Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Crazy Stuff > I'm Right, Fuck You

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #1101 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I don't see the big deal. Public Schools, for the most part, are terrible. Private schools, whether religious or not, are typically much better than public schools. I guess the way I see it is that any funding for private schools is a good thing.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #1102 (permalink)
Almost there...

Internets: 161638
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

Fun facts:

The Conservative States of America - Richard Florida - Politics - The Atlantic
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #1103 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
Public Schools, for the most part, are terrible. Private schools, whether religious or not, are typically much better than public schools.
What are you basing this on? Religious private schools waste their students' time and pollute their minds with mandatory Biblical-based lessons and even "chapel" in some cases. I think you're giving religious private schools too much credit. Most of the teachers there are basically glorified Sunday School teachers. Students there are not exactly learning advanced science and math.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #1104 (permalink)

Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

I talked to BDH last night who has been in Texas this week for work. He told me there's a bunch of billboards, like the one pictured below, claiming that the world will end on May 21st:

BDH said he met a few people in Beaumont, Texas (average population IQ: 71 iirc) that have adamantly bought into this prophecy. The prophet, Harold Camping, apparently made a similar prediction 17 years ago to no avail. Camping calculated the date based on his interpretations of the Bible. And Christians are believing him. Because they're stupid.
Unread 04-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #1105 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Bastard View Post
Most of the teachers there are basically glorified Sunday School teachers. Students there are not exactly learning advanced science and math.
Seriously. The most intellectual teachers at these schools (sadly) spend most of their time, effort and intelligence Aquinas-ing and trying to dig their way around philosophical and scientific holes that the real world has put them in. Many of them hide behind the dead or near-dead languages of religion a-la "You have to read the texts in Aramaic or Ancient Hebrew to truly understand the gospel...." I find it strange that you think simply because it has the word "private" in the name, you would rather give them taxpayer money even though they are teaching what could very fairly be stated as utter lies.

DH I highly recommend you read a few books on the (almost purely) detrimental facets of religion, especially state-supported religion, specifically "god is not Great" by Christopher Hitchens. Religion teaches people not to think critically, not to ask "sensitive" questions, and to accept a flawed worldview "just because". It one of the worst things we can push on the minds of the youth.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #1106 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I talked to BDH last night who has been in Texas this week for work. He told me there's a bunch of billboards, like the one pictured below, claiming that the world will end on May 21st:

BDH said he met a few people in Beaumont, Texas (average population IQ: 71 iirc) that have adamantly bought into this prophecy. The prophet, Harold Camping, apparently made a similar prediction 17 years ago to no avail. Camping calculated the date based on his interpretations of the Bible. And Christians are believing him. Because they're stupid.
I've heard a lot about this. I was just telling my sister today that in the next month/month and a half we can probably expect a few violent acts preceding the event.
Unread 04-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #1107 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH
Public Schools, for the most part, are terrible. Private schools, whether religious or not, are typically much better than public schools.
Even if this is the truth, shouldn't it mean they should focus on improving the public schools?
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #1108 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

That's a whole different argument. The Constitution doesn't give any permission to the Fed gov't to aide schools
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #1109 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is that in public schools you have niggers, spics, and white trash who don't want to be there so they will do whatever they can to undermine the educational process. You don't typically have this at a private school, so the learning is often far easier to facilitate. If you do that shit at a private school, they simply throw your ass out.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #1110 (permalink)
*Dislikes ham

Internets: 60790
vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute

Everybody Draw Muhammad Day is May 20th, the end of the world is May 21st, coincidence?

Anyway I'm looking forward to Draw Muhammad Day and then the Not End Of The World day. We can call it "Religious People Are Always Wrong And Crazy" weekend.

Putting the sensual in non-consensual.
vaga1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #1111 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache

Shit I'm supposed to be going on a cruise on the 22nd.

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #1112 (permalink)
*Dislikes ham

Internets: 60790
vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute

A cruise straight to hell.

Putting the sensual in non-consensual.
vaga1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #1113 (permalink)

Internets: 4908
heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What are you basing this on? Religious private schools waste their students' time and pollute their minds with mandatory Biblical-based lessons and even "chapel" in some cases. I think you're giving religious private schools too much credit. Most of the teachers there are basically glorified Sunday School teachers. Students there are not exactly learning advanced science and math.
What are you basing this on?
heurisdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #1114 (permalink)

Visiting my niece's private Christian school last December where I met a couple of her teachers and learned about the curriculum she's working on as an 8th grader. Anecdotal, yes, but doubtful that her school is a whole lot different from the typical private Christian school experience.
Unread 04-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #1115 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Internets: 210144
ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Visiting my niece's private Christian school last December where I met a couple of her teachers and learned about the curriculum she's working on as an 8th grader. Anecdotal, yes, but doubtful that her school is a whole lot different from the typical private Christian school experience.
ninjaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #1116 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by heurisdick View Post
Almost every friend I've ever had has told me that they've had Bible study classes and mandatory chapel etc. etc...I think "glorified Sunday school" is a bit of an exaggeration, being a Sunday school alumni myself, but there is definite religious indoctrination at private religious schools, obv.
Unread 04-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #1117 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaface View Post
Probably the pretty common knowledge that hard-line Christianity and actual science don't coincide at all.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #1118 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Internets: 210144
ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
Probably the pretty common knowledge that hard-line Christianity and actual science don't coincide at all.
ninjaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #1119 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Every seriously religious person I have ever met in my entire life ... i know, anecdotal evidence.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 07:32 AM   #1120 (permalink)

Internets: 4908
heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute heurisdick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
heurisdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #1121 (permalink)
G'd up from the feet up.

Supreme Emperor of the Jiu Jitsu Shit Forum?: Yes
Internets: 114735
Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute Ironic Mustache has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ironic Mustache

Quote:
Originally Posted by heurisdick View Post
All your base are belong to us.

Creeping around as I please nonchalantly like any other Supreme Emperor might.
Ironic Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #1122 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

Quote:
UB delivers with a sample size of one.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #1124 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Internets: 220249
thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

Man I got all excited, saw a George Carlin video, thought, Wow, maybe Blonde is posting something funny instead of just really long atheist shit. Imagine my disapointment. Here is a George Carlin classic to cancel above out.
thekremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #1125 (permalink)
Spice Master

Wrong thread, dude. This belongs on that other, boring sub-forum. The one where I have all the posts ignored.