Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Important Stuff > The Arts

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-31-2010, 04:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cooking for Assholes: Blondes Thread

Since coming to Korea I cook pretty much every day for lack of having a microwave, an oven, and mostly everything here being noodles or fried in batter, so I wing cooking pretty often with just random shit I buy at the grocery. I don't usually use recipes when I cook, probably because i'm so fucking awesome. Here are some of my recent ones.

Sweet Potato Bacon Soup

This one started out as just wanting potato soup, but I also had sweet potatoes and bacon, (plus carrots and onions) so I said fuck it.

Peel and boil all the veggies (except onion) for 10-15 minutes.

While that's happening, fry your bacon and cut up the onion.

Don't do this, you dumbass.

Those ingredients are done. Cut them accordingly into bite-sized pieces.

Sautee (sp?) the onions in butter in the soup pan.

Add some milk and the rest of the veggies.

Bring it to a boil, mixing in spices (I just used some salt and garlic powder.) Add the bacon.

Serve and enjoy that motherfucking shit.

All in all, it came out pretty well. The sweet potatoes were a nice touch and added a sweet taste to an otherwise boring meal. I wish I would have had more bacon.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 01-31-2010 at 04:16 AM.
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 04:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken with Veggies and Rice

This one is really simple, I make it pretty often to take to lunch to work.

These ingredients are chicken breast, sweet potato, carrot and zucchini, but you can really use whatever the fuck you want.

Usually I season the chicken with whatever spice is lying around and then cook it with oil first, as chicken takes longer to cook than the veggies.

Then you can add the rest of the veggies. You should try to add them at different times according how long it takes for them to cook, for example, sweet potato and carrot takes longer to cook than zucchini, because it's a lost softer of a vegetable. Also don't remember to add some water to your pan if it's cooking really dry. Lots of times the moisture inside the ingredients is good enough, but I left the heat on too high so I had to add some more.

This is usually when I add different seasoning (black pepper, salt, etc.) for the rest of the ingredients.

I usually pre cook a bunch of rice every week with a rice cooker and keep it stored in my fridge to add it as an extra ingredient to whatever i'm cooking. It's a hell of alot handier than boiling/cooking rice (which usually takes 20-30 min) every time you want to eat it (which is a lot if you can't eat wheat)

All cooked and ready to go.

Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing.

― Terence McKenna
Unread 03-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Internets: 220249
thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

Made some chili. Going to have people over to eat it tomorrow night because it's better the next day. Heres what you need to know.

1) Two of our friends are Hindu and can't eat cow. So that is Bison Meat.
2) It was browned in deep, nurturing belgian beer.
3) It's spicy.

thekremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

4) Fucking delicious.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Spice Master

That looks really fucking good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekremlin View Post
1) Two of our friends are Hindu and can't eat cow. So that is Bison Meat.
Please tell me this loophole actually doesn't exist. God fucking damn I hate religion.
Unread 03-05-2011, 07:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
MURICAN

DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
That looks really fucking good.

Please tell me this loophole actually doesn't exist. God fucking damn I hate religion.
It makes sense if you know why they don't eat cows in the first place: Indians don't get their fertilizer, milk, and other beneficial life sustaining resources from Bison.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
Unread 03-05-2011, 07:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Spice Master

No it doesn't, because your friend doesn't currently get his fertilizer, milk, and other beneficial life sustaining resources from cows either.

It makes sense as a necessary practicality. Not as unnecessary dogma. And for someone living in London, I can assume it is unnecessary for them.
Unread 03-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hide your nieces.

Internets: 7656
SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute SinisterKid has a reputation beyond repute

I notice you don't have a dishwasher. That sucks.
SinisterKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2011, 03:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
MURICAN

Quote:
No it doesn't, because your friend doesn't currently get his fertilizer, milk, and other beneficial life sustaining resources from cows either.

It makes sense as a necessary practicality. Not as unnecessary dogma. And for someone living in London, I can assume it is unnecessary for them.
Well it's one thing to argue there is a difference between cows and bison and another to argue a Hindu shouldn't respect cows at all.

Unread 03-06-2011, 04:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Spice Master

Okay, then let's start why Hindus who are not poor, living off the land and relying on cattle for sustenance should not respect cattle. You used this defense:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ FC View Post
It makes sense if you know why they don't eat cows in the first place: Indians don't get their fertilizer, milk, and other beneficial life sustaining resources from Bison.
Therefore, if they don't get their life sustaining resources from cows, they should still be able to eat beef.
Unread 03-06-2011, 04:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute thekremlin has a reputation beyond repute

One thing we can all agree upon, though, is that Mr Blonde should be in charge of how people practice their religions.
Unread 03-06-2011, 04:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
MURICAN

Blonde, you knucklehead, I didn't ever say I was going to justify their treatment of cows. Just their treatment of Bison and Cows differently. Cows are special to 1 billion (ish) Hindus in India and if Hindus around the world choose to make cows special to them too then whatever. Bison are special to 0 Hindus in India. And so there is clearly a difference. That's all.

Unread 03-06-2011, 04:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Hey FC since youre awake go buy the stuff for more chili.
Unread 03-06-2011, 04:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
MURICAN

Think I may take a zipcar up to Whole Foods. Any interest?

Unread 03-06-2011, 04:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

Not necessary for the chili ingredients, also I'm kind of hung over
Unread 03-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
One thing we can all agree upon, though, is that Mr Blonde should be in charge of how people practice their religions.
100% my right to call religion retarded especially in cases like this. If you disagree with me voicing my opinion feel free to defend their religion. Good luck.
Unread 03-07-2011, 02:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
Don't call me Shirley

I'm not saying it makes sense. Nor am I saying that the silly things other religions do make sense. But I still think (and I have voiced this before) that ranting about how upset you get when other people conduct their religion is about the dumbest thing in the world. Atheism is a lack of belief, but you voice it shrilly as any religious nutball.
Unread 03-07-2011, 02:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
Atheism is a lack of belief based on reason and clarity causing you to be astounded other seemingly intelligent people don't have and it drives you absolutely bonkers that people can be so retarded.
FTFY
Unread 03-07-2011, 03:09 AM   #19 (permalink)
MURICAN

Serious daddy issues.

Unread 03-07-2011, 03:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ FC View Post
Serious Heavenly Father issues.
FTFY
Unread 03-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
*Dislikes ham

Internets: 60790
vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute vaga1220 has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing more ridiculous than not eating beef is not eating wheat.

Putting the sensual in non-consensual.
vaga1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
Spice Master

Agreed.
Unread 03-08-2011, 01:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Jelqing for Jesus

Internets: 194538
angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute angry pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Atheism is a lack of belief, but you voice it shrilly as any religious nutball.
Mr. Blonde is more atheist than thou.
angry pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 01:35 AM   #24 (permalink)
Spice Master

Um Kremlin is Jewish.
Unread 03-08-2011, 02:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Um Kremlin is Jewish.
And Jews were the first Atheists ... not sure your point here.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote