Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Crazy Stuff > I'm Right, Fuck You

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-03-2004, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo
It can be said without argument that some of the funniest commercials in the past few years have been those promoting beer (in particular, Budweiser beer). Recently, however, another beer has been producing some commercials that inspire laughs. With its ads focused on making fun of Budweister with comedy while still pumping their own product, the folds over at Miller have been making fine advertisements as of late.

Now I'm not making this thread to argue legacy, the winner of that contest is undoubtedly Bud. Hell, with the frogs...to the collection ot wassup commericals...to the recent series spun off from the "Mr. Footlong Hotdog Inventor" commerical, the contest of legacy isn't a contest a'tall.

With its recent onslaught of comedy, however, Miller has been challenging the King of Beers for the title of "Best Beer Commercials." Coming into the scene with the Miller Catfight Girls (not really funny...but hot chicks, nonetheless), and furthering its name with the recent commercials portraying a young lady "breaking up" with Budweiser to have a relationship with Miller, their commercials have an outlook make of gold.

The mentioned commercials of Miller have been good, yes, but certainly not enough to inspire a thread like this. During the first half of the Georgia Tech/Oklahoma St. game; however, I witnessed one of the funniest, most clever commercials that I've seen in all of my time. The commercial showed a man at a podium, an atmosphere suggesting a political campaign, pushing Miller to oust the Beer Monocracy (along with the King of Beers), to being a Beer Democracy (with itself being named the President of Beers). Now that's hilarious.

That said, how do you feel about the upcoming battle of the commercials? Which company will come out on top? I think it's inevitable that Budweiser will soon begin focusing their ads against Miller...and I'm hoping it leads to a hilarious display for all to enjoy.

Some of the current Budweiser commercials can be viewed here.

Some of the current Miller commercials can be viewed here.

Which company do you think will end up on top?
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2004, 10:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Orgazmo:
Which company do you think will end up on top?
Regardless of how good their commercials are for one of their products. The Annheiser-Busch company will never be worth less than the Miller Brewing Company. They've got their hands in a lot of shit (Kraft, etc).

With that being said, Miller's commercials are funnier than Bud's at this moment in time. But, as we've seen in the past, things change. I'd give it a few months for these commercials to get old, and things will go back to normal.

I'll tell you what I think the funniest beer commercials are: The Miller High Life commercials. Now those are hilarious, with that one dude that always narrates them. Love it. LOVE IT. Okay...sorry.

-Ugly Bastard
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2004, 10:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo
The "which will come out on top" question was in regards to commercial quality...not financial success, or anything of the like.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2004, 01:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
1 thing leads to another.

Internets: -2654
AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts AcTivE is infamous around these parts
Miller Lite is cool...all of the 'King' commercials are funny.

3:o) horned creatures...wat wat
Unread 04-05-2004, 01:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs
The Miller high life commercials are the best beer commercials
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote