Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > Reviews

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 11:33 PM   #26 (permalink)

Internets: 252353
Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like a terrible idea. I've never played any of the other Elder Scrolls games either, but from what I've seen, Skyrim blows the other two out of the fucking water when it comes to looks, combat and anything else that matters (except perhaps story, but who gives a fuck). The graphics of the world look incredible in this game, and the animations of the finishing moves and other stealthy-type kills you can do look amazing. I would totally buy this game if I didn't already know that it would consume my life, so I'll probably just rent it a couple times and call it quits.

I've tried renting Batman since you fuckers have told me how awesome it is, but Redbox doesn't carry the god damned game.
Johnny Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 275079
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion received universal acclaim from critics.[79][80][81] Eurogamer editor Kristan Reed stated that the game "successfully unites some of the best elements of RPG, adventure and action games and fuses them into a relentlessly immersive and intoxicating whole".[95] Scott Tobias of The A.V. Club wrote that the game is "Worth playing for the sense of discovery—each environment looks different from the last and requires a nuanced reaction—makes the action addictive".[96] Game Revolution's Duke Ferris noted that "Though the voices occasionally repeat, it's pretty impressive that they managed to cram so much voiced dialogue in here, and most of it is high-quality work".[97] IGN editor Charles Onyett commended the game for its "Top notch storytelling, easy to navigate menus, and a wonderful upgrade to your map and journal".[24] GameSpot's Greg Kasavin called the game "simply one of the best role-playing games ever made".[68]

Oblivion won a number of industry and publication awards. The game had shipped 1.7 million copies by April 10, 2006,[99] and sold over three million copies by January 18, 2007. In Japan, game magazine Famitsu gave the game their "Platinum award". In 2007, PC Gamer magazine rated Oblivion number one on their list of the top 100 games of all time.[100] In addition to the awards won by the game itself, Patrick Stewart's voice work as Uriel Septim won a Spike TV award,[83] and the musical score by composer Jeremy Soule won the inaugural MTV Video Music Award for "Best Original Score" through an international popular vote. The game was nominated for five BAFTAs.[101]
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GG, DH. Make sure to continue not watching any movies, tv shows, or reading any books over 5 years old.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:44 PM   #28 (permalink)

Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute Johnny Richter has a reputation beyond repute

Blonde, I'm fully aware of the massive acclaim that Oblivion received over the years. On all of the game-rating websites it has at least a 9.0 rating. I know all of this, and I'm saying that Skyrim is probably going to be better. The difference in graphics alone is incredible. The developers overhauled the entire engine of the game. The graphics, the animations, the physics, the programming and that technical shit that I don't understand, all of it. That's not a slight against Oblivion, it's more praise for how awesome this game is going to be.

With that said, if you want to be cheap and buy a great game that can probably run on your shitty computer, Oblivion is probably where it's at.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 275079
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
With that said, if you want to be cheap and buy a great game that can probably run on your shitty computer, Oblivion is probably where it's at.
That is exactly what I want.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #30 (permalink)

For those of you wondering what the best game of 2011 is, I present to you: Skyrim.

This video is not only pretty funny but it also shows how much fun this game can be.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
Suckle

Internets: 155868
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

Game industry > movie industry.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #32 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For those of you wondering what the best game of 2011 is, I present to you: Skyrim.

This video is not only pretty funny but it also shows how much fun this game can be.

Skyrim - Unarmed Badass Viking Commentary - YouTube
Did they fix the memory leak problems with it on PS3 yet? Wait until it starts freezing up on you constantly. It uses the same engine as Fallout 3 / Fallout New Vegas ... which had the joyous feature of locking up constantly after the save file got to a certain size, I had to play though Fallout 3 multiple times to complete all the DLC ... I was afraid they would be too lazy / incapable of fixing it and have been told that they were.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #33 (permalink)

I have been experiencing some freezing problems. I'd say it's happened probably 4 times in the 5 days I've had it. That might sound like a lot, but it hasn't been too bad really.

