Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Crazy Stuff > I'm Right, Fuck You

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #626 (permalink)

Internets: 5464
Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDongedHoe View Post
It goes without saying now but I know exactly what was missing and I also know where my happiness and peace comes from.

Cubs baseball?

Might be a good year.
Der Fuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #627 (permalink)

Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute Der Fuhrer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
I have that same gap you claim to have filled; everybody does. Instead of fill it with some hollow, non-explanation (and that's all god is), I'm trying my best to fill it with a deep understanding of science
C'mon guys, no one wants to hear about you filling each other's gaps and shit. Take that to a private chat or something.
Unread 03-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #628 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Internets: 55974
BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute

Where in the world did I say Indy was a big city?

I forgot that not moving away yet and living in Indianapolis for 4 months makes me less of a person than all of you. I'll try my best to be cool and a bigger/better person by moving out of state as soon as possible.

There's life and then there is Cubs baseball, it's a chore to seperate the two.
BigDongedHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #629 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Internets: 210144
ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As you guys know between drugs, drinking, and women I'm not short on life experience and have lived the life many of you live.
Honestly, you are short on life experience. Granite a lot can be learned through experimentation with drugs, drinking, and women, but there is still a shit load to experience. You've lived in indiana your whole life, therefore, you haven't been exposed to much of anything. Need proof? You think "drugs, drinking, and women" = lots of life experience. Maybe you're incredibly shallow and don't know it or you're just dense. Not sure.

Ultimately though, I may not like you, but I still think you're selling yourself short.

Last edited by ninjaface; 03-09-2010 at 06:48 PM.
ninjaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 06:47 PM   #630 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I also can't help but notice the contradiction of a few days ago saying you are neither unhappy or happy but just are (your words) Yet now you claim to be happier than you've ever been and seemed to of "filled that gap" which is direct contradiction to what you said nearly a few days ago.
Wow, there goes my entire argument. You're a master of debate, sir! Please, can you tell me more about contradictions? I'd like to hear more. Are there any other examples you could give me? Perhaps a large source of them you could refer me to?

I said i'm attempting to fill the gap, and may never do it, but the more I learn about the actual, real world, the more content I am. Rather than subscribe to some mythological, spiritual panacea.

EDIT: On a side note BDH, while I can't seem to stop myself from arguing, it does disappoint me how this has turned into somewhat of a witch hunt (I SAID EARLIER I WASN'T PERSECUTING YOU, CONTRADICTIN' MYSELF AGAIN!). But I would probably have given up already if it was Active, or some obvious troll on the site. It's just so shocking that all of this is coming so sudden from you, a longtime poster, who I truly do believe is missing out on a lot of the worlds truths by believing so much in something that makes so little sense.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 03-09-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #631 (permalink)

I like you BDH, you can fill my gap anytime you want.
Unread 03-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #632 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaface View Post
I may not like you
May not like me based on what? The fact that I rode a bus with you from the time I was 10-14 years old? You don't like my internet persona? You don't know me personally at all, grow up.

Blonde those things are factual, mythical, and (insert synonym here) by you're eyes. I understand that you think this way. I'm not sure why you can't understand why someone else who is a believer can't truly believer these to be truths. Furthermore you do an awful job with this because of how personal you seem to to be taking it that I'm a believer. You're dislike/hatred of Christianity is boggling to me. Even when I was an atheist/agnostic I never spoke out or against anybody who did or didn't have beliefs because I didn't judge people in that manner. As mentioned above the people I do respect are ones who are non-judgmental.

Unread 03-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #633 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
May not like me based on what? The fact that I rode a bus with you from the time I was 10-14 years old? You don't like my internet persona? You don't know me personally at all, grow up.
I had classes with you throughout highschool and had mutual friends. Sorry if highschool left me with a lasting impression of you being a douchebag, only to be further advanced by your "internet persona".

