Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Crazy Stuff > Shit Talking Central

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-08-2003, 01:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bokononist

Internets: 11801
Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs down

Lately there has been a total cease in the ammount of shit talking here. With that in mind, I am going to try to open the probably already once discussed topic of Tiger Football. With that here are a few of my views.

#1. Relevant? No. Tiger Football has been proven to be good for only a few things; an excuse to get out of the house, a place to possibly meet chicks from other schools, and lastly it is a good place to make fun of people on the field (coaches, players, refs, funny looking cheerleaders, etc.). Tiger Football's only purpose is to serve as revenue used to pay for basketball and so on and so forth.

#2. Productive? Again, No. How many sectional championships have been earned in the name of Tiger Honor? Enough said.

#3 Funny? Hell yes. Seeing how serious Jensen and many of the people around the school take it is one of the funniest sights of the year. It must suck to dedicate so much to a losing franchise (only term to come to mind). At least we beat Wawasee...

Please don't misinterperet what I've said here. I am not directly bashing all of the people involved in the Tiger Football program, most of them, but not all. I know some good people involved in Football, but just a few.

All in all, Tiger Football has proven itself to be athletically inferior to the competition year after year. The way i see it, if Brad Seiss couldn't do it, then it's basically no hope. In short, Tiger Football sucks salty warthog testicles.

I know there has to be some football players that will hopefully get something going here, because there needs to be some shit talking. Im challenging the entirety of the Tiger Football Program to defend their stance. Bring it.

[img]graemlins/apepissright.gif[/img] Tiger Football [img]graemlins/apepissleft.gif[/img]

[ July 07, 2003, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Fruitacious B ]

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Fruitacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2003, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty damn impartial either way here, but I'll play devil's advocate with ya.

Firstly, you say that Tiger Football is irrelevant simply because you say it is. Well, based on your logic that you used of why it is irrelevant, you could also say that Volleyball, Basketball, Tennis, Soccer, Baseball, and Wrestling are irrelevant too; so why just stop at football?

Secondly, you say that simply because they have not won any Sectional Championships, they are completely un-productive. Apparantly being ranked as one of the Top 10 football programs in the state for a few years running now isn't enough to consider them as a productive unit?! Take a look at all of the kids from Warsaw who have gotten football scholarships, or even fat kids who used football as a means to get in shape...how could you say that it is un-productive now? Winning sectionals is not the only defining element of production.

Thirdly, you say that it is funny. Well, this is a pretty subjective arguement...so I can't really shoot down your own opinion too easily.

In total, to say that Tiger Football is pointless may not be entirely false...but when you use the arguements that you did, it is more than false. Come back with a voice of reason, and maybe people will start to side with you, Fruit.

-Ugly Bastard
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2003, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Internets: 10
ATMSKATER is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ATMSKATER
fruit i agree football is a very funny sport and i agree with everything you said so i guess now you hav someone to back you up like this dude said so i guess you are the right now not him
ATMSKATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2003, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think it's pointless, at all.

I do think it's shit how football and basketball basically overshadow every other sport at the school, but I'm not going to bitch about it b/c it's been like that for years and probably always will.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2003, 05:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ish...

silver and cold is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to silver and cold
Personally, I would play the sport, if I was a guy, but I'm not so I don't. I do think its gay as fuck how the whole school is like oh football!
I mean its cool to be interseted in a sport, but not to worship the whole fucking Tiger football team, like 85% of the school does.I also think they are WAY to wraped up in basketball. Don't get me wrong, both cool sports and all, but my lord, nothing to get obsessed over. If you play it yeah, I'd say you can be obsessed, but have are town, would stop dead just for a football of basket ball game. Sure, they are fun sometimes, but when everyone is like you MUST go or your so horrible and have no pride for your school.

There is a differance between sport and insanity! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

the killer in me is the killer in you.
silver and cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2003, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

fat_retard is on a distinguished road
I agree, people seem to mildly idolize the football players and they get too much recognition and praise for something that is fairly unimportant.
fat_retard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2003, 01:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Bokononist

Internets: 11801
Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

Good points UB, I especially like the bold on one specific sport. Good work.

Almost any team with nice enough equipment or facilities can be in the top ten programs. Any one can assume that Penn and Jimtown will be ranked as some of the top football teams and programs in the state, that's because they have the history to back it up. As far as team rankings go, Warsaw doesn't have a lot to show. I know that a few years back, we were like in the top 15 or so in the state, but we still didn't get past sectionals.

As far as fat kids trying to get skinny. Football wasn't just an outlet for that. There seems to be a hope in a lot of guys hearts that a football jersey will make them more socially acceptable. Not many fat people join football as a means to just get in shape, if they wanted to just get in shape, they'd run cross country.

Scholarships. It's a good thing that at least that much good has come to select few fortunate football players. Hell, there better be some people getting scholarships, they have enough people on the team. That brings me to my next point.

There seem to be no cuts in football, that's silly. That means that any joe shmoe could go play football. It removes the sense of accomplishment. The feeling that you had what it took to be one of the select few to represent your school in that sport. Maybe that's not such a big deal to a lot of people though. It also gives very little game time to a lot of well deserving athletes.

I hope that seems a little more valid even though all of it is just my dorky opinion. It makes sense though.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Fruitacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2003, 03:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

buckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Fruitacious B:

#1. Relevant? No. Tiger Football has been proven to be good for only a few things; an excuse to get out of the house, a place to possibly meet chicks from other schools, and lastly it is a good place to make fun of people on the field (coaches, players, refs, funny looking cheerleaders, etc.). Tiger Football's only purpose is to serve as revenue used to pay for basketball and so on and so forth.

Relevant you fairy fuck? Hell yeah it is, who are you to gauge just how relevant anything is if you've never experienced it before. I've been through 4 years of football and I can honestly say that all of the aforementioned stereotypes do not apply whatsoever to tiger football. Let me tell you pussy just what good has come from tiger football.

Firstly Coach Jenson isn’t your a-typical coach, who just cares about winning or losing, he builds his program and players on dignity, and class. You'll never see his players talk shit, "make fun of people,” or make cheap shots. If you do, you'll see them pulled from the game and sidelined...

Secondly let me go ahead and explain what I’ve gained from my 4 years. Firstly I was taught how to work hard, and just how much hard work is required even to accomplish the smallest of things. It was something I could apply in the weight room, and in the swimming pool, and I’ve benefited greatly from it. After I snap you in half for your pussy little remarks you'll come to realize one of the other benefits I got from football.... muscle.

Lastly, the reason why most people play football is because they love to play it shitface. My friend and I could've very easily bypassed football and stuck with swimming year round (which would've benefited us greatly), but we came back for one simple reason, we love to play football. If you ask anyone on the team that reflects what Coach Jenson's program is all about I think you'd find the same response.

Quote:

#2. Productive? Again, No. How many sectional championships have been earned in the name of Tiger Honor? Enough said.

How productive has any other sport been when they've had to play schools just as big as they are? Yep that’s right bitch, hardly productive at all, the reality is that Warsaw doesn't stack up to any other school the same size as us when it comes down to athletics.

Quote:

#3 Funny? Hell yes. Seeing how serious Jensen and many of the people around the school take it is one of the funniest sights of the year. It must suck to dedicate so much to a losing franchise (only term to come to mind). At least we beat Wawasee...

You've obviously never played any sports before in your life, or if you have hardly at all, and you must've been one damn good bench warmer. There isn’t a sport out there that you can’t take seriously and be successful at. If you look at any other school more successful than us, no matter the sport, you'll find their level of intensity far exceeds ours. Maybe if we worked as hard, and took our sports as serious as them we'd be just as good. But the fact remains that there are too many cum-guzzlers like you that'd rather take the easy way out, and sit back and jeer the ones that do try. I have no respect for people like you because you lack the mentality, the work ethic, and the balls to even try what we are attempting. One of the things Coach Jenson told us was that there would always be spineless pieces of shit like you, that'd laugh at what we're trying to do, and gloat when we fail.

