Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here?  

Go Back   Nubblies.net Forums - Wtf Did You Google To End Up Here? > Crazy Stuff > I'm Right, Fuck You

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-22-2009, 01:50 AM   #476 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

I will judge.

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 06:20 AM   #477 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDongedHoe View Post
Flame away.
You a dumbass.
There's no god.

Too much cock-tugging does this to people.
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 09:12 AM   #478 (permalink)
Almost there...

Internets: 161638
Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

Statement: It was always obvious BDH was a reluctant Christian, at least now he's embracing it.

Prediction: He will gradually post on nubblies less and less as he becomes more influenced by his girl and all of her pious friends.

Last edited by Repugnant Abomination; 10-22-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Repugnant Abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #479 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

It never ceases to amaze me that people can go years and years believing there is no God then all of the sudden have a couple too good to be true magical coincidences happen and they are ready to join the crusades.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #480 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Internets: 55974
BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repugnant Abomination View Post
He will gradually post on nubblies less and less as he becomes more influenced by his girl and all of her pious friends.
Not that anything you've ever said really has any affect on me. Because of all people on the board I think you're probably the weirdest/most socially inept.

But I'm no longer with that girl.

There's life and then there is Cubs baseball, it's a chore to seperate the two.
BigDongedHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 12:04 PM   #481 (permalink)
Bokononist

Internets: 11801
Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute Fruitacious B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not that anything you've ever said really has any affect on me. Because of all people on the board I think you're probably the weirdest/most socially inept.

But I'm no longer with that girl
So it was love scorned that made God real?

that's one option I suppose. These days a lot of people are cutting to the chase and going gay.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." |vonnegut
Fruitacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #482 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute BigDongedHoe has a reputation beyond repute

No definitely not "love". Anybody who knows me well knows I don't mess around with stuff like this. I've always been honest about my views on things.

I simply won't go into it because atheist (especially on this board more than other places) like to argue, ridicule, or try to prove I'm wrong. I'm not going to argue, I believe because of faith and I know that I know that I know. I know its hard for others to understand and I understand fully why, I was that same person for 24 years. Does it sound crazy? yes. Is it illogical? yes. Does it make me "weak minded"? Sure if thats your opinion. Life is just more fulfilling, thats the only thing I can say.

Unread 10-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #483 (permalink)
COME ON YOU YANKS

Internets: 305662
Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute Orgazmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Orgazmo Send a message via AIM to Orgazmo Send a message via Yahoo to Orgazmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTempest View Post
It never ceases to amaze me that people can go years and years believing there is no God then all of the sudden have a couple too good to be true magical coincidences happen and they are ready to join the crusades.
Agreed on this. I mean, not to the crusades extent that you took it to in your comedic exaggeration, but going for a very long time believing A...then something happens and the belief switches to B. I like to hear about the somethings that are happening in these instances...because I like to wonder what I'd think if they happened to me.
Orgazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 01:19 PM   #484 (permalink)
Spice Master

Internets: 278288
Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

If only there was a place BDH could tell us these things, in not such a public forum where any Joe Schmo from the internet could look it up.

Sighh....i guess it just wasn't meant to be
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #485 (permalink)
Almost there...

Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute Repugnant Abomination has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's a very good reason to not listen to what someone says.

Quote:
I simply won't go into it because atheist (especially on this board more than other places) like to argue, ridicule, or try to prove I'm wrong.
If you can't defend your beliefs against a community of intelligent people then that says more about you and your beliefs than the people ridiculing them. Don't try to place negative connotations on the people questioning you - it's not our job to prove you wrong, it's your job to prove yourself right. If you make bold claims and refuse to defend them then expect ridicule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
You a dumbass.
There's no god.

Too much cock-tugging does this to people.
That's not very nice or constructive, Dent.

...Oh my God, wait a minute...

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven."
(Matthew 5:11,12)

!!!!!!!!!!!

We're witnessing Biblical prophesy coming true right before our eyes! Maybe BDH is right!

Last edited by Repugnant Abomination; 10-22-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Unread 10-22-2009, 11:33 PM   #486 (permalink)

Internets: 247330
Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute Ugly Bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't try to place negative connotations on the people questioning you - it's not our job to prove you wrong, it's your job to prove yourself right.
Bullshit. BDH doesn't owe us anything. It's not like he started trying to force his beliefs on us. I'm the one who brought this up for Christ's sake and trying to turn it into some podium to release a bunch of self-righteous feelings about how stupid it is to believe in God isn't going to get BDH to open up to us about how things are going for him so stfu you socially inept hippie.
Ugly Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #487 (permalink)
Almost there...

Yeah, no. Posting "Lead me to the cross where your love poured out" on a public social networking site where you're friends with almost everyone on nubblies is fair game. You don't post status updates unless you want everyone to read them. People will inevitably have reactions.

BDH is more than welcome to share his change of heart with us, I'd like him to, but saying he won't because us mean people will argue with him is pretty weak. If you don't want people to ask you to prove yourself then don't post controversial shit you believe on your facebook page.

But okay, I'll tone it down in the interest of listening if he will tell us about it, because I'm genuinely curious too.

Last edited by Repugnant Abomination; 10-23-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Unread 10-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #488 (permalink)
Spice Master

Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Blonde has a reputation beyond repute

Unread 10-23-2009, 12:23 AM   #489 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Quote:
If you can't defend your beliefs against a community of intelligent people then that says more about you and your beliefs than the people ridiculing them. Don't try to place negative connotations on the people questioning you - it's not our job to prove you wrong, it's your job to prove yourself right. If you make bold claims and refuse to defend them then expect ridicule.
I don't owe you anything let alone insight into what my personal beliefs are over an internet forum. This only adds to my above point that you are by far the most socially inept person on here.

And yes I think that is a good reason to not discuss something with somebody and why? The most impacting people you'll meet over the course of your life have social skills. I value people that can build relationships and keep them because they have far more worth than smart kids that have fewer friends than they can count on their hands. Sure they can specialize in engineering, medicine, or computer science but in the grand scheme of things from a business standpoint they have limited potential because they can't communicate face to face. Technology can only take you so far but eventually business involves face to face communication.

I went on a tangent but I'm not going to discuss my personal beliefs to people like you that I don't know, will never know, and really have little desire to get to know. Especially over an internet forum only to have you pick it apart and try and make yourself feel greater. If you're an atheist Repug more power to you. I understand where you're coming from and honestly I can relate to exactly where you're at on 1,000 different levels. I just had a change of heart, a reasonable person would understand.

Last edited by BigDongedHoe; 10-23-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Unread 10-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #490 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
Sure they can specialize in engineering, medicine, or computer science but in the grand scheme of things from a business standpoint they have limited potential
....? What?
Unread 10-23-2009, 12:41 AM   #491 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
....? What?
Entrepreneurs have social skills. CEO's usually aren't engineers and computer nerds. Sure those guys can make it big being an intricate part of the business but they rarely are the founder or driving manager behind it. In most startup business ventures that I know of personally the founder was a sales/socially inept person who surrounded himself with engineer/computer science type to help with his weaknesses and do the things he was unable to do.

I should reword and say that those type of people can be very successful but I don't think they have half the potential (key world potential) that people that are socially aware have.

Unread 10-23-2009, 01:43 AM   #492 (permalink)
Level 20 Holothetan

Internets: 210144
ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute ninjaface has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus is a fairy tale.
ninjaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 01:54 AM   #493 (permalink)
MURICAN

Internets: 250185
DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute DJ FC has a reputation beyond repute
For Shameful Transgressions
Send a message via AIM to DJ FC

What would Jesus think of "Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck"?

The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them.
DJ FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 02:13 AM   #494 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
Entrepreneurs have social skills. CEO's usually aren't engineers and computer nerds. Sure those guys can make it big being an intricate part of the business but they rarely are the founder or driving manager behind it. In most startup business ventures that I know of personally the founder was a sales/socially inept person who surrounded himself with engineer/computer science type to help with his weaknesses and do the things he was unable to do.

I should reword and say that those type of people can be very successful but I don't think they have half the potential (key world potential) that people that are socially aware have.
I guess I don't know what any of this really has to do with religion. I understand you're attempting to make your point with Repug being socially inept (i don't think he is personally, I think he understands many social situations quite well but chooses not to be a part of them...most of the most important men in history were not socially adept in the least, nor CEO's), but that's straying pretty far from the issue.

What it looks more like to me is you're somehow trying to lord your business education background and social prowess over intellectual debate and reason. Nobody on here (who is a serious poster, anyways) is outright insulting your newfound belief system, most of us are just honestly intrigued in what could trigger someone who was on the other side of the fence,or at least sitting on it for so long to have such a sudden and impacting change in their beliefs.

I understand if you don't want to share it on here, but Repug does have a point with your status message. On the same note, I'm also aware you aren't preaching on this board nor did you make that post on Nubblies, so if you don't want to share, that's fine, but

A. We're not in the wrong for asking

and

B. Insulting other members to hide behind it isn't helping your cause

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 10-23-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Unread 10-23-2009, 08:20 AM   #495 (permalink)
Lost in Hilbert Spice

Internets: 174266
Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute Dent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't owe you anything let alone insight into what my personal beliefs are over an internet forum.
What about spreading the good word? you'll go to hell if you don't try and convince us that the bible isn't a pack of bullshit!

Also fuck being moderate.

Quote:
I just had a change of heart, a reasonable person would understand.
A change of heart is whether you're gonna use lube this time, not joining the slippery slope to hell, either you've experienced a miracle of some sort (blurrrr) or you were never a skeptical atheist to begin with.

BDH in 5 years : Typical religious nut that believes he knows where you come from (maaan) because he used to be atheist and took multiple drugs, he goes on for 5 minutes about how he was in a dark/evil place and found jesus.
And repug is socially inept.
Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 08:24 AM   #496 (permalink)
Almost there...

Quote:
I don't owe you anything let alone insight into what my personal beliefs are over an internet forum. This only adds to my above point that you are by far the most socially inept person on here.
Fair enough.
Quote:
And yes I think that is a good reason to not discuss something with somebody and why? The most impacting people you'll meet over the course of your life have social skills. I value people that can build relationships and keep them because they have far more worth than smart kids that have fewer friends than they can count on their hands. Sure they can specialize in engineering, medicine, or computer science but in the grand scheme of things from a business standpoint they have limited potential because they can't communicate face to face. Technology can only take you so far but eventually business involves face to face communication.
This just makes you sound like a dumb jock who justifies his own ignorance by pointing at the nerds and telling himself at least he can get laid.

Quote:
I went on a tangent but I'm not going to discuss my personal beliefs to people like you that I don't know, will never know, and really have little desire to get to know.
Well, it is a discussion board, and everyone is obviously very curious. You wouldn't have posted that status update on facebook unless you wanted people to see it. You had to know it would be brought up on nubblies.

Quote:
Especially over an internet forum only to have you pick it apart and try and make yourself feel greater. If you're an atheist Repug more power to you. I understand where you're coming from and honestly I can relate to exactly where you're at on 1,000 different levels. I just had a change of heart, a reasonable person would understand.
If I pick your beliefs apart it's because I've thought a lot about them and disagree. It's nothing personal. I get that you don't care to talk about something so personal to a stranger(s) who borderline troll you on a message board, but if you want to know the truth of it a lot of us (all of us?) are curious because we've looked at these issues too and didn't see the same thing, and that's hard. I don't think there's anyone who is happy about genuinely believing there is no God. I struggle with death everyday - it gnaws at me, hounds me, ruins otherwise wonderful moments. I have a hard time being happy because I know someday I'll be parted from the people I love; knowing that most likely I'll end up a bag of forgotten bones, buried alone. That kind of finality, that aloneness, is terrifying. Frankly I really enjoy life and wish it would never end. So if you think you've found some kind of answer then seriously, tell us, or just tell me. Please. I know you don't owe any of us anything, but If you're serious about being a Christian then it's practically your duty.

Last edited by Repugnant Abomination; 10-23-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Unread 10-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #497 (permalink)
Spice Master

Quote:
...but if you want to know the truth of it a lot of us (all of us?) are curious because we've looked at these issues too and didn't see the same thing, and that's hard. I don't think there's anyone who is happy about genuinely believing there is no God.
This. Almost every single day I half-wish I was still innocent, naive and untarnished by the harshness of life, and believed that there was something out there looking out for me. But most of the belief I had when I was younger was simple indoctrination and wishful thinking, and as soon as I was able to escape my closed-minded surroundings and reason for myself with logic, reason, evidence (or lack thereof), and science, i knew it was over.

As cliche as it sounds, it really is like being in the Matrix. Most of the human population takes the blue pill day in and day out, even if something's gnawing at them that something is not right about their situation. They do it because it's comfortable to them and it gives them the illusion of safety. There are also people who have taken the red pill, whether out of curiosity, frustration, or it was forced down there throat (although the latter doesn't seem to work well), and you just can't go back.

As much as I would like to believe in a god or a supreme being watching out for me (everything happens for a reason, lol!), I know that I can never accept a theory such as that without proof (of which there is an OVERWHELMING LACK OF in comparison to how much religion--ANY religion claims). I'd rather be completely clueless than believe in something that makes zero common sense so wholeheartedly simply on "faith".

Last edited by Mr. Blonde; 10-23-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Unread 10-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #498 (permalink)
Ahoy Fuckbag

Internets: 187030
DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute DDTempest has a reputation beyond repute

I have been in countless religious discussions over the years. I have a super power similar to UB's ... he attracts the mentally fucked military guys, I attract the mentally fucked uber Christians. In all of my years of trying to rationally explain away their belief systems there has not been a single person I have ever convinced. Ever. At the time its frustrating; I feel like I am generally carpet bombing every point they can possibly hold on to, dissecting it from every possible angle and still never even the admission that its possible they are wrong. I find this stalwart faith somewhat amazing and I am sort of jealous that there is nothing I believe in that strongly. I have given up trying to convert people, most people aren't able to accept "nothing" as an alternative to "a something," even if it is a poorly conceived one.

I think a majority of Atheists will agree that it would be fucking fantastic to even be able to believe in Christianity. I would love to be able to mentally wrap my brain around Christianity, but I just can't. I am honestly fascinated by what event(s) could turn anyone from being atheist to Christian in such a short time. If you don't want to turn it into a big flame war you can PM it to me, I am genuinely interested.

Quote:
You often seem to think that the lowest-hanging-fruit makes you some sort of comedy genius. You're just not a good person. You're spiteful, constantly negative, and bring others down to make yourself feel better. I just don't have room for that.
DDTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #499 (permalink)
Sex Kitten Milf fuuucck

Quote:
If I pick your beliefs apart it's because I've thought a lot about them and disagree. It's nothing personal. I get that you don't care to talk about something so personal to a stranger(s) who borderline troll you on a message board, but if you want to know the truth of it a lot of us (all of us?) are curious because we've looked at these issues too and didn't see the same thing, and that's hard. I don't think there's anyone who is happy about genuinely believing there is no God. I struggle with death everyday - it gnaws at me, hounds me, ruins otherwise wonderful moments. I have a hard time being happy because I know someday I'll be parted from the people I love; knowing that most likely I'll end up a bag of forgotten bones, buried alone. That kind of finality, that aloneness, is terrifying. Frankly I really enjoy life and wish it would never end. So if you think you've found some kind of answer then seriously, tell us, or just tell me. Please. I know you don't owe any of us anything, but If you're serious about being a Christian then it's practically your duty.
Here's the deal Repug, you've obviously thought and talked to others about their faith. You've talked about your cult sister (which is a horrible example of being a believer). Would it really matter what I had to say over the internet to you? Probably not. With that being said a lot of the feelings that you had I had as well. I was never scared of death because my ego wouldn't let me. I was however very scared at the person I was becoming. Once God started to lay the groundwork in my life and I finally cracked, life has never been more fulfilling or peaceful. I have an overwhelming feeling of content that I never had. The thing is really anything that I could say will only be things that you guys have heard a million times.

And Blonde faith is a gift, you either choose to accept it or you don't. Hebrews 11:3: "By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible."

As a baby believer I still sin and mess up all the time. You guys think I don't get drunk anymore? Or that I still don't struggle with sex and things like that. I still struggle everyday, being a believer doesn't rid you of all the things that made up your old life. It simply convicts you too work harder at growing in your relationship with Christ and becoming a better example to others. I've said my peace and thats really all the more I have to say about it. I would gladly talk to anyone of you personally as long as you were as open to my beliefs as I was to yours. Being an atheist or agnostic is exactly where I was at for so many years. Many of the things you guys bring up as to why you don't believe were part of the 100s of reasons I didn't too.

Unread 10-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #500 (permalink)
Almost there...

Quote:
Would it really matter what I had to say over the internet to you?
Yes.

Quote:
The thing is really anything that I could say will only be things that you guys have heard a million times.
Right, and probably the same things you had heard a million times too. So what made it different for you this time around?

Quote:
As a baby believer I still sin and mess up all the time. You guys think I don't get drunk anymore? Or that I still don't struggle with sex and things like that.
What I have a difficult time with is the idea that drinking alcohol and having premarital sex are sins. Are they sins in and of themselves, or because "God" says they are? I can't think of any logical reason why engaging in these two behaviors would be morally wrong, other than to say they are wrong because God says they are, and since he's God he must be right. For me, it's giving up authority over yourself.

Quote:
Many of the things you guys bring up as to why you don't believe were part of the 100s of reasons I didn't too.
Did you just come to accept faith, or was there some sort of miraculous event? Maybe an epiphany...?

Last edited by Repugnant Abomination; 10-23-2009 at 11:32 AM.