If your "internet persona" is not how you truly act, then I'm glad and you may not be a retard after all.
Unread 03-09-2010, 07:14 PM   #634 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As mentioned above the people I do respect are ones who are non-judgmental.
The people in your life that don't challenge you to be a better person are contributing nothing to your life but familiarity. The people you say are "non-judgmental" are only bringing you the same complacency they have accepted for themselves. Personal growth is a hard game and only truly possible in the face of opposition and adversity. Stick with your flock and you'll be safe, but you will still be a sheep.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #635 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
The people in your life that don't challenge you to be a better person are contributing nothing to your life but familiarity. The people you say are "non-judgmental" are only bringing you the same complacency they have accepted for themselves. Personal growth is a hard game and only truly possible in the face of opposition and adversity. Stick with your flock and you'll be safe, but you will still be a sheep.
Are you content with you're life? Who are you to say what's good for me and my "personal growth"? Who am I to say what's good for you and your personal growth? As much as I appreciate (10) all of your guys advice on what I should or shouldn't do with my life, I'll go ahead and keep on going where the lord leads me. I don't tell you guys how you should think, believe, or live your life so to be honest I really am dumbfounded as to why you think you should let me know how to live mine.

Unread 03-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #636 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

BDH, why does your god have any more authority to tell you how to live you life than we do?

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 03-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #637 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Quote:
I don't tell you guys how you should think, believe, or live your life so to be honest I really am dumbfounded as to why you think you should let me know how to live mine.
We are all open to suggestion. You aren't. If you were to give a suggestion from your current mental state, none of us would take any stock in it. Wonder why? Because the shit you are saying makes no sense. No one is telling you how to live. If you want someone to do so, I'll volunteer. Assuming you'd say yes, here is what you should do:

1. Contintue living with your parents.
2. Get a full time job where you can work a ridiculous amount of overtime.
3. Send me all your paychecks.

PM me for the P.O. Box.

Last edited by ninjaface; 03-09-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Unread 03-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #638 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

The Lord led me to my parents' basement last summer. I watched the entire Star Trek series, played video games all day, and got trashed with friends on the weekends. It was fucking awesome, I had never been more comfortable or happy in ten years... until my Dad put his foot up my ass and made me get a job. What a dick.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #639 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Your dad is in direct contradiction with God's will. He's clearly a demon. You must kill him.
Unread 03-09-2010, 08:15 PM   #640 (permalink)

This thread has become an abomination. It has fallen so far from its original purpose, which is to discuss and debate the existence of God, NOT to question, ridicule, and harass BDH because of his beliefs. You can say all you want about how absurd, far-fetched, and ignorant christianity is, but the fact of the matter is that it is inherently good. The teachings of Jesus Christ are inherently good and moral. Those who believe in Jesus are good people. Obviously there are exceptions, just like there are in all religions. The islamic fanatics aren't good people, but does that mean all muslims are bad? Well, probably, but that's because their religion is not a peaceful one. Aruge with me if you must, but I've read some of the quran. Mohammed was a warrior, not a peaceful man like Jesus. The islamic fundamentalists want to destroy and kill the infidel, but the Christian fanatic is likely to be extremely peaceful.

My point is that if someone wants to believe in something that makes them a better person and teaches them to live a better life, what does it hurt you?

Let me put it to you like this, if I'm walking down a dark alley at night in a strange and dangerous city, and I see someone else walking towards me in the opposite direction, I'm praying that they're a christian.

Last edited by Der Fuhrer; 03-09-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Unread 03-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #641 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Fuhrer View Post
Let me put it to you like this, if I'm walking down a dark alley at night in a strange and dangerous city, and I see someone else walking towards me in the opposite direction, I'm praying that they're a christian.
Because then all they need to do to be forgiven for killing you in the dark alley is ask forgiveness.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #642 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

You're going to hell.
Unread 03-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #643 (permalink)

Speaking of hell, I'd like to propose another question/concept. Although I wish I could take credit for this thought, it comes from a famous mathematician/philospher named Pascal. It's called Pascal's Wager. While I am unfamilar with his origins or other work, I am pretty sure he's come up with some mathematical formulations that are well-known.