But don’t worry Fruity B I’m not misinterpreting anything because no matter who you are in relation to tiger football, you've got every right to be pissed since Tiger Football is being bashed and therefore so are the people who've worked to make it what is today. Shits like you have no room to talk since you don’t have to go through what we do, and you'd back down if ever confronted by someone IRL, for that matter you'd even back out if you were asked to practice with us. You my, fruity friend are a pussy.
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2003, 03:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ATMSKATER:
fruit i agree football is a very funny sport and i agree with everything you said so i guess now you hav someone to back you up like this dude said so i guess you are the right now not him
atmskater is a fucking dumbass with one post, he obviously brings great intellect to this board along with an even greater homosexual presence as he obviously just got done sucking fruity's dick.
Unread 07-09-2003, 03:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by silver and cold:
.I also think they are WAY to wraped up in basketball. Don't get me wrong, both cool sports and all, but my lord, nothing to get obsessed over. If you play it yeah, I'd say you can be obsessed, but have are town, would stop dead just for a football of basket ball game. Sure, they are fun sometimes, but when everyone is like you MUST go or your so horrible and have no pride for your school.
Hows about this, go visit Columbus, Ohio one Saturday this fall and then tell me our town is obsessed with sports. There is no way that over 80% of this town watches a Tiger Football/Basketball game everytime it's played, its not even televised. In reality it's more like 10-15%. If you want a town that has over 80% of its populace obsessed with a sport you're not going to find any at the High School level.
Unread 07-09-2003, 03:46 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

Almost any team with nice enough equipment or facilities can be in the top ten programs. Any one can assume that Penn and Jimtown will be ranked as some of the top football teams and programs in the state, that's because they have the history to back it up.

History=yes
Equipment=No

Teams aren’t ranked on how good of facilities they have if that were the case you wouldn't us anywhere near the top 25.

History is considered when ranking teams, yes, but factors such as coaching and returning starters play a much bigger part in the consideration.

Quote:

As far as team rankings go, Warsaw doesn't have a lot to show. I know that a few years back, we were like in the top 15 or so in the state, but we still didn't get past sectionals.

My sophomore, junior and senior years we were ranked top 10 each time. Sophomore year we were ranked nationally, and were the closest team all year to beating Penn. We lost by 3 points, I might point out that the next closest team was a four touchdown difference. Junior year our final ranking despite losing at sectionals was 4th. So how bout you do some research before you start saying shit....dick.

How bout this, can I call you Mr. Stereotype for now on? Seeing how your whole opinion is formulated on stereotypes it doesn’t give you much ground to stand on. There are many reasons why people join the football team and for some reason I doubt it is for social purposes. If that was the case they'd quite after our 8 hour practices started up. The people that enjoy the game, and want to be there remain on the team. Most of the others with different goals, aside from that of the team, are weeded out. But obviously you don’t know this seeing how you've never played football; instead you sit back and concoct stereotypes, attempting to make your pathetic arguments somewhat valid.

Quote:

There seem to be no cuts in football, that's silly. That means that any joe shmoe could go play football. It removes the sense of accomplishment. The feeling that you had what it took to be one of the select few to represent your school in that sport. Maybe that's not such a big deal to a lot of people though. It also gives very little game time to a lot of well deserving athletes.

There are no cuts in a lot of sports, swimming, cross country, and track to name a few. If a sport becomes serious enough there are no need for cuts, the ones that want to be there will stay, while the undedicated ones will leave. A team can benefit greatly from a large group of individuals, especially if they are all working for the same thing, it just adds fuel to the fire, and can lead to greater success. While one individual may not contribute as much as the other, there is always something for them to accomplish and feel good about. Just because athlete A has to accomplish great things to get a "sense of accomplishment," doesn’t mean that athlete B can't do lesser things to get the same feeling. If everyone was out to accomplish the same exact things, what would there be to accomplish wizard nipples? I'll give you a hint fuckface...NOTHING.
Unread 07-09-2003, 05:27 AM   #12 (permalink)

Internets: 6603
St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute St. Anky has a reputation beyond repute
and the crowd roars...

