Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > General Chat

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC
Default Help DJ FC find a car

I'm looking to buy a car within the next few months. I'm almost done with the licensing process and should (cross my fingers) be a fully licensed driver this week. Who wants to give me some suggestions for finding a cool car? I'm willing to shop around and look quite a bit.

My budget is under ₤20,000. And that's a very firm upper limit. Here are 3 cars I looked at recently that sparked my interest:

2005 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Convertable w/ 59,000 miles

Pros:

5 Liter Engine.
Convertable
German
Sexy

Cons:
Top end of the price range (asking 20k)
2 seater only

2002 Mercedes-Benz SL500 AMG w/ 40,000 miles

Pros
5L Engine
Sexy
German
Better sytling
Less miles

Cons:
2 seats only
Top end of the price range (asking 20k)

2006 Jeep Commander w/ 35,000 miles

Pros:
SUV, great for roadtrips
5.7L V8 HEMI
Sexy, American
Much cheaper - asking price is 14k

Cons:
Very little

The appeal of a badass Mercedes with a convertable top is great. But so far I think the cheaper American SUV is ever so slightly winning. But it's only 60-40 so far. Can anybody give me any ideas which might supercede these two cars?

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote