Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > General Chat

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-27-2003, 03:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

Internets: 10
musickid is on a distinguished road

I'm glad you agree with me about the judges giving perfect tens. Rest of your post was just shit and didn't even need to be posted.
musickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2003, 03:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
We still believe.

Internets: 216
Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Niger Angelus

The fact that you think your opinoin matters is shit. But that is ok. I will just disregard your harsh comments and try not to take my life. Newbie bitch.
Niger Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2003, 05:03 PM   #28 (permalink)

the_butcher is on a distinguished road

I will also agree with the fact that perfect tens shouldn't be given to any bands. Unless that band is Zeppelin, nope, shouldn't happen. But with the scores that the judges were giving, it doesn't seem like perfect was really that different, if you can see what I mean.

But I disagree musickid, with what you said about screaming. Niger Angelus, I completely agree with you. When I screamed during our last song, granted I'm not very good at it, it brought out an emotion in me that I have never, I repeat NEVER felt while playing music. You may think it doesn't take much talent and that it isn't emotional, but I recall you also said that finger-tapping isn't hard and nothing to be proud of. Again, I can't do it and I'm sure a lot of other people can't either.

Thanks to everyone who came out last Friday. With the exception of the few who didn't like it, it was a rocking show.

-the_butcher
the_butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2003, 09:25 PM   #29 (permalink)

Titan is on a distinguished road

I personally wish I could have been at the showl
I heard you guys played a rockin' ass set.
Next time I get home I'd like to see some video footage from said event.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2003, 09:48 PM   #30 (permalink)

ok is on a distinguished road

Niger Angelus, in an all punk scene of Warsaw I consider my band new and different. If you don't like that please feel free to suck my penis.
And I can't wait until we can prove you wrong with your statement "they wont get anywhere".
It's people like you that keep us moving on, just to prove you wrong.

[This message has been edited by ok (edited April 27, 2003).]
ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2003, 10:02 PM   #31 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

ok -

What if I were to just kick the everloving shit out you?

you fairy.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Harry (edited April 27, 2003).]
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2003, 10:08 PM   #32 (permalink)

bleed black is on a distinguished road

i have one thing i want to say to 'musickid'...
ok first of all you made it perfectly clear ur not "punk"..ok thats nice,so stop fucking ragging on anyone who is! and just cuz we like punk music and had fun at the show doesnt mean that we only listen to punk..i did like ivy league, one of my friends is in the band. but your fucking acting like its the end of the world cuz they didnt win. well they didnt so fucking get over it.

im sorry but i personally had fun moshing and listening to ALL the different bands..i was open minded and gave everyone a chance even if i didnt like that music.

the band i wanted to win didnt, but u dont hear me ragging on every one do you? no...cuz i understand that people have different tastes in music, and apparently yours and the judges were not the same.
bleed black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2003, 10:29 PM   #33 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

"I was open minded"
"I am open minded"
"Unlike you, I'm open minded"

Fuck off.

You may not be ragging on all the bands, but it sure sounds like you're raggin.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Harry (edited April 27, 2003).]
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 01:21 AM   #34 (permalink)
We still believe.

Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about Niger Angelus has a spectacular aura about

Ok-
Would you like me to slit your throat, cut off your penis with your own hand, and stick it in your gaping wound? Then proceed to remove your testicles with tweezers, the tool of choice, and replace your eyeballs with them?
Unread 04-28-2003, 01:32 AM   #35 (permalink)
pliedes

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by musickid:
Maybe the judges were stupid period, because like Titan said, and I quote, "YMCA + Music = What the fuck!?". That says it all right there. Good work.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're going to have to go ahead and agree with this statement, then realize that this is the same situation (ymca/'bad' judges) that picked YOU as the winner of the 3rd Battle of the Bands last year. Granted, different judges, but still, twas the ymca and bad judges.

Unread 04-28-2003, 12:29 PM   #36 (permalink)

I still believe that the YMCA doens't know anything about music... but I think who won the 3rd one was infact the people that should of, bad judges or not... that's also my opinion.
Unread 04-28-2003, 02:10 PM   #37 (permalink)

I agree, he should have won.

But you also have to take into consideration that he probably wouldn't have if the crowd (me and pliedes included) had not been screaming their heads off for him... hmmm... crowd participation anyone?
Unread 04-28-2003, 06:34 PM   #38 (permalink)

Combat Chuck is on a distinguished road

Wow. This just turned into newbie central. In order to get more traffic to this board, I am now going to rag on EVERY SINGLE MUSIC STYLE EVER CREATED.

First off, bluegrass....

Anyway, I wish that I could have seen this show. From what alot of people have said, it was a rocking show. I also wish that I could have added to the band list....since I wasn't able to be there, my band Barefoot At The Opera wasn't able to play. Maybe we could have added a little bit more diversity in musical picks and such. But still, glad to hear that it was a good night.

Musickid, I'm really not going to say anything, since I talk to you every day, but the thing is, I was talking to Titan after the high school Battle Of The Bands, and he gave me the same advice that he gave you.

And it's really really good advice.

Take that into account. When the music that you are playing is something you believe in, and all the rest is crap in your opinion, of course you're going to be pissed. But then again, the YMCA judges aren't going to have the same opinion as you.

One thing that I was kinda pissed off about was the whole prize thing. Now, don't anyone dare say that I am in this for the money, or the prizes, because I am NOT, but it seemed a bit lopsided when I heard that A Thousand Seasons took home $200 after getting first place.

Thing is, when we won the 3rd BotB at the Y, we took home a ukelele (that's kinda...well, it's crap), and music writing sheets. I think the most expensive thing that we got was....I don't know, a guitar stand.

Just seems a little lopsided. Whatever. I'm not seething with rage right now, far from it, just feeling kinda cheated.
Combat Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 09:26 PM   #39 (permalink)

victim is on a distinguished road

I thought about this a bit today... and I realized what the problem might be. Now this might be a bit off, and I'm sure it's going to bring down another bit o' flaming ignorance from the punkers, but I'm pissed off about all this bitching and I'm sleep deprived.

I've decided that it's Corporate Circus's fault that the Warsaw scene has turned into pile of shitty punk bands, just waiting to roll over on it's back and die. It's all there fucking fault that you stupid kids all think that you can be popular by playing punk music, or even become famous. They've filled your heads with pipe dreams (ha ha... pipe) and shitty lyrics.

I'm already expecting you punkers to either denounce CC or express your respect for them, but either way, I think you need to just admit that at one level or another, they're responsible for your band's existance. Then you need to shut the fuck up, get over it, and find something original and interesting to do with your supposed musical talents.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 09:42 PM   #40 (permalink)

Wow, that's really something that honestly never crossed my mind. I don't know how true it may be, but it very well makes sense. Peace.
Unread 04-28-2003, 10:19 PM   #41 (permalink)

Yeah Chuck... seriously... all Seraphim got from winning the 1st Y BotB was like two shitty-ass gold karaoke mics and $35 towards recording with Tim Bushong. I don't remember what they won for the 2nd one, but it was shittier, believe you me... or maybe the gold mics were the 2nd prize... who knows... but yeah... and your prizes sucked even more, and then A Thousand Seasons gets fucking $200?? That's just fucking ridiculous. They are quite the lucky bastards. Seraphim just won $200 from Purdue's BotB, and that's fucking PURDUE. (Cheap as all hell bastards). I don't know how the Y found that kind of cash. Fucking psycho fundamentalist asswhipes.
Unread 04-28-2003, 10:23 PM   #42 (permalink)

They charged I'm pretty sure $8 a person unless you were a Y member, then it was $6 I think...
Unread 04-28-2003, 10:30 PM   #43 (permalink)

OH MY GOD.
That is almsot as ridiculous than the guy from Senter Stage expecting to get people at his show for $6 and two bands the night after the Greatest Rock Show on Earth which was $5 for 5 bands. Fucking moron.
Unread 04-28-2003, 10:53 PM   #44 (permalink)

goatfucker is on a distinguished road

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE WHO GIVES A MOTHERFUCKER

all punk music fucking blows royal ass nobody likes it and anybody that listens to it is high off their mother fucking ass or getting fucked up their gay asses cuz there gay and they like it like that

FUCKING FAGGOTS!!!

listen to some real music you peaces of shit GOD DAMN

the YMCA is about as gay as your grandmother and the bearded lady. anybody can play punk music cuz it's so fucking easy i can't even play guitar and i could play better punk music

ingsoc fucking SUCKS ASS i saw them at the warsaw battle they BLOW GIANT SHIT HOLES

fuck corporate circus too they are a bunch of pansy ass wannabes who think they are the shit but are really just shit

FUCK PUNK MUSIC AND DONT QUIT YOUR DAY JOBS
goatfucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 11:44 PM   #45 (permalink)

Thrice_underground is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Thrice_underground Send a message via AIM to Thrice_underground

ok I just have a few ?s everyone says the "scene" has become only punk and it sucks etc.
what i don't understand is as far as i know almost all music types are represented
maybe NOT at the same shows but all in there own places

but even at the Y we had a rapper, then some crapy emo/punk band, then rock, then hardcore and lastly punk
5 types for one show doesn’t seem that bad
also i don't know if you can call rap part of the music scene BUT they have ppl come in at Senter Stage(the matrix) and have open mic. for local rappers.

also they have metal shows there
bands like hangnail and deaf chamber play often

at the turning point they have hardcore, emo, rock, and punks shows (thanks partly to the_butcher)

also if you like butt rock or county
they have had those types of shows at the center lake pavilion several months in a row. and if you are over 21 they have them at hoggles and rex's every Friday

every summer there is the pro life fest if you like christian pop and rock

venues near warsaw at like the post or the firehouse they have every type of music represented

and yes the music scene in warsaw has seen better days but there are a lot of ppl trying and not just sitting at there computer bitching about it
you can help the scene come back better than every by not shitting every new local band and by showing up to every show you can and trying to support the local music and in turn will help the whole scene...
Thrice_underground is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2003, 11:52 PM   #46 (permalink)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thrice_underground:
you can help the scene come back better than every by... by showing up to every show you can<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mayday II
May 9th
6:30 pm
Warsaw Fairgrounds
$5.00

[Ahem.]
Brittany Kusserow
The Ivy League
Ingsoc
A Thousand Seasons
Seraphim
Adison
Corporate Circus
Sonorus
Barefoot at the Opera

Unread 04-28-2003, 11:59 PM   #47 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Thrice_underground Send a message via AIM to Thrice_underground

Thanks i did'nt know the info for that show
now i do thanks

Unread 04-29-2003, 12:00 AM   #48 (permalink)
We still believe.

Yay. I have something to do now. I say if you wear your nubblites shirt you get in for $2.
Unread 04-29-2003, 12:03 AM   #49 (permalink)

I say that too, but you'll have to take that out with SSU.
Unread 04-29-2003, 12:06 AM   #50 (permalink)

do you know if there haveing it in the stupid pig barn again?
did you go last year?