I hope Fruitacious lubed up before that one. Jesus, he just got raped and pillaged.
St. Anky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2003, 02:13 PM   #13 (permalink)

buckeye its just pissed because he knows that football is just a sport for babaric guys to get off on jumping on each other. me sucking dick no dude i dont flow that way faggot thats more like you. you fucking faggot. if youve been through 4 yrs of it then why would you care about it anymore your out of there you total dumbass
Unread 07-09-2003, 02:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

My name is ATMSKATER, I love the football team, I love getting it in the ass, and I love to double post. Thanks.

[ July 09, 2003, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Bastard ]
Unread 07-09-2003, 02:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

but i cant talk that much shit about it because i hav had a brother go through 4 years of thick and thin with the highschool football team i resepect them all because its a sport also but its like there is a rivalry in our highschool over which sport is most dominant and you know who will always come out on top football or highschool. thats because thats what our town is known for but hopefully sumday our town will be known for more than just them two
Unread 07-09-2003, 02:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

and buckeye isnt that big its no real names on Nubblies you ignorant fuck...and don't think you're so cool because you know who buckeye is...he's very open about his identity my bro who played is twice as big as he is so buckeye stop talking shit dude it doesnt make you any cooler than what you are

[ July 09, 2003, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Bastard ]
Unread 07-09-2003, 03:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ish...

Well we can obviously tell that Fruitacious got what he wanted .
Finally some people shit talking!
ATMSKATER, I really dont think you know what you just did when you said that about Buckeye..

Unread 07-09-2003, 03:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Internets: 82
Alpha will become famous soon enough
Awesome ATM, four posts in 40 minutes... Maybe you could have condensed that a little? Do us all a favor and punch yourself in the face for each and every day you've been alive.

Gods are but men with immortal souls.
Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2003, 04:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Ish...

Hahaha....Good one Alpha....Don't worry, Buckeye will show ATM that he's not worthy to post, if not, I will be HIGHLY suprised.

Unread 07-09-2003, 05:45 PM   #20 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by ATMSKATER:
My bro who played, is twice as big as buckeye, so stop talking shit dude, it doesn't make you any cooler than what you are.
Firstly, in case you haven't heard, buckeye is the biggest badass in this town.

Secondly, I highly doubt that your brother is twice the size of buckeye. He may be twice the size of buckeye if he's a fat-ass...but not too many people parallel buckeye in the muscle department, let alone double him (unless of course you are Engler's brother or something...).

Oh also ATMSTAKTER, I don't like you, at all. You will die soon.

-Ugly Bastard

[ July 09, 2003, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Bastard ]
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2003, 06:02 PM   #21 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Oringinally posted by Ugly Bastard:
You will die soon
It's already been arranged.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2003, 10:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Ish...

The thing thats funny, is how much he will diss football. Then in his next post say he supports it, because his brother plays it. Maybe its just me, but isn't thats being a tiny bit hypocritacal(sp?).

Unread 07-09-2003, 10:09 PM   #23 (permalink)

Haggard is on a distinguished road
is this all that happens in here people cracking on other peeps
Haggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2003, 10:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo
Well, Haggard, it's a shit-talking forum. Call me crazy...but I think that shit-talking inside of a forum designated for shit-talking isn't out of line a'tall. Do you think it's out of line, Haggard? Just tell me if you do. I'll put a stop to it immediately.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2003, 10:27 PM   #25 (permalink)

victim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Haggard:
is this all that happens in here people cracking on other peeps
First of all, this forum is called "Shit Talking Central", not the "Nexus of Complements", of course it's people "cracking on other peeps".

Second of all, that wasn't even a question, and even if you would have happened to place a question mark behind it, it still wouldn't have made much sense.

Third, you're a worthless slug-fucker who deserves to die a horrible painful death, such as a gang rape by 8 killer robots with 14 inch electrified steel penises lined with razor blades and rock salt.

edit: Damn, Orgazmo beat me.

[ July 09, 2003, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: victim ]

get off my internet!!!
victim is offline   Reply With Quote