Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > Rants

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Default No good deed, goes unpunished!

So, for Christmas, I bought my wife and her mom 2 tickets to I Love Lucy in Chicago. 100 bucks a ticket after fees and taxes, no biggie. I was then told that I would have to pay for a hotel room for 2 nights on Michigan Ave. as well. That one stung, but another 214 bucks down the tubes, but at least they will enjoy their event.

Fast Forward to Wednesday, when her mom, per usual, isn't feeling good and doesn't know if she is going to be able to make the trip. Every time I try to step up, be an adult, and do something nice without being asked, it backfires. So I drop 414 dollars on a weekend trip that was possibly not going to happen. Things get cleared up, and they are now leaving tonight, hopefully.

Look ahead to next weekend when I leave for Chicago at 9AM on Friday morning. I've paid for the ticket and the hotel, now I just need some spending money. When asked, I'm pretty generous and ask for 500. She went off on me and said I could take no more then 200 dollars to get me through the weekend. Problem.

Answer: hiding money from the next 2 checks to have a great time, and she will never know!!!!! Oh, I know you are jealous and you should be!

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Internets: 210144
ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

See you in Chicago, mother fucker.
ninjaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 291816
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

I think I understood what you were saying, but let me make sure:

1.) You buy tickets for wife and mother in law to some shitty thing

2.) They're happy, but insist that you pay for a hotel room too. You do.

3.) Mother in law doesn't feel well, but then gets better, so everything is okay (this part seems like it could have been omitted)

4.) You're going to Chicago yourself (unrelated) and ask permission to be able to spend $500. You're told you can only spend $200.

5.) You embezzle from yourself so that you can still spend $500.

Is that right? This is a serious question as the wording in the middle bit had me confused.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Approve of the embezzlement.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 275079
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgazmo View Post
I think I understood what you were saying, but let me make sure:

1.) You buy tickets for wife and mother in law to some shitty thing

2.) They're happy, but insist that you pay for a hotel room too. You do.

3.) Mother in law doesn't feel well, but then gets better, so everything is okay (this part seems like it could have been omitted)

4.) You're going to Chicago yourself (unrelated) and ask permission to be able to spend $500. You're told you can only spend $200.

5.) You embezzle from yourself so that you can still spend $500.

Is that right? This is a serious question as the wording in the middle bit had me confused.
Seconded, this is also how I interpreted it but I don't know where the "I'm going to Chicago too" thing came from.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW

Unclear on story as well... The fact that you have to hide and get permission to spend your own money is incredibly funny and sad at the same time.
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 208844
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

Based on past events, is any of this really that surprising?
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't word it properly, or even anywhere near coheriant. Sorry.

Buy wife and mom tickets to a show in Chicago. Get them 2 nights in a hotel. Mother in Law is a huge hypocondriac (sp) Fast Forward, they go, and I only get a thank you from the wife. I don't need one from her, but it would be the nice thing to do since I dropped 400 on it.

UFC in Chicago was pretty sick. The weekend set up was incredible. By far the best experiance I've had out of the 3 that I've been to. I'm jealous of people living the big city life. I'm not jealous of the prices paid to live there though. Got popped for 44 dollars on 4 shots of crown at the bar on Friday. That was my sign to tuck tail, and head back to the free booze in my room and heckle people coming up the elevator.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 208844
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

Cost of living in big city is higher, but so are wages.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 108469
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

and buildings
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 247091
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

Except the ones you live in.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 106883
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lix View Post
Cost of living in big city is higher, but so are wages.
Not by where the United Center is.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

Very true, but it's no where near what it was with the old Chicago Stadium. My dad had no clue how bad it as when we showed up to a Blackhawks game 4 hours early. Walking around the UC is a world of difference then back then.

Regardless, it was an 8 dollar cab ride from our hotel. Had a nice Italian food joint down from the Billy Goat that was pretty damn good. Only thing that killed me was the beer prices. The last Hawks game I went to, beer was around 6 bucks. I'm guessing because it was a UFC event, they were selling beer for 9.50. This wasn't a tall draft beer either. This beer came out of an aluminum bottle. Not sure if it was the section we were sitting in (200 Club Level) or what, but that's the most expensive I've ever seen a beer at an event.