing tracks is not at all an art form, it's a technique you learn.

meet me at the corner of 5th and pontiac. and make sure that no one else is with you, if you wish to see them alive again.
the Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2004, 12:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

Did I say I can write songs. I know I can't write songs. Mixing does involve various techniques but creating a image of a song is an art. Even David Franz classifies mixing as an art in the book he wrote.

Rock On
Unread 01-21-2004, 12:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Accually, I do have a rough mix with no bass guitar that I recorded awhile ago up on my studios website. http://home.insightbb.com/~rsgreen/

Rock On
Unread 01-21-2004, 01:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

i mix(ed) music live, and i learned it in 2 minutes

Unread 01-21-2004, 07:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

you can say you learned the basics in 2 minutes, but to be able to do it well and get the perfect sound takes time to learn...especially when you do it for a cd

Rock On
Unread 01-21-2004, 08:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

Eric, I think you and Active are speaking of two different things.
Unread 01-21-2004, 10:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

yea we are. to someone who isn't really experienced with mixing--it can be easily confused... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Unread 01-22-2004, 11:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

Mixing live and recording are both an art that takes time to learn. I highly doubt you know as much as me about engineering live and recording.

Rock On
Unread 01-23-2004, 01:19 AM   #15 (permalink)

Wow, you know a lot about mixing and recording? That's really neat, though I bet you couldn't eq a live mixer to save your life, or throwdown with a real dj anyday.

Of course you should be good at some of that shit. I'm sure we all would if our parents had bought us a shitload of expensive equitment.
Unread 01-23-2004, 01:33 AM   #16 (permalink)

I know I can eq a live mixer better that you ever will. My parents help me out because they belive in me, so fuck you.

Rock On
Unread 01-23-2004, 02:10 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by drumkideric:
I know I can eq a live mixer better that you ever will. My parents help me out because they belive in me
My parents believe in me, but I've been supporting myself for 4 years now... that's odd.

Really? How many live sound situations have you been in? I'm talking about experience outside of a basement (because, as you obviously know the enviroment is most of the shebang when you're working with a live soundboard).

I find it humorous that you feel the need to somehow prove you're superior to everyone at sound applications, as you've demonstrated by commiting every post you've made on nubblies to the subject. Why is that?

Quote:
so fuck you.
Now was that necessary?
Unread 01-23-2004, 02:14 AM   #18 (permalink)

Real quick, if you don't need to prove you're somehow better than everyone at "mixing", then just go ahead and stop posting now. If you do feel the need to, keep posting, and I'll stop.
Unread 01-23-2004, 02:17 AM   #19 (permalink)

That last post applies to your brother too.
Unread 01-23-2004, 02:17 AM   #20 (permalink)

i don't need my parents to support me in order for me to believe i can do something

i can wipe my own ass now too though...

Unread 01-23-2004, 02:23 AM   #21 (permalink)

Let's see pliedes, your alot older than me so of course you have been supportng yourself for a few years. I have been in numerous sound situations before. I never said that I was a professional at doing sound or anything, but I'm no rookie. I have been just trying to get my point across that mixing is an art and that that you just can learn everything about it in 2 minutes.

[ January 22, 2004, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Bastard ]

Rock On
Unread 01-23-2004, 02:25 AM   #22 (permalink)

I said my parents believe in me so they help me out. If they did't help me out I would still be doing what I'm doing.

Rock On
Unread 01-23-2004, 02:27 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
that you just can learn everything about it in 2 minutes.
Unread 01-23-2004, 02:31 AM   #24 (permalink)

Kevin is on a distinguished road
Is it necessary when you say "fuck" all the time on here Pliedes? Of course not. Anyhow, ever since you've been in the band Seraphim, you've been an asshole... I don't take into consideration too much of anything you have to say because your full of it most of the time. It's funny that we were best friends at one time. Your Parent's believe in you, which is awesome... my Parent's decide to support us in a different way than yours. Yes, Eric does know a lot about sound, that's what he's going to be doing for the rest of his life. Mixing is not easy whatsoever, and he was just defending that because of the first post that Active had. Even if your Parent's helped you with equipment that doesn't mean that you'd be good with the recording world. Just like you could give everyone a good guitar, but it doesn't mean they would all be amazing at playing. Jerk.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2004, 02:39 AM   #25 (permalink)

Titan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Anyhow, ever since you've been in the band Seraphim, you've been an asshole...
Actually, he was born that way. It must have been genetic or something. Although I guess it could have been because the doctor dropped him on his medulla oblongata. I'm guessing he came out of his mom as an asshole... Huh, that's a fun mental image... a giant asshole coming out of a vagina.

[ January 22, 2004, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: Titan ]

I do what the fuck I want.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote