Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Normal Stuff > General Chat

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC
Default FC's Jeep Troubles:

Many people have found humor in my misery so I'll share it with Nubblies.

I have had the absolute worst luck with my Jeep since owning it.

I got a parking ticket on the first day I was driving it. Since then I've accumulated 5 more parking tickets: one of which despite the fact that I HAD paid for parking! My appeal was denied and I was still asked to pay the parking ticket.

I left my lights on one day while parked in a garage outside of work. Come back to the Jeep and the battery is dead. Nobody could jump it, not even the garage attendants. So I had to pay for an AA (the UK AAA equivalent) membership to have them come and start my car.

Got a new Sat Nav and media player installed but the GPS wasn't working. So I had to take it back into the garage to have the GPS fixed. When they fixed the GPS they broke the microphone so I'm supposed to take it back in to have them fix that... we'll see.

Came out to my Jeep one day to see my wind shield wiper twisted and all broken. Great. So I call the police who claim to have found the man responsible (he was found passed out on my Jeep at 3:30 am). He volunteered to pay for the repairs. The repair cost 300 pounds. I get the man's contact info: THE MAN LIVES 2 DOORS DOWN FROM ME. I call him several times and leave voicemails but he never replies. I haven't had the time to track him down in person. His name is Julian Lachla Juliua Maquieria Silvewood Cope (aparently).

So I take the Jeep in. Luckily for me the AC is also busted so I can have that fixed at the same time.

Jeep dealership holds the Jeep for a week and never fixes the AC. "They are still waiting for the parts."

Rioting in London.

A week after the riots (the night of the FF draft) some kids who had been getting away with it all week decided to break into my Jeep. I have money laying out, an expensive Sat Nav/Audio System, Golf Clubs, Tennis Racquets, etc, but all they take is my gym bag.

Take the Jeep back in, costs 500 GBP to fix. Once again they hold the Jeep for a week and then give it back to me without the AC fixed because the AC parts were shipped damaged. Now I have to wait for the new parts to come in.

Driving into work today and I found I accidentally left the sunroof open last time I drove it. Whole car swimming in water. Most things look ok, but now the GPS and Audio buttons dont work. I tried to play some music but the volume continuously increased until it was deafening. The only way I could stop it was to turn the car off and back on again.

I hope the buttons work once it dries out, if not I'm out a 2k GBP GPS/Music system (ouch).

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Internets: 127341
Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Beebs

I could have told you this; in my experience, JEEPs have shitty build quality. Apparently they also attract evil motherfuckers.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
MURICAN

DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs View Post
I could have told you this; in my experience, JEEPs have shitty build quality.
But I'm counting on this Daimler-Benz diesel to last forever!

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
Unread 09-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Internets: 124047
Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute Cocktooth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ FC View Post
Many people have found humor in my misery so I'll share it with Nubblies.

I have had the absolute worst luck with my Jeep since owning it.

I got a parking ticket on the first day I was driving it. Since then I've accumulated 5 more parking tickets: one of which despite the fact that I HAD paid for parking! My appeal was denied and I was still asked to pay the parking ticket.

I left my lights on one day while parked in a garage outside of work. Come back to the Jeep and the battery is dead. Nobody could jump it, not even the garage attendants. So I had to pay for an AA (the UK AAA equivalent) membership to have them come and start my car.

Driving into work today and I found I accidentally left the sunroof open last time I drove it. Whole car swimming in water. Most things look ok, but now the GPS and Audio buttons dont work. I tried to play some music but the volume continuously increased until it was deafening. The only way I could stop it was to turn the car off and back on again.

I hope the buttons work once it dries out, if not I'm out a 2k GBP GPS/Music system (ouch).

It appears half of the bad luck, is self inflicted!

Nubblies: If we put up with Felix, we will put up with you too.
Cocktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Internets: 284753
Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like you should invest some money in a quality car-alarm system.

I mean, it just seems like most of your trouble comes from vandalism.
Saint DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with DH on this one, but that shit really sucks dude. Don't they have security systems that page you these days?

When I had a Wrangler in AZ I had terrible luck with it as well. Things were constantly breaking and the transmission also went out. It got broken into twice for my MP3 player. Sucks.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute Beebs has a reputation beyond repute

An alarm isn't really going to solve his problem, it just makes a noise that most people ignore. A vandal isn't sticking around at all, and a theif is out of there as soon as they can be.
Unread 09-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Cars are such huge pains in the ass. I'm looking forward to living a while without one in a city where you don't need one.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

^ Agreed, I'm pretty stressed I have to deal with all that shit again. DMV, insurance, repairs, gas...public transportation is a convenience I want to have again.
Unread 09-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Internets: 213510
f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

I've owned two Chrysler cars and that number will never increase.
f3lix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hide your nieces.

Internets: 7656
SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute

Drive it into the Thames and get a RX350. Fuck the haters.
SinisterKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute Saint DH has a reputation beyond repute

I've driven Chevys my whole driving life. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Each one went 150,000+ miles with another 100,000 easily in their lives. I'll probably never buy anything else (maybe Cadillac if I'm ever a baller).
Unread 09-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute f3lix has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
Each one went 150,000+ miles with another 100,000 easily in their lives.
Completely baseless claim
Unread 09-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

Dealerships don't give you a $5k trade-in for a car with that many miles on it if it doesn't have that kind of life left.
Unread 09-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Gangnam Style

Go on...
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Emperor Meow

Internets: 284585
THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute THEINCREDIBLEdork has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to THEINCREDIBLEdork

Reagan's Revenge. You should have left that sticker on.

#YOLO
THEINCREDIBLEdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
Dealerships don't give you a $5k trade-in for a car with that many miles on it if it doesn't have that kind of life left.
Mr. Cocktooth, your expertise is requested.
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Nobody can realistically tell what is going to happen in 100,000 miles.
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Spice Master

But then how can you explain Dirty Harry's singular anecdotal experience?!?!? You can't!!!
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

The point I was trying to make is that the cars went 150,000 miles and still ran quite well. Maybe not 100,000 miles, maybe so, but they had a good bit of life left.
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
Poor Sport

Fair enough; the bus company had 2 GM station wagons, the full size rwd ones, one with 350,000ish miles, the other somewhat less. They did however need new transmissions.
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #22 (permalink)

The '95 Tahoe that I first drove did shit out on the transmission around 100,000 miles. The 01 Silverado had an Allison transmission which seemed to be a big improvement.
Unread 09-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
Hide your nieces.

Internets: 7656
SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute

Ballers drive Cadillacs?
SinisterKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 01:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
MURICAN

Wait a second, I get parking tickets and vandalism and this makes you question the quality of the Jeep? That's one of the things I'm actually happy about: the Jeep is tip top. Sinister can testify.

Unread 09-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #25 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ FC View Post
So I take the Jeep in. Luckily for me the AC is also busted so I can have that fixed at the same time.

Wait a second, I get parking tickets and vandalism and this makes you question the quality of the Jeep? That's one of the things I'm actually happy about: the Jeep is tip top. Sinister can testify.
No sir, its not.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote