Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > General Chat

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parents.

I was just semi-conscious while waking up, and for some reason started thinking about how crazy it is when you don't talk to someone (usually a girl) for like 6 months and then you see their facebook or myspace, and its like oh holy shit, hi i'm married now and even have a kid in some instances. Then I got to thinking about how fucking dumb it is to get married for a kid, or get married after only knowing someone for less than a year. THEN I thought; Oh shit, didn't my parents get engaged after only 9 months?

I'll touch back on that in a moment, but the purpose of this thread is to talk about our parents. Do you guys remember when you were first able to start judging your parents as other people, rather than your godlike parents that they were to you growing up? I was right around 20 when I actually started to question my parents' actions on logic and reason rather than just rebelling for the fuck of it. When we are growing up and we go against our parents, mostly it is just because its kinda in our DNA, peer pressure, but in the back of our minds none of us really have any good reason to think they're really doing things wrong or for the wrong reasons. This might not seem that profound to some of you, but I think its a pretty important part in ones life when someone can look at their own Mom or Dad and pick out all the little issues, quirks, or neuroticisms that most likely are different than your own, hence your ability to pick them out better.

Some examples of my own parents:

My mom grew up from a priveliged background (i didn't know this until a couple years ago) and ended up marrying a farmer. Obviously i'm sure there was a bunch of other shit going on with that when it actually happened, mainly her mother disagreeing (her father died when she was young), but that aside, she's kinda dumb. I mean she's learning a lot now that she's getting older, but she's just now starting to accept that things change and you either have to evolve with them or get left behind. Anyways, she argues like a child. When things escalate to a certain level she starts freaking out and losing her cool and yelling, which in turn is how I learned to argue growing up. Throwing little fits. Honestly it took until about Senior year of college for me to stop doing bullshit like that and realize "hey, this isn't how normal people handle arguments". My dad isn't naturally like this, but after so many years of being around my mom he eventually does the same thing. When I was home before coming out here I was hanging out one morning and they were arguing about something in the next room, I went in to see what was up, and they started yelling at me for being lazy. Just screaming about how I should have done this and that and blah blah blah. I tried to talk it out, but they kept yelling, so I started yelling back, louder, to get their attention. I was still in control, basically I was saying "IS THIS THE ONLY WAY I CAN GET YOUR ATTENTION? BECAUSE I CAN YELL TOO, BUT ITS NOT GOING TO MAKE THE ARGUMENT ANY EASIER TO DISCUSS, IN FACT IT MAKES IT HARDER. BUT I CAN DO IT IF THATS HOW YOU WANT TO TALK IT OUT" and then they kinda shutup. Then I said something like, I didn't plan to be here, i got delayed, but I can't read fucking minds. If you want me to do something, ask me, and I'll help out. Then I told them that they aren't even mad at me, they're mad at my youngest brother (because he's a fuckup and just wrecked his like 3rd car living at home) and that they've done this their entire life....when they're mad at somebody they take it out on everybody. I straight up looked at my mom and said "you're arguing like a child. grow up" and that shut them both up.

My dad: Overall my dad is a great person, but he's kind of a pussy when it comes to women. He puts them on a pedestal like i've never seen before and for some reason doesn't learn. He still insists that men should pay for everything at all times, even if you're just out with a girl who is a friend of yours, which I think is complete bullshit. He basically thinks women are perfect and never wrong, which explains how my mom gets/got away with so much bullshit growing up. Don't have too many complaints about him though, its just humorous to me how much he's done growing up to please my mom, some of it leading to the financial situation they're in right now (not great, but the piece of land they're sitting on right now is worth a shit ton, they're basically waiting for the right offer to retire) and she's still never happy.

Which leads me back to the marriage after a short amount of time thing. Granted, they were only engaged after 9 months, but still, way too soon IMO. Makes you wonder what was going on at that time. My dad claims he was taking girls on dates almost every night of the week, which I don't really doubt...girls love getting all their shit payed for and my dad was a pretty good looking dude. In regard to how much ass he was getting...who knows. He has never alluded to anything physical about women besides denoting how gorgeous they are, he's pretty respectful, (which is a lot more than I can say for most middle aged married men...holy shit some of the dirtiest fucks ever), and he was making pretty good money farming at the time. If I had to guess, I would say that all my mom's friends were getting married or something, and she wanted to get wifeyed up. If I recall correctly though, they were both almost engaged to other people when they met each other. I actually think my dad WAS. So who fucking knows.

Anyways. Discuss.

EDIT: In my parents defense, they didn't get married until they were about 25, which I'd say is about average today so probably even considered late back in the 70's. They also didn't have their first kid till they were about 27 or 28...also not bad.

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 03-15-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Well for starters, my dad went to high school with Blonde's dad and probably beat him up all the time.

As far as your post goes, it was a very important point in my young adult life when I realized one thing: As much as I wanted to hate my parents for being the way they are and as angry as I was at them for everything / anything that they ever did, they were still just people. And that most of the time people don't know what the fuck they are doing, none of us. This is hard for most people to accept.

I am walking down the road of life and I come across a situation I don't know how to deal with, what do I do? I make shit up. Lots of the time its wrong. My parents didn't always know what they were doing, they still don't always know what they are doing. My grandparents didn't always know what they were doing. I doubt in the history of mankind there was more than a dozen people that really knew exactly what they were doing the whole time. I give my parents a pass because they are just people, and people are inherently flawed, and that's life.