Pascal's Wager basically weighs the opportunity cost of believing vs. not believing in God, or more specifically, in Jesus Christ as your savior.

The cost of incorrectly not believing in God, or in other words, not believing in God when in fact there is a God, is incredibly high. You give up on eternity of joy, peace, and happiness for an eternity of torture and despair in hell.

On the other hand incorrectly believing in God, or believing in God when in fact there is no God, has a relatively small cost. You give up a few pleasures of the flesh and perhaps live with more guilt on your mind than if you had no faith.

According to Pascal's Wager, the wise man will believe in God.

But it's just a theory.
Unread 03-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #644 (permalink)
Spice Master

Pascals Wager, in my opinion, isn't a very strong philosophical stance. If you ascribe (nay, even know about Pascals Wager as a believer), you are in essence trying to "trick" an omniscient god into seeing you as a believer.

"Well, I could believe in god, but I could also NOT. However, if I don't, I risk the chance of going to hell. However, if I do, i'll go to heaven!

Also, what if you have the wrong god?

― Terence McKenna
Unread 03-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #645 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Mr. Blonde is on the right track. If you take Mr. Pascal's wager a bit further and throw in the other religions, you've got problems. Let's say you believe any religion other than christianity and christianity turns out to the the correct religion. You're going to hell. I'm not willing to dedicate too much thought into this, but if christianity ends up the statistical winner because of a specific clause (thou shall not have false idols), I don't give a shit.

All that says to me is the dude that came up with that commandment thought outside the box and everyone praised his idea and he got a raise.

Last edited by ninjaface; 03-09-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Unread 03-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #646 (permalink)
Bokononist

Internets: 11801
Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

The best way to disprove the existence of a God is to try and define it.

I don't like the term 'God', it's been too tainted. The furthest I believe is that there is a larger force, or energy, that I can never and will never understand. I believe that we are a sort of refining system for that energy, and that upon death, it will all go back into the grid, so to speak.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Fruitacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2010, 12:58 AM   #647 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

C.S. Lewis makes an argument for God that we are all born with a moral conscience to do good. When we do bad most people don't truly feel good about it deep down. Where does this moral conscience come from? Our evolution?

I thank Der Fuhrer for what he's saying in that Christians are good respectable people because of there morality. I don't however agree with Pascal's Wager. Saying you believe "just because" and actually believing are two different things. If you say you know Christ as your savior just to spare the chance you might go to hell I'd contend you don't truly believe. As I've mentioned previously once you know that you know Christ there isn't really any question anymore. You know that you know that you know and it's very clear that you do know.

Unread 03-10-2010, 01:01 AM   #648 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaface View Post
Mr. Blonde is on the right track. If you take Mr. Pascal's wager a bit further and throw in the other religions, you've got problems. Let's say you believe any religion other than christianity and christianity turns out to the the correct religion. You're going to hell. I'm not willing to dedicate too much thought into this, but if christianity ends up the statistical winner because of a specific clause (thou shall not have false idols), I don't give a shit.

All that says to me is the dude that came up with that commandment thought outside the box and everyone praised his idea and he got a raise.
I've brought up where Christianity is different from any other religion. If you believe that Jesus is who he said he was then you believe he is a living God. All other religions worship a dead God. No other religion believes in a living God that is still able to preform miracles today.

Unread 03-10-2010, 01:05 AM   #649 (permalink)
Spice Master

Serious question in regard to morals,BDH:

In the complete absence of god, would you go on a killing rampage, raping, stealing, hurting others?

― Terence McKenna
Unread 03-10-2010, 01:16 AM   #650 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

No... and neither would you I assume. But why? You have a moral conscience already in place. Why is that moral conscience there? Who put that moral conscience there? We're born with a small grasp of right from wrong from the beginning.