Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Sports

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-23-2004, 02:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs
Originally the story was that Manning just didn't want to play for San Diego, the team with the #1 pick, now the story is that he says he is willing to sit out the whole year if they draft him. Eli is being a total pussy, the teams draft the players, not the other way around. This is 10x worse than Clarett or Williams, who just want to play football.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2004, 03:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Internets: 10
Super Nintendo is on a distinguished road
I agree with ya somewhat.....although....would YOU want to play for the lowlife Chargers? Prolly not, but he should atleast suck it up. If he really is going to be a GREAT quarterback, he'll be able to bring a team out of the gutter.
Super Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2004, 03:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs
San Diego would be a damn nice place to live, thats for sure. And in this age, pathetic teams can be super bowl contenders in a couple of years.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2004, 03:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

very true....agreed.
Unread 04-23-2004, 09:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Internets: -205
VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
<font color="red">PRE-MADONNA ALERT</font>

Eli is such a Pre-Madonna waiting to happen. Actually he is already there. There are so many people out there who just want to play for the love of the game and this guy, and his highly over rated and washed up father, think they have the power to tell an NFL team what to do. I say draft him San Diego, we'll see if he makes due on his promise. I cannot stand people like this. He is already starting. Why do you want to go somewhere else?

Aside from Eli being an over rated Pre- Madonna, I think he will get his wish, whether or not he gets drafted, he'll be traded to someone else. If I was the San Diego staff I would let him go to the Giants and pick up Phillip Rivers. I think he would be a good pick for them. I see Oakland taking Fitzgerald and Cleveland taking Robert Gallary. Arizona and Dennis Green could possibly go out on a limb and take Gallary as well, because I think Dennis Green can develop his young quarterback now, so I don't see them going for any QBs. I do see the Redskins taking loudmouth tight end Kellen Winslow, they need one for different formations and Kellen just may be it for them. As for Rothlesberger, I see him going to someone we aren't expecting. In fact, I think late first round, even though him, Eli, and Rivers are just about equals. The only thing that separates Eli is that he played in a tougher conference (SEC).

~ductor ab grandis divinitus~ CDXXVII
VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2004, 01:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Archie Manning was a stud.

Of course he is washed up...he's all like, old...and stuff.
Unread 04-23-2004, 04:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Unwanted

Internets: -885
Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts Schroeder is infamous around these parts
Vol, for the record:
Pre-Madonna: Before Madonna
Prima Donna: A temperamental, conceited person
Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2004, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

So how about the first pick, They pick manning and he has already said he isnt playing...Honestly i cant stand this kid....To just be drafted in the NFL is something special and to try and pick what team you play for is complete bull shit..Him and TO can go fuck themselves....Its a shame that it has to be a manning cause i thought they were a class family....

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2004, 02:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Welp looks like the cock got his way. They traded him to New York for Phillip Rivers...plus got some draft picks....I HATE ELI MANNING....

Unread 04-24-2004, 02:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions
Imagine if LeBron said he wouldn't play for the Cavs...
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2004, 10:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts VOL is infamous around these parts
I can't stand Eli Manning either. Peyton has class and at least Eli showed what little class he had by standing on stage with a Charger Jersey the short time they had him.

Now about the draft. It was a good draft. Some surprises, but nothing major. I think Philip Rivers will be a better quarterback in the NFL than Eli Manning. Eli is playing in New York. If he doesn't live up to the expectations of New Yorkers, they will want his head on a platter. I don't know why, but I just have a feeling that he will. Next, It appears that there will be controversy over who was the first pick in the draft. Yes it was Eli, but however they traded for Rivers so shouldn't he be the first draft pick if he was chosen by the first team? I think yes. Regardless of whatever happens, I'm staying behind my claims and this should be a fun NFL season to come.

Unread 04-25-2004, 12:09 AM   #12 (permalink)

Eli is a bitch....Rivers will be better cause manning is a bitch..i love peyton and will forever hate eli....GO COLTS!!!

Unread 04-25-2004, 08:47 AM   #13 (permalink)

The boo's were awesome.
Unread 04-25-2004, 05:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

or how about the ELI SUCKS.....i got a great laugh out of that!!!

Unread 04-25-2004, 09:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

buckeye is on a distinguished road
how bout Ohio State setting a draft record for having 14 players drafted, besting the previous record of 11 set by Miami.
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2004, 09:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
I know this isnt really on topic, but I dont know if any of you follow OSU bball much, but this semester my roommate transferred from there to play ball for BSU...Charles Bass.

[ April 25, 2004, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Blonde ]

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2004, 11:33 PM   #17 (permalink)

Ohio State has a basketball team?

Unread 04-26-2004, 03:28 AM   #18 (permalink)

Internets: 82
Alpha will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by VOL:
Ohio State has a basketball team?
They pretend to.

Eli was just trying to avoid the Chargers terrible record with advancing college quarterbacks. Need an example? Drew Breese. Need another? Ryan Leaf.

The only quarterback in the pathetic history of the San Diego Chargers to lead the team to a Super Bowl appearance was Stan mother fucking Humphries. Who? Exactly.

Eli and his father have forgot more about football's ins and outs that you will all learn in your life. To Eli... Bravo.

Gods are but men with immortal souls.
Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2004, 10:12 AM   #19 (permalink)

I think Philip Rivers can end the terribleness of the Chargers ex-quarterbacks. Drew Brees wasn't all that good to begin with and Ryan Leaf was a cry-baby. Rivers will be a good fit for them And it was brilliant of the Chargers to first draft Eli, then trade him for a 1st and 5th round pick next year, and a good quarterback in Rivers.

Along these lines, I think Rothisberger is going to be a good fit in Pittsburg. He's got what Coach Cower needs on his team. Maddox doesn't have it anymore. All of these guys (Manning, Rivers, Rothisberger) are all possibly going to start for their team right out of the gate.

Unread 12-16-2004, 03:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
DJ FC

For Shameful Transgressions
I would like to revive this thread to point out that ELI MANNING REALLY IS A BITCH AND HE IS TERRIBLE, AND LOOK HOW WELL THE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS ARE DOING WITHOUT HIM

hahahahahahahaha, what a bitch, fuckin Eli Manning
Unread 12-17-2004, 11:15 AM   #21 (permalink)

The Chargers aren't even using Phillip Rivers. Give Eli time though, I do not like him, but he will still never be as good as Peyton.

Unread 12-18-2004, 03:23 AM   #22 (permalink)

Internets: 44
BarryJive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BarryJive
well guys...his name IS eli...

I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat french toast.
BarryJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2004, 02:29 PM   #23 (permalink)

Will Eli ever win a game?

Unread 12-27-2004, 03:09 PM   #24 (permalink)

Noone will ever be as good as peyton..before its all done, he is the best q

Unread 12-27-2004, 11:39 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaw:
Noone will ever be as good as peyton..before its all done, he is the best q
After Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Phil Simms, John Elway, Brett Favre, Joe Theisman, Steve Young, and Troy Aikman