Aside from the freezing problems, the only other complaints I have about the game are the amount of load screens you'll see while playing it and the lack of mini-map/shitty objective targets. When you're roaming the open world, the game does not have to load at all, but anytime you enter a city the game has to load. What's worse is that anytime you enter a building the game has to load. In other words, anytime you enter a place that's not the open world, the game has to load. This can be a huge pain in the ass if you accidentally go into the wrong building and have to leave again right away. The load time isn't terrible at ~20 seconds, it's just kind of annoying.

edit: One thing I really like about the game is that once you've explored a location, to return to that location all you have to do is select it on the map and you can fast-travel there. This is great for saving time and a lot of mindless running.

Last edited by Johnny Richter; 12-13-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:51 AM   #34 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 282947
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

looks boring/easy

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #35 (permalink)

Yeah it sucks. Fuck this game in the ass. Def not the best game this year. Too many bugs. It feels like the game was rushed to the market.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #36 (permalink)

Dark Souls - hands down the hardest game you'll have ever played to this point in your life. Lots of fun, but takes a lot of effort and time to make it worthwhile. It makes you want to fucking kick your television set it, but once you defeat the enemy, it actually feels like you accomplished something. Good graphics and awesome gameplay. This is a fantastic game. Not for the casual gamer, though.

The second hardest game you'll have ever played is the predecessor to Dark Souls, Demon Souls. It's almost as kick ass as the new one. The open world design of Dark Souls makes it a bit more kick ass, but again, if you suck at games you'll never beat either one of these so don't even try.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #37 (permalink)
Long Live Dixie

Internets: 35125
j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute j money has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to j money

I like this Alabama/LSU game. Its pretty good. Not for amateurs though.
j money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #38 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 106883
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

Uncharted 3 is pretty great.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #39 (permalink)

If anyone wants a new video game for two dollars, go to the Redbox and rent Assassin's Creed Revelations. The first Assassin's Creed is available for install from that game to your ps3 and is playable w/o the game disc.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #40 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If anyone wants a new video game for two dollars, go to the Redbox and rent Assassin's Creed Revelations. The first Assassin's Creed is available for install from that game to your ps3 and is playable w/o the game disc.
LIFE HACKS!

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #41 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dark Souls - hands down the hardest game you'll have ever played to this point in your life. Lots of fun, but takes a lot of effort and time to make it worthwhile. It makes you want to fucking kick your television set it, but once you defeat the enemy, it actually feels like you accomplished something. Good graphics and awesome gameplay. This is a fantastic game. Not for the casual gamer, though.

The second hardest game you'll have ever played is the predecessor to Dark Souls, Demon Souls. It's almost as kick ass as the new one. The open world design of Dark Souls makes it a bit more kick ass, but again, if you suck at games you'll never beat either one of these so don't even try.
I finally beat Dark Souls last Sunday. Was the best gaming experience I've had in a while. Was around 90 hours of gameplay. I didn't even know it was the end of the game, I was taken off guard, apparently I had a choice between a good and bad ending and didn't even know it.

I started a new game right away because I accidentally killed some faggot that I shouldn't have the first time around and couldn't buy any miracles the whole game. I played a couple hours and couldn't believe how easy it was compared to my first run through, despite choosing a weaker starting class. I probably won't be playing anymore because half the fun was wondering what was up ahead, but it was fun while it lasted.

#YOLO
Old 02-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #42 (permalink)

If you keep going in NG+ you'll be surprised how much harder it is.

But I definitely agree that half the fun is wondering what's coming up next.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #43 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 291816
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #44 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW

That looks absolutely amazing.
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Internets: 210144
ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna wait until it comes out on video.
ninjaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #46 (permalink)

Someone recommend a new game.

Gaz, not too long ago you mentioned some game to me that had garnered a reputation for being awesome. Do you remember?
Old 08-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #47 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Last of us multiplayer is pretty sick. Havent enjoyed multiplayer like this since halo or counterstrike

#YOLO
Old 08-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #48 (permalink)

I think that may have been the game gaz mentioned.

I will check this out tonight.

Getting sick of black ops 2 pretty quickly.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #49 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

^ That is, indeed, the game.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #50 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS