Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Sports

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-15-2004, 01:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Internets: 10
cough man is on a distinguished road
So for anyone who doesnt know, the Lakers and the Heat have offically finalized the trade of Shaq to Miami, with LA getting Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Brian Grant, and a first-round draft pick in return. How will the Lakers survive without one of their key players? Even if the team still does really well (which I fully expect) their publicity will still go down a bunch just because they are giving up Shaq. It just kinda surprised me. What do you people think? See what ESPN has to say about it

[ July 14, 2004, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: cough man ]

I hope you enjoy living on top of the world, when you die knowing you lived your life on your knees.
cough man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2004, 02:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Nasty Nate

Internets: 4881
Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute Nathan has a reputation beyond repute
That would be awesome to be worth 4 basketball players like shaq.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2004, 02:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
I like dirt.

Internets: 2790
tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to tonguegina Send a message via AIM to tonguegina Send a message via MSN to tonguegina Send a message via Yahoo to tonguegina
...and tonguegina smiles as another brick falls out of the Lakers' empire. I love it. I also like how Miami got rid of everyone except for Wade to get Shaq.

------------------
VOL Dumb-down

I'm happy that my least favorite team no longer has the "most dominant player in basketball." I'm also glad that my least favorite player (Shaq) didn't go to my favorite team (the Pacers), who apparently wanted him. That would have pissed me off. I wouldn't have known what to do.
tonguegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2004, 08:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Internets: -205
VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
I am glad that Shaq is out of LA. Now my least favorite team in basketball will hopefully not win anymore championshps. I definately wouldn't have liked him to go to teh Pacers because they play the Celtics often and that would be bad. Let's face it Shaq is untalented. All he does is throw his giant arm up and put the ball through the basket. Back to the issue, good to see that Shaq is on a team that may never be a contender. I'm still happy the Celtics got Doc Rivers to be there coach.

~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2004, 09:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo
Quote:
Originally posted by VOL:
I definately wouldn't have liked him to go to teh Pacers because they play the Celtics often and that would be bad. Let's face it Shaq is untalented.
That doesn't make sense to me.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2004, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Internets: -205
VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
He is untalented in my opinion, but he still scores points by just standing there and dropping the ball in the basket.

~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2004, 01:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

Internets: 10
cough man is on a distinguished road
If he scores the points then he obviously has at least a smidgen of talent, how about you play him VOL and we will see who really has talent

I hope you enjoy living on top of the world, when you die knowing you lived your life on your knees.
cough man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2004, 03:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
I like dirt.

Internets: 2790
tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to tonguegina Send a message via AIM to tonguegina Send a message via MSN to tonguegina Send a message via Yahoo to tonguegina
I'm sorry, but I may have to side with VOL on this one. I think anyone of his size could do what he does (and possibly better). If he had real talent he could make a free throw.

--------------------
VOL Dumb-down

I have to hand it to you. So far there are 3 things we agree to in this thread. First we hate the Lakers, second we are glad that Shaq didn't go to the Pacers, and finally we don't think he's all that talented. Are the planets in some weird alignment or something?
tonguegina is offline   Reply With Quote