The truest thing I have ever realized in life: The only thing I know is that I don't know shit.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

My parents are perfect.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
Well for starters, my dad went to high school with Blonde's dad and probably beat him up all the time.

As far as your post goes, it was a very important point in my young adult life when I realized one thing: As much as I wanted to hate my parents for being the way they are and as angry as I was at them for everything / anything that they ever did, they were still just people. And that most of the time people don't know what the fuck they are doing, none of us. This is hard for most people to accept.

I am walking down the road of life and I come across a situation I don't know how to deal with, what do I do? I make shit up. Lots of the time its wrong. My parents didn't always know what they were doing, they still don't always know what they are doing. My grandparents didn't always know what they were doing. I doubt in the history of mankind there was more than a dozen people that really knew exactly what they were doing the whole time. I give my parents a pass because they are just people, and people are inherently flawed, and that's life.

The truest thing I have ever realized in life: The only thing I know is that I don't know shit.
Makes perfect sense of course, by no means am I saying i'm ANY better than my parents, at least they had the balls to have kids in the first place, let alone 4. I was mainly just stating its interesting how we look up to them our entire lives, or at least have for most of our lives thus far, and that its interesting when that facade fades. But yeah...i'm in full agreement with it seeming like not one of us has ANY fucking idea whats going on in life. Its just a matter of confidence, really.
Unread 03-15-2009, 11:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
I make bad decisions.

Internets: 108015
SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute SittinOnDubsWGW has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnDubsWGW

i had a big long post, hit reply, internal server bullshit, hit back, gone. damnit.

I might post it again.
SittinOnDubsWGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2009, 12:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
My dad: Overall my dad is a great person, but he's kind of a pussy when it comes to women. He puts them on a pedestal like i've never seen before and for some reason doesn't learn. He still insists that men should pay for everything at all times, even if you're just out with a girl who is a friend of yours, which I think is complete bullshit. He basically thinks women are perfect and never wrong, which explains how my mom gets/got away with so much bullshit growing up.
My dad's the same way. I could make a super long post on this topic, but I'm tired as balls on the tail-end of a four day drinking bender. Another time, perhaps.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

Great post, Blonde.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Dent; 09-13-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

tonguegina is also a bastard.
Unread 03-16-2009, 05:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
I like dirt.

Internets: 2790
tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute tonguegina has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to tonguegina Send a message via AIM to tonguegina Send a message via MSN to tonguegina Send a message via Yahoo to tonguegina

^^True story.

I also never really thought of my parents (or anyone in my family for that matter) as perfect or godlike. Maybe it's because I didn't have the traditional nuclear family upbringing. It made it easier for me to see that we're all human and everyone makes mistakes...blah blah blah.
tonguegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 12:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
*Dislikes ham

Internets: 60790
vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute

Both my parents are Mormon, so even though they both have PhD's they're not smart. Everyone in my family are un-athletic pussys who can't deal with shit and I could beat any of them up.

Putting the sensual in non-consensual.
vaga1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 12:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaga1220 View Post
Both my parents are Mormon, so even though they both have PhD's they're not smart.
Huge LOL
Unread 03-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

For Shameful Transgressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
Conversation with some 30 year old I fucked a few times 3 days ago, we hadn't spoke for 3 months.

she's probably known the father 3 months.
!
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Been told twice

Internets: 1299
TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3lix View Post
!
That actually made me laugh out loud.
TwoBlackEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Dent; 09-13-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Unread 03-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Been told twice

TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of TwoBlackEyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
Not sure how I messed that up, the conversation was 3 days ago, the sex was 3 months ago, and she's 8-11 weeks pregnant, not to me.
3 months = ~90 days
11 weeks = 77 days

That's less than 2 weeks buffer there.

Unless you're able to tell, on sight, exactly how far along a first trimester pregnancy is, I'd be saving up my pennies for a paternity test. If the supposed baby daddy bails, which he probably will if he has any sense, you might be the subject of some finger pointing.
Unread 03-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

...or you could invite her to a party and spike her kool-aid with Mifepristone. Worth a shot. It's kinda of like anti-roofies. You use it to unfuck bitches.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Been told twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgazmo View Post
You use it to unfuck bitches.
They aren't light bulbs.

You can't unscrew them.
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Internets: 210144
ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

You cant unfuck bitches? Thats what abortion is, no?
ninjaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Been told twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaface View Post
You cant unfuck bitches? Thats what abortion is, no?
No, that's just cleaning up afterwards. They've still been fucked.
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Internets: 210144
ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps your ability to receive the miracle that is abortion has jaded/skewed your point of view on the subject.
ninjaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Last edited by Dent; 09-13-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Been told twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaface View Post
Perhaps your ability to receive the miracle that is abortion has jaded/skewed your point of view on the subject.
Why is that?

I'm merely stating that even if you manage to clean out a uterus, it doesn't make the sex act disappear. And if, say, the woman decides at some later date that she didn't consent to that sex act, you still go up on rape charges. It's still a notch on your bedpost (and hers) and, frankly, there are a lot of STDs that are nearly as bad as pregnancy.

So you haven't "unfucked" anything. You've just cleaned up.
Unread 03-17-2009, 10:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
Spice Master

Uh, by "a lot of" i'm pretty sure you mean "2". Maybe three. In order of shittiness: the HIV, hepatitis (the sex kind) and herpes are pretty much the only ones that can't be cured this day and age, no?
Unread 03-18-2009, 01:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

blonde do I really have to post pictures of all the stds right now? Please don't make me.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote